The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle United News Thread!

+50
hampo17
NickisBHAFC
TopoftheChops
TRUSSMAN66
The genius of PBF
Good Golly I'm Olly
Hero
westisbest
Driver
Teej
Liam
GSC
azania
dyrewolfe
d260005p
lorus59
newballs
Don Caboose
johnson2
Clunge4life
wwinterj
ian_jamsie
The Special Juan
Josiah Maiestas
Celtic Warrior
Thomond
Corporalhumblebucket
Mat
Mr H
Small Time
liverbnz
Lumbering_Jack
Beer
ncfc_Tooze
davidl1061
sodhat
AberdeenSteve
monty junior
JDandfries
packofwolves
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Crimey
Kay Fabe
fantantonio
Liam_Main
Gregers
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Geordie
Fernando
Young_Towzer
54 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Newcastle United News Thread! - Page 4 Empty Newcastle United News Thread!

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 9:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Toon fan in peace here, who would the fans like to see us buy and who are realistic targets for us?, i've made a few suggestions, opinions?.

Lewis McGugan - N.Forest
Shane Long - Reading
Daniel Sturridge - Chelsea - (Loan)
Jason Puncheon - Southampton
Kevin Doyle - Wolves
Demba Ba - West Ham
Mark Noble - West Ham
Nicky Maynard - Bristol City
Grant Holt - Norwich City
Roger Johnson - Birmingham City
Oba Martins - Whoever he's at !
Charles Nzogbia - Wigan
Hugo Rodallega - Wigan
Niko Kranjcar - Spurs
Giovanni - Spurs
Matthew Upson - West Ham
Taiwo - Marseille

Cheers
Steven.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United News Thread! - Page 4 Empty Re: Newcastle United News Thread!

Post by davidl1061 Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

Before signing Ba you would want him to go through an extensive medical on his knee to see if it will still be an issue for him

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:36 pm

Newcastle United have confirmed the signing of striker Demba Ba on a three-year contract from West Ham United.

leon best put up for sale with a price of 4m and millwall interested in signing nile ranger but not for 1m

Last edited by fernando on Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:36 pm

You guys have just signed ba on a 3 year deal thumbsup
good signing for you.
As for holt why would he leave here he is captain of the club,just been promoted,not going to be bench warming,says will end career here or carlisle,signed a 3 year extension. just some things to rule him out for you

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

Haven't heard anything about Grant Holt and wouldn't take him anyway. Too old and unproven at a high level.

Nice to get Ba signed on paper, apparently has said he believes he's signed for one of the biggest clubs in England Very Happy

Hope someone takes Best off us for anything above £3m and Ranger for anything around £1m. Best is average but never looked like a good Premier League striker and Ranger is a Poopie finisher and it's obvious his physical advantage helped him when he was younger.

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:53 pm

im just going from Young_Towzer's list from the first post.
Ba will be a good player for you

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:56 pm

Hope someone takes Best off us for anything above £3m and Ranger for anything around £1m. Best is average but never looked like a good Premier League striker and Ranger is a Poopie finisher and it's obvious his physical advantage helped him when he was younger.
I wouldn't of sold Best, he scored 8 goals last season, that's not bad, he never started many games either.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

6 goals actually. Three coming against an awful West Ham defence. I live near Coventry and every one of my CCFC friends was glad to lose him, doesn't put a lot of effort in and they got a good fee for him. But he scored a bit in the Championship.

Getting rid of Best, Ranger and (hopefully) Xisco leaves us with Ba, Ameobi, Lovenkrands and then Pardew can add his other two strikers he's looking at. Lovenkrands contract expires next summer as well IIRC.

Ba's contract supposed to be very incentive based.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 17 Jun 2011, 7:29 pm

I would rather keep Best than Ameobi.....

But hopefully we can get rid of them both and Ranger and bring in more quality.

