The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup 2018 Qualifying

+3
Lowlandbrit
Steffan
Dolphin Ziggler
7 posters

Go down

World Cup 2018 Qualifying Empty World Cup 2018 Qualifying

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 25 Jul 2015, 6:02 pm

Group A: Netherlands,   France, Sweden,   Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg
Group B: Portugal, Switzerland,   Hungary, Faroe Islands, Latvia, Andorra
Group C: Germany, Czech Republic, NORTHERN IRELAND,  Norway, Azerbaijan, San Marino
Group D: WALES,  Austria,   Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Moldova, Georgia, 
Group E: Romania,   Denmark, Poland,   Montenegro, Armenia, Kazakhstan
Group F: ENGLAND,  Slovakia,  SCOTLAND,  Malta, Lithuania, Slovenia
Group G: Spain, Italy,   Albania, Israel, Macedonia, Liechtenstein
Group H: Belgium,   Bosnia-Hercegovina, Greece, Estonia, Cyprus
Group I : Croatia, Iceland, Ukraine, Turkey, Finland

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2018 Qualifying Empty Re: World Cup 2018 Qualifying

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 25 Jul 2015, 6:03 pm

I think Wales, Ireland, Scotland and England all have a chance of qualifying either automatic or playoffs.

Group I will be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 25 Jul 2015, 6:04 pm

Was just gonna post this myself so thanks for beating me to it Smile

I'll take our group. Could have been better could have been worse

Come on Wales Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 25 Jul 2015, 6:14 pm

Steffan wrote:I'll take our group. Could have been better
Not by much.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 25 Jul 2015, 6:16 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:
Steffan wrote:I'll take our group. Could have been better
Not by much.
True. I would have preferred Group F though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 25 Jul 2015, 6:18 pm

I'd say Wales should top that group, which would be great. Actually think Ireland will be their hardest game and that shows how well the draw has gone. Which means it's gone well for Ireland too. 

Italy should stomp to best second placed team, and most of the likely second places should hope they or France do so they're out of the way of the playoffs.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Jul 2015, 6:43 pm

Absolute disgrace that this tournament is being held in a country with such a homophobic, racist, backward outlook; absolutely shameful that UEFA, or any individual nation, are not pulling out.

Why would any right-minded individual give a toss about this World Cup, when the whole event will be a massive PR victory for Putin?

And, given the disgusting nature of what happened to Frimpong recently, as well as other incidents, is it reasonable to expect players with a dark skin colour to actually play in this World Cup?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 25 Jul 2015, 6:54 pm

I'm interested because it's football. And I'm also genuinely intrigued to see whether there are any political differences made.

However, can we keep this about the football and not the rest?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Jul 2015, 7:05 pm

Keep this about football, the secondary objective of this World Cup?

Course we can. Forgive my intrusion.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jul 2015, 7:26 pm

What a dire group, why do we keep drawing the same old teams. Another mind numbingly boring qualifying campaign to look forward too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 25 Jul 2015, 7:55 pm

Duty281 wrote:Absolute disgrace that this tournament is being held in a country with such a homophobic, racist, backward outlook; absolutely shameful that UEFA, or any individual nation, are not pulling out.

Why would any right-minded individual give a toss about this World Cup, when the whole event will be a massive PR victory for Putin?

And, given the disgusting nature of what happened to Frimpong recently, as well as other incidents, is it reasonable to expect players with a dark skin colour to actually play in this World Cup?
So if England were to win it then you wouldn't celebrate the victory or watch any matches I take it laughing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Jul 2015, 8:04 pm

Steffan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Absolute disgrace that this tournament is being held in a country with such a homophobic, racist, backward outlook; absolutely shameful that UEFA, or any individual nation, are not pulling out.

So if England were to win it then you wouldn't celebrate the victory or watch any matches I take it laughing

Quite correct. It is morally repugnant that the FA are, currently, being complicit.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 25 Jul 2015, 8:11 pm

Duty281 wrote:Quite correct. It is morally repugnant that the FA are, currently, being complicit.
Come on man get a grip. No country is perfect and many have governments that other parts of the world don't agree with. No one here or the majority of people on your FA condone racist, sexist or homophobic behaviour either

If we were to judge world cups on 'how good people you have been over the years' then surely only about 5 major nations would ever be eligible. Look at South Africa and all the trouble over there for the last century. Yet they held a great world cup IMO

Every nation has idiots especially when it comes to football fans. Just some have more than others. Letting politics spoil sport is not good

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Jul 2015, 8:32 pm

Steffan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Quite correct. It is morally repugnant that the FA are, currently, being complicit.
Come on man get a grip. No country is perfect and many have governments that other parts of the world don't agree with. No one here or the majority of people on your FA condone racist, sexist or homophobic behaviour either

If we were to judge world cups on 'how good people you have been over the years' then surely only about 5 major nations would ever be eligible. Look at South Africa and all the trouble over there for the last century. Yet they held a great world cup IMO

Every nation has idiots especially when it comes to football fans. Just some have more than others. Letting politics spoil sport is not good

Yes, but by allowing Russia to host the World Cup, they are condoning the behaviour of the Russian government. They're saying: "Yes, Mr. Putin, your government has an appalling human rights record, but we'll let you host the most prestigious sporting event in the world, and you can freely boast about how great you perceive your nation to be on the greatest propaganda platform of them all."

Similar to the World Cup held in 1934, in Italy, or the 1936 Olympics.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 25 Jul 2015, 8:59 pm

Not the worst group for ROI.

Steffan, looking forward to playing Wales again.
Also a trip to Cardiff, always have a good time there, be it football or rugby.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 25 Jul 2015, 9:13 pm

westisbest wrote:Not the worst group for ROI.

Steffan, looking forward to playing Wales again.
Also a trip to Cardiff, always have a good time there, be it football or rugby.
Yeah last time you guys were here for the football it was one of the best cracks we have had with an away team since I been watching Wales

Been to Dublin once for the rugby but hoping a football trip could be on the cards

Agree that decent enough group for both sides

Wales

Leprechaun

Steffan

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2018 Qualifying Empty Lessons learnt? No.

Post by Riggs Thu 07 Jul 2016, 12:38 pm

Considering England's lack of enthusiasm, will and determination, I wouldn't bother with them. I would encourage people to save their pennies and not spend money on England and or the WC. Don't bother wasting your time.

Years and years of guaranteed failure is not acceptable especially if they don't learn a damn thing. If history has proven anything it's that England doesn't learn the easy way and barely the hard way. It is a joke. I would rule only one person out of any blame and that would be Rashford.

So, if you think England will do well in 2018 then you might want to think again.

Riggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2016, 12:47 pm

Just the excruciatingly slow phase we now have to endure of watching England canter to an easy group win over the next 18 months. No real point discussing England now, until a week before the actual tournament, after we've come through three easy warm-up friendly games in May 2018.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 4:20 pm

James Milner retires from International football

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 06 Sep 2016, 8:29 pm

After 30 minutes or so a Ronaldo less Portugal is already losing 2-0 against Switzerland. Going to be tough for them if they rely on one hit wonder Eder to get out of a group also containing Hungary.
Gibraltar equalised against Greece is also a small upset.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2016, 8:31 pm

Benteke scored against Gibraltar after seven seconds picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down