The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 8 Homepage I

+8
CJB
dammit_chris
Steven_Sharks
ChequeredJersey
Ozzy3213
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
SirJohnnyEnglish
12 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 Empty Season 8 Homepage I

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 13 Jun 2015, 6:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: London Wasps regain their crown following playoff final victory. 

Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2014/2015 – London Wasps
2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 6London Wasps * 2218136265646269498283
2Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 12Sale Sharks *2218046165467068497482
3Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 9Northampton Saints     2216066065535362518678
4Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 7Harlequins *2212286055644160543862
5Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 4Leicester Tigers2211295515411047470957
6Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 1Bath Rugby *2210111572579-7575531151
7Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 2Gloucester2291125825775585331251
8Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 8Newcastle Falcons *229112553579-26525331050
9Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 11Saracens *229211546578-32475311050
10Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 48Exeter Chiefs *227411538568-30465401146
11Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 50London Welsh224018513601-88456101228
12Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 5London Irish *222218531601-70436411627

Welcome to Season 8 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 23 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1993. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. Worcester Warriors & London Wasps will receive two additional bids to be used exclusively on academy age players. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by the RFU on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by the RFU against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.
    Player Draft
    Worcester Warriors & London Wasps will participate in a player draft beginning the week of June 22nd. Both sides will be allowed to draft two players each. The draft picks will go as follows; 1. Worcester 2. Wasps 3. Wasps 4. Worcester.

Round Bidding
    There will be two rounds of bidding. The first window will run the week starting June 29th and the second the week starting July 3rd. All sides will be allowed to sign one player each during the window. These bids are not protected if you do not have the funds in place to bid during the window you will lose the bid.     

Open Bidding
    From July 13th the foreign market will be open to all bids similar to previous seasons. Due to the world cup the window will remain open till the end of September. 

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will pm the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
Bonuses will be awarded on a scaled basis i.e. 2m for 5 games, 1.6m for 4 games and so on
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Sat 01 Aug 2015, 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 8 Homepage I - Page 18 Empty Re: Season 8 Homepage I

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm

It's a toss up really of how you get balance. Cheika has said palu will come back after rest for last RC game and WC which means Fardy required.

Skelton not jumping is an issue though.

He is far from guaranteed his place although must be the long term candidate as has a great potential. Only ever started 3 games and of those 2 had a disaster against South Africa and a very good game against a poor Argentina side.

From a purely balance perspective mumm and Simmons works best. However you will not win a WC with that and to have a chance against one of the bigger nations Skelton offers you that bit extra despite his obligatory penalties.

I can see merits for hooper pocock and Skelton but getting balance for Aussie pack is tough. I would also start sio

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 29 Jul 2015, 5:29 pm

I don't understand why it wouldn't be given a go before the World Cup. They are happy to play them together when one goes off the bench as they have in the last two weeks.

I think my Oz pack would be

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Holmes
4. Horwill
5. Mumm
6. Hooper
7. Pocock
8. McCalman

With Skelton and Fardy off they bench.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 29 Jul 2015, 5:33 pm

Horwill has been impressive off the bench but he's a short term option.

That pack and especially backrow lacks carrying for me Steve, it wouldn't work.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 7:07 pm

I really like McAlman think he is hugely underrated but Palu will be WC 8. Personally prefer McAlman as an all round player but as pooly points out they lack carriers and Palu will fufill that role.

Is mcalman still in releases

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:32 am

Hooper banned for 1 week so available against ABs

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:37 am

There's really no point banning him

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:56 am

So England are the only body that bans players so it impacts their national team.

Just banning him from a club game, what is the point SANZAR - the Argentinian definitely deserved a slap though!

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1699/ArticleID/15788/Michael-Hooper-SANZAR-Hearing-Outcome.aspx

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:31 am

Predictions to me this week please lads thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 31 Jul 2015, 7:25 pm

Just watching SA v NZ

De Allende and Kriel have been absolutely outstanding so far. They have completely outplayed Nonu and Smith. JDV and Serfontein especially will have a job getting back into this side in the midfield.

Sopoanga has been good so far. Not bang average as someone suggested.

Brussow also been impressive although I stand by the fact he was lucky to be involved. De Jager and Etzebeth work well together. PDST has a job to get himself back involved although he offers much more mobility than the other two so has a chance. Matfield's lineout hasn't really been missed so far.

Burger doing ok at 8. Maybe Pocock or Hooper could have a shot there for Oz (had to sneak it in somewhere)

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 31 Jul 2015, 7:53 pm

Hasn't Pocock packed down at no8 Steve? They'll cause England issues if they play both of those guys. Real issue is their second row, Skelton has taken an absolute hammering in the Aussie press last few weeks - he's almost too big and would surely be a better impact sub with Mumm starting.

SA looking very strong, but seem to drop off in final quarter of a game as their fitness just seems to drop off, or maybe not having the best impact bench. Agree with you about De Allende and Kriel, if their back three picks up some form they are going to be very tough to beat.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 31 Jul 2015, 8:19 pm

"Sopoanga has been good so far. Not bang average as someone suggested."