And lets see if Aeiry gets a few mins this season....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 8:59 am

Sylvain Marveaux turned down Liverpool and joins us on a bosman. Very Happy

Slightly worried about signing Ba and Marveaux due to their history with injuries, but if Marveaux's deal is like Ba's and mainly incentive based, then it's a good piece of business. Looks like we have a French Revolution on our hands! So many new players for next season Ben Arfa, Gosling, Cabaye, Ba and now Marveaux; it's expected Neil Taylor will join as well. That'll be 6 new faces in the squad to add some depth. Journal still seems confident about signing Mevlut Erdinc before the end of the month as well. A dream scenario for outgoings would be selling Smith, Xisco, Best and Ranger and signing Jose to a new deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 10:47 am

krul

simpson coloccini s taylor enrique

barton tiote cabaye marveaux

ben arfa

ba

im impressed with this if we keep them fit. i would love craig gardener in the middle just add some quality english along barton would be nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:02 am

Only thing I'm worried about Marveaux playing on the left is the break up of the Jose/Jonas partnership. But then again I don't think Enrique will stay with us.

Spent so far (Since January):
Ben Arfa (£5.75m), Cabaye (£4.3m), Ba (Free), Marveaux (Free)
TOTAL - £10m

Received so far (Since January):
Carroll (£35m), Nolan (£3m)
TOTAL - £38m

With the club hopefully signing Neil Taylor (£1m) and Erdinc (£7m - estimate) that means we still would have only spent half of what we've received from transfers. Add to that the money we may receive from departures of the likes of Smith, LuaLua, Barton, Enrique and Ranger. In an ideal world we'd lose Lovenkrands, Ranger and Xisco upfront and then be left with Ba, Erdinc, Best and Ameobi- one more addition here would be nice. Midfield looks as if it's sorted, including the wings. Defence all depends on Jose staying, if he does then I think the priority should be to look at another RB possibly, but I can't think of any names.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:34 pm

Only thing I'm worried about Marveaux playing on the left is the break up of the Jose/Jonas partnership. But then again I don't think Enrique will stay with us.

Spent so far (Since January):
Ben Arfa (£5.75m), Cabaye (£4.3m), Ba (Free), Marveaux (Free)
TOTAL - £10m

Received so far (Since January):
Carroll (£35m), Nolan (£3m)
TOTAL - £38m

With the club hopefully signing Neil Taylor (£1m) and Erdinc (£7m - estimate) that means we still would have only spent half of what we've received from transfers. Add to that the money we may receive from departures of the likes of Smith, LuaLua, Barton, Enrique and Ranger. In an ideal world we'd lose Lovenkrands, Ranger and Xisco upfront and then be left with Ba, Erdinc, Best and Ameobi- one more addition here would be nice. Midfield looks as if it's sorted, including the wings. Defence all depends on Jose staying, if he does then I think the priority should be to look at another RB possibly, but I can't think of any names.
Erdinc would be quality, i've seen plenty of him. However, Jonas and Jose won't be here anyway unfortunately Ashley wants rid of anything that was bought by KK or CH, Gutierrez is quality, i'd want at least £10 million for him, if Downing's going for £20 million, Jonas must be worth £40 million, but i'd take £10 million, i wouldn't sell him, but if we do. Wouldn't pay £6 million for Brown from Celtic, Guthrie is miles better, the writing's on the wall for Jose, Jonas and Cheick in January imo. Jonas and Jose now, Spurs seem keen, if Spurs want Enrique and Jonas i'd say £8 million and Kranjcar/Pavlyuchenko, Liverpool do seem the keenest though and they don't have anyone i'd have. Redknapp is interested in Cheick as well, especially now Real want at least £20 million for Diarra, i think Tiote is the more complete player and he'd probably go for £15 million.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

I haven't recently read anything talking about Tiote and Jonas leaving, apart from Barton on Twitter. Downing's price will be inflated because he's English, and I think a fair price for Jonas would be £8m, considering his crossing at times. Tiote just signed a bumper improved contract and won't be sold unless it's a bid in the same type of range of Carroll imo, closer to £30m than £20m.

And Ashley doesn't want rid of players bought by Keegan or Hughton, he wants rid of the older players, players on big wages or players that can be replaced cheaper or improvements.

