The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Sort of Thing Makes Me Sad

+2
aja424
Mr Bounce
6 posters

Go down

This Sort of Thing Makes Me Sad Empty This Sort of Thing Makes Me Sad

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:34 pm

Took this from Fightnews.com:

On Friday last week, former WBO featherweight champion Scott Harrison was extradited to Spain, following appeal judges Lord Carloway, Lady Smith and Lady Clark upholding the decision, made by Sheriff Thomas Welsh QC earlier this year, that Mr. Harrison must return to Spain to serve a four-year prison sentence, with regard to a 2012 charge of assault against three people that was heard in his absence, however since his extradition his family have been unable to ascertain where the former champion is being imprisoned.

Today Gianluca Di Caro, Vice President of the Malta Boxing Commission, made the following statement. “It is greatly disappointing that Scott Harrison has been extradited to Spain, I find it almost impossible to comprehend how the Scottish judicial system has failed him so badly.

“Scott has my, and the Malta Boxing Commission’s full support and we are currently in the process of trying to arrange local legal representation for him in Spain, however as neither his family or his Scottish legal team have any idea where he is being held at this time, it is proving to be a rather fruitless process. Earlier today, I spoke with Scott’s father Peter and his fiancée Stacey, neither of whom have heard from Scott since the extradition last Friday, worse still is the fact that Peter has informed me that the British Consulate are refusing to provide him the location of Scott’s incarceration.

“As such we are calling on both the Spanish and British authorities to provide Scott’s location so that we can arrange for a local lawyer to meet with him, in order to ascertain whether we can find a solution that will enable Scott to be reunited with his family as soon as possible.”

After a seven-year absence, Harrison returned to the ring with two wins in 2012 and a loss in 2013.

Harrison was a half decent featherweight and basically drowned his talent in numerous pubs. A sad waste.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

This Sort of Thing Makes Me Sad Empty Re: This Sort of Thing Makes Me Sad

Post by aja424 Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Nobody to blame but himself. Life goes on.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:03 pm

I'm friends with Gianluca on Facebook, he's just posted that Scotts partner has now spoken to him and that he's being held in Madrid. While he only has himself to blame for being in this position, at least that gives the family some piece of mind that he's ok.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:14 am

Good little fighter was Harrison lots of character too would have been good for Brit/Scot boxing.

Hope he wins his biggest fight tho

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:46 pm

Sad? I couldn't give a f*ck.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:55 am

To get 4 years for assault, he hasn't just give 3 people a clip has he, reading about Scott Harrison over the years sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder, always in bother, most people go to Spain to enjoy themselves not to fight.

Canny boxer but if you do the crime then you do the time.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:11 pm

Do think some of you are missing the point of what Gianluca is saying, to not tell the family where he is and whether or not he is ok is unfair and puts his family through more distress. Yes he only has himself to blame for his current situation however for his family to not be told where he is, or even if he is in a healthy condition is unfair.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:23 pm

Still don't care. There's a thousand other thuggish parasites like him in similar situations I'm sure. Just because he was reasonably talented and on the tv a bit, but threw it all the way, doesn't make him a special case for sympathy.

I feel sorry for the folk he battered and their families. That's where my sympathy lies.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:46 pm

That was my point of the post Toppy. It is sad for the victims, sad for his family and sad for the utter waste of a career.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:47 pm

That was my point of the post Toppy. It is sad for the victims, sad for his family and sad for the utter waste of a career.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down