Pretty sure you know that was me! Wink

I didn't say he played bang average, I said he was bang average which I stand by. He's a run of the mill pivot, a bit like the New Zealand version of Myler.

PSDT will be lucky to put 5 games together, he's so injury prone.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 31 Jul 2015, 8:46 pm

Sopoaga has more to his attacking game than Myler.

Du Toit is horribly injury prone but a fantastic talent. Probably down the pecking order in English conditions but might get in as the fourth lock fitness permitting. Clearly rated as he's been in and around the squad despite all his injuries.

SA have an interesting decision to make at lock. De Jager offers so much more around the park than Matfield. His lineout work is good but the SA lineout looks much more vulnerable with the lack of lineout options in there current back row although it looks better with Vermaulen or Whiteley at 8.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 31 Jul 2015, 8:50 pm

Whitley will be lucky to get in, he's not looked cut out for Int rugby and Burger has worked well at 8.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 8:59 pm

I can see Kriel being shifted out to the wing if JdV is fit for the World Cup. Back three of 11. Habana 14. Kriel 15. le Roux could be very potent.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 31 Jul 2015, 8:59 pm

If Vermaulen and Alberts gets back there back row will be hotly contested.

I'd go 6. Alberts 7. Burger 8. Vermaulen with Brussow or Louw off the bench. You don't necessarily need the breakdown expert with BDP around and JDP adds a fair bit himself.

Have also noticed just how good Kriel has been at the breakdown.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:00 pm

I think that's likely Pete but the way he's playing you want him on the ball as much as possible.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:01 pm

The Boks have so many options in the back row when everyone is fit.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:02 pm

I agree Steve, I'd leave him at 13, as he has looked very good there so far, but Meyer is loyal, and if fit, JdV will definitely start.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:05 pm

There options are frightening. Coetzee, Brussow and Whiteley could be surplus to requirements in the match 23 and they haven't even looked at Jaco Kriel who was the best SA back row in super rugby or Kolisi, Prinsloo, Carr etc

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:10 pm

Agree with that Pete, can see Kriel on the wing when JDV is back.

Insane options for SA in backrow.

6. Lowe/Brussow
7. Burger/Coetzee
8. Vermeulen/Burger

If fit Alberts will go as can cover 4/6, heard he's 50/50.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jul 2015, 11:47 pm

Alberts unanimous if
Fit.

Burger a great 8 replacement or fantastic 6/7

If fit 6 Alberts 7 Burger 8 vermaulen

Alberts massive at breakdown in clearing past ball and smashing rucks. Burger and vermaulen huge also.

Coetzee louw also world class.

Brussow and whitely third tier and not that effective at top top level.

Brussow was best player in world under elv's when you could stay clamped to ball: the release means he gets smashed out way and is not big enough.

Vs lions he was unplayable

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 01 Aug 2015, 12:46 am

Folks apologies for the lateness of the match threads, budgets, foreigns etc been a week from hell in work. Will be on top of everything again by the end of the weekend

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 01 Aug 2015, 6:59 am

You and "unanimous"

Only one man matters and that's Meyer. Alberts has had a poor season and Burger has been fantastic, if fit I can't see him dropping Louw.

6. Louw
7. Burger
8. Vermeulen

With possibly Alberts off the bench. Burger is less effective as an openside imo.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 01 Aug 2015, 7:03 am

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/rugby/sanzar-appeals-michael-hooper-rugby-ban-q03809

I can't believe Aus are appealing his one week ban?!?! I hope he gets longer now.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 01 Aug 2015, 11:21 am

Is amusing that they are appealing, he's lucky it wasn't 3-4 games.

For SA backrow and having everyone fit Alberts, Burger, Vermeule for me. Most teams can't match it in terms of physicality, probably biggest reason we seem to lose against SA. Vermeulen is so good at the breakdown and means you don't have to have a traditional no7 and it just seems to gel very well when they've played.

But then Louw and Coetzee could both easily step in. Only question mark would be Alberts' fitness, which could see him on the bench at the start of the WC.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 01 Aug 2015, 11:27 am

Alberts has looked a bit pedestrian when he's played, it's a big frame he carries around and he's had a stack of injuries.

Yea agree Chris, it's a joke they're appealing.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 01 Aug 2015, 11:50 am

Who is it appealing? It's not the ARU but Sanzar isn't it. They have a separate independent guy who looks at each case and he's said it needs to be looked at again.

The fact that the ARU have made Manly put in a false teamsheet with Hooper on the bench so that the one week counted as this week is a bit naughty. Although I suppose that's just playing the system.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 01 Aug 2015, 11:58 am

If you're banned in a competition, you should at least miss a game in that competition. It's a complete farce really

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 01 Aug 2015, 12:35 pm

Steve SANZAR are appealing the ban is too short, ARU and Hooper are appealing the ban is too long. Always find it bizarre how there are different rules on this in SH and NH when it is a global game.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Aug 2015, 9:08 am

Dickson 36 eastmond and yarde cut from World Cup squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 02 Aug 2015, 9:17 am

Burgess at 12?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 02 Aug 2015, 9:40 am

Burgess is starting for England at no12 against France apparently.

