The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Tyson had stayed out of prison - The lost years !!

+6
Duty281
TopHat24/7
Coxy001
wheelchair1991
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If Tyson had stayed out of prison - The lost years !! - Page 2 Empty If Tyson had stayed out of prison - The lost years !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Aug 2015, 11:09 am

First topic message reminder :

This is my opinion on the heavy years between 91 and 94 ......If Tyson hadn't gone to jail...

Crystal ball mode.........

Holyfield v Tyson Nov 1991.......
--------------------------------------

A still light and Heavy-green Holy struggles to keep off an in shape Tyson looking to get his titles back and succumbs in the 7th round.

Tyson v Mercer Mar 1992........
--------------------------------------

Mercer pulls out of his Holmes fight when offered a big payday against the new champion. Mercer attempts to push the Champion back and has some success but eventually gets overwhelmed by Tyson's faster hands. Tyson ko5....

Tyson v Foreman July 1992......
------------------------------------

The long awaited legend showdown ends quite early with Foreman refusing to go down and under fierce pressure. The old champion just can't get off with his punches and the fight is a rerun of Berbick v Tyson.......Tyson ko 3..........

Holy v Morrison July 1992....
----------------------------------

Holy beats Morrison in a final eliminator on the Tyson - Foreman undercard............Morrison after a good start wilts later on and loses a fairly close decision..

Tyson v Holy 2 Nov 1992.....

Tyson struggles to beat the former champ in a rematch whether through lack of respect or allnight partying and scrapes a split decision...

Tyson v Bowe April 1993.....

An in shape Bowe upsets the champion and stops him in the 11th round........A la Tokyo 1990. The champion is his heaviest weight yet and after a fast start fades against his 230 pound foe..

Bowe v Tyson Oct 1993.......

A more one sided version of the first fight but much rougher. A frustrated Tyson loses two points on his way to a one sided beatdown and Bowe takes a lopsided decision although he wilts late this time..

Moorer v Holy Oct 1993......
--------------------------------

Moorer shocks a shopworn Holy by decision on the undercard...

Bowe v Moorer Feb 1994....
--------------------------------

Bowe stops Moorer easily in 5.....................

That's my take...................boo boom..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

If Tyson had stayed out of prison - The lost years !! - Page 2 Empty Re: If Tyson had stayed out of prison - The lost years !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 3:36 pm

milkyboy wrote:nope, I'm saying holy was a good match up stylistically for tyson at anytime... he handled a younger but heavier tyson in sparring pretty well according to accounts, (including his own!) as amateurs when tyson was stiffing everyone else. Sparring is sparring, I'm not saying holy as a cruiser derails tyson of the late 80's, but by the early 90's, his was the star in the ascendancy and tyson was post """""prime""""" or whatever we want to call it. Tough fight to call.

Carl Williams used to school Tyson....according to gossip..

We've heard all sorts of stories about Groves - Froch and their sparring.....I agree Holy was a puzzle for Tyson but not quite ready in my opinion in 1991......Pre-shake he couldn't deck Thomas, Holmes, Tillis, Holmes, Foreman or Cooper....

The power came later on...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2