The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crolla Gets A Rematch

+4
Dipper Brown
milkyboy
Derbymanc
hampo17
8 posters

Go down

Crolla Gets A Rematch Empty Crolla Gets A Rematch

Post by hampo17 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:36 am

Anthony Crolla has been granted a rematch with Darleys Perez for the WBA World Lightweight champion following their controversial fight in Manchester on July 18.
Crolla produced a superb performance with the Colombian at the Manchester Arena and looked to have landed the belt after Perez had two points deducted for low blows in the latter rounds, only for the fight to be ruled a majority draw much to the dismay of the Manchester man and the packed home crowd.
‘Million Dollar’ now gets an immediate chance to land the crown and both Crolla and his promoter Eddie Hearn expressed their delight at the decision.
“When I heard the news I was honestly close to tears,” said Crolla. “Not getting that decision was hard to take but I was so grateful to even be part of such a great night and no one can ever take those memories away from me. Now I get another chance and I'm more determined than ever. The people of Manchester and the UK have been incredible and I can't wait to get back in there and face Perez again.”
“I cannot tell you how happy I am with this news,” said Hearn. “Anthony Crolla should be World champion. He hasn’t moaned, he hasn’t sulked and now he has his chance all over again. I would like to thank the WBA for making the right decision and the public for all their support of Anthony. I hope Manchester is ready for something special.
“We are already in negotiations with Perez’s team and we expect to announce the date of the rematch very soon.”

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Crolla Gets A Rematch Empty Re: Crolla Gets A Rematch

Post by Derbymanc Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:49 am

Brilliant news for him. Nice to see him get a fair crack of the whip and hope he can pull it out of the bag again.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:27 am

great news for crolla and I'm happy for him... seems a genuine nice guy... but are the WBA going to order rematches for every close decision... or just the ones that go the wrong way for the team with the money.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 30 Jul 2015, 12:05 pm

I think you already know the answer to that one Milky.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 12:14 pm

I still haven't seen the first fight, but best of luck to him, nice to see him getting the deserved second chance

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 4:55 pm

Can't help but think it was the perfect storm for Crolla and he will lose the rematch.

Him winning the first fight (which I think he did) would have been a fairytale after what happened etc. Just get the feeling the moment has passed. Hope not.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:03 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:I think you already know the answer to that one Milky.

Good to see a schoolteacher knows a rhetorical question when he sees one, dipper.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:06 pm

Whooaaa anthony crolla. Whooaaa anthony crolla.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:12 pm

milkyboy wrote:great news for crolla and I'm happy for him... seems a genuine nice guy... but are the WBA going to order rematches for every close decision... or just the ones that go the wrong way for the team with the money.

Bingo. Winner was supposed to face Derry Mathews. Guess he'll have to wait a bit longer.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:25 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Dipper Brown wrote:I think you already know the answer to that one Milky.

Good to see a schoolteacher knows a rhetorical question when he sees one, dipper.

Off duty Cool

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down