The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs LEICESTERSHIRE FOXES ROYAL LONDON CUP

5 posters

Go down

SURREY vs LEICESTERSHIRE FOXES ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty SURREY vs LEICESTERSHIRE FOXES ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 25 Jul 2015, 3:51 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THEIR OPENING ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP GAME AGAINST THE LEICESTERSHIRE FOXES AT GRACE ROAD ON SUNDAY.
The Surrey Squad to play the Leicestershire Foxes in the Royal London One Day Cup at Grace Road on Sunday 26th July :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Ben Foakes
Aneesh Kapil
Tim Linley
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
the viscount and burke to miss out for me
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs LEICESTERSHIRE FOXES ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY vs LEICESTERSHIRE FOXES ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Jul 2015, 4:10 pm

Thanks for the thread as always jimbob.

I'd agree on Viscount and Burke to miss out. Given his century in the last second XI game and 5 bowlers already in the side I expect we will want the extra batting from Kapil.

1.Le Roi king
2.Interesting
3.Sanga
4.Third Degree
5.Ansari
6.That's All (wk)
7.Kapil
8.Curran minutelysnr.
9.Norah (c)
10.Kid Curran
11.Dernbach

Also for all the talk of Burger Van needing a chance in first XI at some point, I wonder if Chris Green the Australian off spinning alrounder on our books could get a look in?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs LEICESTERSHIRE FOXES ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY vs LEICESTERSHIRE FOXES ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 26 Jul 2015, 9:28 am

Viscount and Kapil to miss out IMO
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 26 Jul 2015, 10:02 am

Olly wrote:Viscount and Kapil to miss out IMO

Thanks for the thread, JimBob.

Are we going to get some play? The Corporal is the weather expert.

Inclined to agree with Olly on the team selection although not an easy call. As well as Viscount and Kapil, Burkey and Kid Curran will be sweating on their places.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 26 Jul 2015, 10:07 am

Church tweeting that the covers are on as there is drizzle in the air - toss delayed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 26 Jul 2015, 11:00 am

guildfordbat wrote:

Are we going to get some play? The Corporal is the weather expert.

In a word "No" Sad Looks like it will rain pretty much all day.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 26 Jul 2015, 11:03 am

king_carlos wrote:..... Also for all the talk of Burger Van needing a chance in first XI at some point, I wonder if Chris Green the Australian off spinning alrounder on our books could get a look in?

I'd also been wondering about possibility of Green playing at some point. Judging by his strike rate he seems an aggressive batsman. Kapil has been scoring fairly well for the 2nd XI and so probably remains ahead in the queue.  I'm not sure that the bowling of either player is all that impressive at the moment.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 26 Jul 2015, 1:09 pm

king_carlos wrote:Thanks for the thread as always jimbob.
Also for all the talk of Burger Van needing a chance in first XI at some point, I wonder if Chris Green the Australian off spinning alrounder on our books could get a look in?
is it a case of green onions for freddie Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 26 Jul 2015, 2:49 pm

Officially abandoned.

The Leics website states that Michael Burgess was in their 12 man squad, having just signed a summer contract. He's played a few times for Surrey seconds and also been a regular for Ryman Surrey Championship winners Reigate Priory.

I saw him dismissed for a duck at the Guildford ground a couple of years ago against iirc Middlesex seconds as we fell just short. I was near the pavilion at the time and what followed was just like from a corny script. The door slammed shut behind him and then all you could hear for a minute or so was things being chucked around the changing room and almost every swear word under the sun! Obviously someone who cares about his game. Smile

Ah well, that's me done for a bit as I'm now away on holiday. Back in two weeks, hopefully we'll be winning the Championship match away to Essex then. Don't let Chichester jinx that! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 26 Jul 2015, 8:08 pm

have a good one guildford thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down