Currently in the middle of midfield we have: Cabaye, Tiote, Guthrie, Smith and Gosling. In the wings we have: Ben Arfa, Jonas, Marveaux, Barton, LuaLua and Routledge. I know it's likely we'll lose Barton and LuaLua and hopefully Smith, so we really need to look for a player capable of playing in the middle but can adapt to the wing- like Barton.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Churchill wrote:Sylvain Marveaux turned down Liverpool and joins us on a bosman. Very Happy

according to sources at Liverpool he failed a medical due to a groin injury apparently anyway probs just liverpool just hiding behind a excuse knowing them , he'd been out since November so could be true

also go for someone else other the erdinc he needs 5 chances to score 1 on a good day ( i watch alot of french footie)

there's plenty of good forwards around they reckon diego milito is availible for 5m ( ridiculous price for a quality finisher)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

also go for someone else other the erdinc he needs 5 chances to score 1 on a good day ( i watch alot of french footie)
i rate him, i would buy Shane Long or Nicky Maynard though, even as squad players, would both score at prem level imo, especially Long, very intelligent player.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 3:05 pm

He's had two 6month plus injuries in the past two seasons, so wouldn't surprise me if he failed their medical. But I like to think of it as him choosing us Very Happy

Diego Milito is 30+ I think, on huge wages and doubt he'd come to us. Erdinc is still quite young and could prove himself in the Premier League, I'd rather pay an extra couple of million for a player who could stay and play for another 6 years than £5m for one or two seasons. Don't get me wrong, Milito is quality but I think we're past signing players on huge wages at the end of their career.

Long and Maynard are still in their mid twenties, and IIRC have one year left on their contract. Neither have played in the Premier League but as long we didn't pay more than £4m for them I think they'd maybe be good signings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 18 Jun 2011, 3:46 pm

The fact that Newcastle seem to think Leon Best can fetch £4m is further proof that the Premiership is mental

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:02 pm

charles n'zogbia or insomnia is on his way home! 10m accepted, the french revolution continues. sensational, creative midfield pardew has created.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:04 pm

Is that confirmed John?
Strange they accepted £10m when toon had a bid for £12m rejected in January. (Although that was the 11th hour on deadline day)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

KRUL

SIMPSON
ENRIQUE
S TAYLOR
COLOCCINI

BARTON
N'ZOGBIA
TIOTE
CABAYE
BEN ARFA

BA

BENCH
HARPER
MARVEAUX
WILLIAMSON
AMEOBI
GUTHRIE
N TAYLOR
R TAYLOR

what's everyones thoughts on todays development? I think we look very short at the back still and apart from Ba we have nothing up front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm

As much as new signings are important, one of the main tasks for Newcastle is to keep hold of Enrique. That would be on par with a new signing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:11 pm

Looking like a very strong midfield there. With backup like Guthrie, Gosling and Routledge/LuaLua- already thinking that Barton must be going then. So we made a £6m profit on what we paid for N'Zogbia on his move to Wigan and they've made a further £4m profit from what they paid. £10m is quite a bit for a player who's got 1 or maybe 2 years left on his contract.

Looking at the squad as it is right now, the only other place we need to improve on immediately is upfront. Then if we lose players we need to make sure we replace them. if we manage all this and have some cash left over, possibly start enquiring about other RBs.

I agree with Y I Man, if Enrique stayed it'd be the best signing we make this summer. Would send a strong message as well that the club intends to go places.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

thing is enrique is holding out for liverpool but there going for charlie adam next so good news. barcelona need a replacement for abidal long term but there going for cesc so hopefull they by pass jose. finally arsenal could come in late as they are sitting and waiting patiently. if they lose clichy then i fully expect mr wenger to come calling. i hate ashley n pardew, its clear hatem ban arfa has been phoning all his mates n join him tht is evident. apparently its 10m for n'zogbia with future add ons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

Looking like a very strong midfield there. With backup like Guthrie, Gosling and Routledge/LuaLua- already thinking that Barton must be going then. So we made a £6m profit on what we paid for N'Zogbia on his move to Wigan and they've made a further £4m profit from what they paid. £10m is quite a bit for a player who's got 1 or maybe 2 years left on his contract.
///////////////////////
Routledge will be off to QPR i'd think, i wouldn't sell him though, he's a good impact player, N'Zogbia would be a coup imo, quality player, twice what he was when we sold him.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:17 pm

I would have thought if he was off to QPR they would have came after him earlier. Although I swear it was reported a month ago they had already made enquiries.

