The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What worries you about your team going in to the WC?

+9
The Saint
Steffan
Notch
LordDowlais
Pete330v2
Fanster
rodders
GunsGerms
nobbled
13 posters

Go down

What worries you about your team going in to the WC? Empty What worries you about your team going in to the WC?

Post by nobbled Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:17 pm

For England I worry that our line-out could be a nightmare. With 2 hookers likely chosen that are - both good around the park and fine at scrum-time - but as accurate as a Daily Mail news article at the lineout throw - I can see us suffering badly.

nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

What worries you about your team going in to the WC? Empty Re: What worries you about your team going in to the WC?

Post by GunsGerms Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm

I worry that we (Ireland) will get the yips and implode. I also worry that we will be given Wayne Barnes for key games.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

What worries you about your team going in to the WC? Empty Re: What worries you about your team going in to the WC?

Post by rodders Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm

I'm worried about playing the ABs in the final.

Would much prefer South Africa.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm

I worry the mods here won't stand a chance as soon as 2 tier 1 nations finish their first game, I'm thinking the Welsh and English on here won't hold back!

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:37 pm

No matter the expectations for Ireland's fortunes in the RWC we've come away feeling rather deflated to say the very least. The prospect of more deflation worries me although perhaps I shouldn't have such high hopes for our fortunes. The Schmidt factor has me hoping for great things but such hopes have been scattered to the four winds every RWC.
So it's a repeat of fortunes I fear the most.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:41 pm

What worries me is playing Australia and England and having to beat them to get out of our group. mad

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:41 pm

For Ireland... Scrum-half position, tight head position. Lack of genuine depth in both. Lack of a player with the versatility to cover 10 and an outside backs position to a high standard, giving us less wiggle room in our 31-man squad than other nations.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:51 pm

I'm worried Rob Kearney might try and run the ball and pretend to dummy before getting smashed, rather than hoof the ball in the air and run after it.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm

Our captain dropping the Webb Ellis cup when we lift it is my biggest concern

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:57 pm

I'm worried about the usual, longwinded hate Wales will be getting once we start beating teams.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:11 pm

The Saint wrote:I'm worried about the usual, longwinded hate Wales will be getting once we start beating teams.

I think your concerns will be short lived.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:16 pm

Steffan wrote:Our captain dropping the Webb Ellis cup when we lift it is my biggest concern
No one hates Wales...they just hate you

Everyone loves us in the rugby world especially our good neighbours England and I'm sure they will all be cheering us on when Wales win the 2015 Rugby Word Cup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:18 pm

I would cheer any of the six nations teams if they make the final against a non six nations team. Though I would prefer if it was a new 6 nations team that won and preferably not Italy, Scotland, France or Wales.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:20 pm

GunsGerms wrote:I would cheer any of the six nations teams if they make the final against a non six nations team.
And me (apart from England and Ireland)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:28 pm

The Saint wrote:I'm worried about the usual, longwinded hate Wales will be getting once we start beating teams.

An interesting mix of paranoia and confidence there.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:52 pm

England must be worried about fielding a full side, Manu's in clink, Cipriani will be, Hartley should be and now Strettle's off to cash in.

Oh well, another opportunity for Roko to play a game and get passed over.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:03 pm

Steffan wrote:
Steffan wrote:Our captain dropping the Webb Ellis cup when we lift it is my biggest concern
No one hates Wales...they just hate you

Everyone loves us in the rugby world especially our good neighbours England and I'm sure they will all be cheering us on when Wales win the 2015 Rugby Word Cup

We know everyone hates you Steff, doesn't matter what nationality... About time you got the hint too thumbsup.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:04 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

I think your concerns will be short lived.

Fair play. At least we'd take it on the chin though, instead of blaming Wayne Barnes...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:12 pm

The Saint wrote:We know everyone hates you Steff, doesn't matter what nationality... About time you got the hint too thumbsup.
The words 'face' and 'bothered' come to mind Smile

I'm surprised you are even supporting Wales anyway

I thought any side you support must have 'Newport' in the name

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:44 pm

We're still 90 odd days away and the Welsh have turned on each other...

My concerns about the mods challenge may be the best bet!

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:50 pm

Fanster wrote:We're still 90 odd days away and the Welsh have turned on each other...
Don't worry I'm sure by the time the RWC starts the Welsh will be completely behind each other

Well Saint and Risca will be but what's new Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:01 pm

In all seriousness while I am confident of us beating everyone on our group I think Australia will be a tough match and that could be our banana skin if we are not focused

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:43 pm

Probably depth in our squad, its not that great.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:09 pm

Tight head prop and the lack of options if Lee and Thomas don't bode well.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm

Hmmm, somebody claiming to be Welsh and posting ill-informed comments in an attempt to get other nationalities to start bickering with them and each other.... Pretty sure we've seen that before.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:16 pm

I worry that we (Scotland) aren't very good at winning games of rugby....

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:21 pm

Right, I'm tired of reading reports from bickering rugby fans. As the mods in this section are busy for the time being im just going to lock the threads that the certain posters are being annoying on. I'll leave a note for the rugger mods and they can unlock them when they're ready. This is your basic case of a few ruining things for the many rational adults who do post, and I'm sorry to them for doing this

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down