They drop 12 at the end of the week don't they? Probably agree with all of those cuts, was a bit worried we'd stick with Twelvetrees.

Lancaster desperately wants a midfield battering ram so can see why Burgess is there and having Ford and Joseph helps his cause. Better no6 by far though. Barritt, Joseph and then two from Burrell, Slade and Burgess. All five if Cips falls foul with the police.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Aug 2015, 9:53 am

Cips starts 10 vs France with burgess 12 apparently

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:14 am

Bomber is clueless. Burgess is no more an international standard 12 than I am!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:15 am

Slade at no13 too.

They make a total of 9 cuts at the end of the week I believe, which should give them their final squad numbers? Maybe.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:20 am

Dunno Pete, I think if I had the choice of trying to tackle you or Burgess I might not opt for the latter!

Is bizarre selection really. Guy is undoubtedly very talented, good ball carrier and has a lot of potential, but he's played his best rugby for Bath at no6. We just seem desperate for a guy to get us over the gainline in the backs and some physicality. Also highlights the real issues we have at no12 for England, as if we had decent options Burgess would be nowhere near.

In saying that he must be doing a decent job in training. Big call from Lancaster really.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:23 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:Bomber is clueless.  Burgess is no more an international standard 12 than I am!

Totally agree, scary

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:27 am

Telegraph "England, continue to be drawn to Burgess's X-factor; his character, drive and big game temperament are seen as invaluable qualities in the squad, even from a training and preparation perspective."

Also mention how Cipriani could get ahead of Farrell as the bench option due to his match-winning ability as Burgess on the bench limits the midfield options.

Saying that it looks as though Kvesvic, Mullan are also going to be out but not really surprising there. Think it is a real shame Lancaster didn't give Slade a try during the 6Nations as could be an excellent solution to our midfield.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:47 am

Telegraph "England, continue to be drawn to Burgess's X-factor; his character, drive and big game temperament are seen as invaluable qualities in the squad, even from a training and preparation perspective."

Nothing about him being good in the position.....crazy.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:52 am

He needs games and learning through playing international rugby is not an option

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 02 Aug 2015, 1:40 pm

Available for deals:

HK Guilhem Guirado (France)

PR Nic Auterac (England)
PR Alex Waller (England)
PR Jannie Du Plessis (South Africa)
PR Tomas Francis (England)

LK Bradley Davies (Wales)
LK James Horwill (Australia)
LK Patricio Albacete (Argentina)

FL Ben Mowen (Australia)
FL Heinrich Brussow (South Africa)
FL Brad Shields (New Zealand)
N8 Dave Denton (Scotland)

FH Morne Steyn (South Africa)
FH Patrick Lambie (South Africa)

CE Tom Taylor (New Zealand)
CE Maxime Mermoz (France)
CE Marcelo Bosch (Argentina)
FB Scott Spedding (France)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 03 Aug 2015, 7:39 am

This weeks match threads are up, and league tables are posted on the round 5 match threads.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 03 Aug 2015, 5:10 pm

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_67601,00.html

Looking good for SA's injuries. Some big decisions for Meyer.

Awful for Steyn though

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 03 Aug 2015, 5:27 pm

Rumoured Aus line up:

1. Scott Sio, 2. Stephen Moore (c), 3. Greg Holmes, 4. Will Skelton, 5. James Horwill, 6, Scott Fardy, 7. Michael Hooper, 8. Wycliff Palu, 9. Nick Phipps, 10. Bernard Foley, 11. Drew Mitchell, 12, Matt Giteau, 13. Tevita Kuridrani, 14. Adam Ashley-Cooper, 15. Israel Folau

http://m.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/bledisloe-cup-2015-james-horwill-raises-hand-for-wallabies-lineout-job-in-test-against-all-blacks-20150803-giqg2s.html

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 6:34 pm

The Scottish are obviously better with contracts than the Toulon as naiyavaro cannot get out of his contract and so is unselectable for Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 03 Aug 2015, 7:11 pm

That's not what I read Matt.

He said he was available for the WC and would join up with Glasgow after that, for at least a year I think.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 03 Aug 2015, 7:16 pm

That was ny understanding.

That looks close to a full strength Oz side to me. Should be a good game.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 03 Aug 2015, 7:19 pm

Yea agree Steve, I don't think they could select a stronger side at the minute. It'll be a good gauge of where they are currently.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 03 Aug 2015, 7:59 pm

http://m.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/33547714

"He's definitely coming to Glasgow to honour his commitments, at least for the first year," said Tyran Smith.

He's joining after international commitments but has failed to make a squad so far.

" Naiyaravoro will join Glasgow Warriors following his international commitments, contrary to reports in the Australian media, his agent has stated."

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 04 Aug 2015, 11:22 am

Scott Williams captains Wales on Sat. http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-rugby-team-announcement-v-9785700

And PDST to be in SA squad on Sat.

http://m.news24.com/sport24/Rugby/RugbyChampionship/Du-Toit-part-of-Meyers-Bok-plans-20150802

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next