John, are you seriously thinking that it's all because of Ben Arfa phoning people that they want to come? Even if you don't like Ashley and co you have to admit that he's giving Pardew the cash to improve the team. Ben Arfa has helped the situation with French players, not because he has phoned them up, but because of the way the club has treated him since his injury. Carr seems to have been busy this year with his team and looks like he's worked alongside the manager and chairman in drawing up a list of targets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

Ba is a top signing but Newcastle definitely need more fire power

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:38 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Ba is a top signing but Newcastle definitely need more fire power

If he stays fit for the season it could be a bargain, but if he's out injured we're left to rely on the likes of Ameobi and Lovenkrands. Probably want at least one more established striker to join the ranks this summer unless Pardew is going to play 2 upfront, but by the amount of midfielders we seem to be signing I think it'll be 5 in the middle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 6:52 pm

completely forgot about mehdi abeid aswell the other french player we bought in. seriously need a striker cos ameobi n lovenkrands are a joke strikeforce, we only survived cos of carroll's goals pre january. abeid, ben arfa, n'zogbia, marveaux, barton, tiote, cabaye and gosling is extremely creative n strong midfield - a incoming striker would thrive on the service they could produce so i would expect a quality striker to come thru the doors not that impressed with this erdinc to be honest. Must admit losing enrique would put all this good work to pieces as the defence in my opinion is shockin' still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 7:03 pm

John wrote:charles n'zogbia or insomnia is on his way home! 10m accepted, the french revolution continues. sensational, creative midfield pardew has created.
Have you got a link John, cos I cant find it confirmed anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 18 Jun 2011, 7:26 pm

Yeah the key definitely will be keeping Ba fit, he held up alright at West Ham but without sufficent help up top next season it could put to much strain on him, his goals to game ratio is very good

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 8:06 pm

I don't expect Abeid to feature much next season, he was only brought in to develop in the reserves/U18s for this season at least.

Bettin suspended for N'Zogbia to NUFC because of lots of people putting money on it as the price decreased throughout the day. Mark Douglas, Sun journalist, says he's spoke to people at the club and that the rumours of Erdinc and N'Zogbia in talks today are 'pure fantasy'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm

Its all gone quiet....any more stories coming out?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:27 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Liverpool had met with Marveuax and his representitives, brought him to the ground for a game etc..Doesnt mean we are signing him thou.

Loic Remy was at Stokes training ground last year for a walk around. He didnt sign for Stoke.

Nothing is stopping you from bidding for him. Am not saying you dont have the money.

But for reasons stated above.....not a chance.

Churchill wrote:Sylvain Marveaux turned down Liverpool and joins us on a bosman. Very Happy

Slightly worried about signing Ba and Marveaux due to their history with injuries, but if Marveaux's deal is like Ba's and mainly incentive based, then it's a good piece of business. Looks like we have a French Revolution on our hands! So many new players for next season Ben Arfa, Gosling, Cabaye, Ba and now Marveaux; it's expected Neil Taylor will join as well. That'll be 6 new faces in the squad to add some depth. Journal still seems confident about signing Mevlut Erdinc before the end of the month as well. A dream scenario for outgoings would be selling Smith, Xisco, Best and Ranger and signing Jose to a new deal.

Do you see what I mean now haha?

Liverpool wernt prepared to pay him £60,000 a week, due to our history of buying injury prone players on high wage who seem to...well get injured.

He does look like a quality player when on song thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

I'm hoping we'll be able to keep him fit throughout most of the season- a lot of money is being spent this summer on facilities.

As for future transfers, Swansea say Neil Taylor has a clause that if £1m bid is made then he can 'talk' to other clubs, which he has, but they don't necessarily have to accept the bid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:29 pm

Who is this Velez Sarsfield Striker we're supposed to be looking at...the little donkey?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:31 am

Apparently fee has been agreed for Mevlut Erdinc. I'm hoping his arrival signals the departure of Ranger and/or Xisco. Ideally we need another winger and fullback through the door, possibly another addition if we lose some players.

Pre season not going too well, but the matches are just to gain us some money and get back to playing 90 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:33 am

Galatassary and Lille are now believed to have bids accepted.

PSG have cut out his agent and are dealing direct with clubs. Should still get him as terms were agreed a while back.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:37 am

Can clubs cut out agents just like that? Mark Douglas reckons he agreed terms last month so the move should go quite smoothly from now on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:44 am

Yeah, if the agent is causing problems.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:15 pm

Why don't more clubs just do away with agents altogether then? I'm pretty sure it would save clubs money in the long term.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

It's more for the players. Some agents just go to far.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:30 pm

Apparently our front two were appalling v Orlando.....Best & Lovenkrands.

No movement, no creativity, no nothing.

We need to ship out those two, Ameobi, Ranger and Xisco...and bring in some new strikers.

A couple of big money ones are imperative...and yes it looks like Erdinc will the be the first in.

But id also be happy with a couple of young lads who work their backsides off, have some pace, power and movement....who we can develop.

NB the reserves did well against Utrecht Reserves...and noteably Mr Barton was fanstastic by all accounts. Think a few of that team might be pushing this season

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

I think by September 1st our strikers will be Ameobi, Best, Lovenkrands, Erdinc and Ba. I can't see Pardew getting rid of Bes, and Lovenkrands won't leave this summer- he'll go when his contract expires next summer. Perhaps we might see a bit more of the likes of Sammy Ameobi, Donaldson and Airey. But they could turn out to be as much use as Ranger has been!

I'm not expecting much more activity unless someone leaves us before the window shuts. I'd like to think we could pick up a bargain, or a cheap unknown, but I'd be happy to get through the rest of the window without losing Enrique.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:05 am

Jose decided to shout his mouth off about the clubs transfer policy on Twitter. A bit hypocritical really given that he want's to leave. The club apparently aren't happy but aren't surprised either.

Conflicting reports coming out about squad morale, with Mark Douglas stating the camp is split and Lee Ryder stating nobody really cares and that the youngsters are loving it.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:33 am

If he wants to leave I really wish he'd just hand in his transfer request. But then I suppose it would mean the club wouldn't get as big an offer, and clubs wouldn't offer Jose as much.

Up until today's press I had completely forgot about Alan Smith. Looks like after Erdinc we won't need another striker- Smudge to get at least 10 goals this season! Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:35 am

Smith has been linked with Orlando City this morning.

I'm liking the fact that Vuckic is getting game time. Think it could be a big season for the the lad.

Ben Arfa out for 6 weeks though. Doh

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:42 am

No chance of that happening. Orlando pull in less than 6k every week in a 70k stadium, not even in the top division and his wage demands would equal their entre squad probably.

I hope he lives up to the hype, he's been highly rated ever since his arrival but when he's had small chances in the 1st team as a subsitute he's yet to impress me.

Paul Dummett, young left back, has been called up from the reserves to play the last game in the USA. Is Pardew going to drop Enrique for the last game for the youngster?

Hoping Ben Arfa is back by the QPR game then, gutted we won't have him for Sunderland or Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:46 am

That 6 weeks came from L'Equipe, nothing confirmed by the club, but at least we know what we are looking at worst case.

Hopefully if Ranger goes to Brum then Vuckic will get his chance. Should allow Airey a chance in the Reserves.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:48 am

I'd be happy to have senior strikers as Erdinc, Ba, Ameobi and Best- and if we get some injuries, give the bench spots to the likes of Vuckic and Airey. I can see us loaning out Ranger and Xisco, but having to keep Lovenkrands for the whole season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:51 am

I think Xisco will get paid to leave.

I like Mr Lovelypants. He always gives his all, he's just not getting enough games. I can see a loan Striker as well. Maybe Sturridge depending on Chelsea or perhaps someone like Vela or Diouf from Utd.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next