The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September

+27
dangerous_mouse
Nico the gman
trottb
B.A. BARACUS
Hammersmith harrier
Rodney
rob-glos
Hands Of Stone
shenglong2015
Duty281
KO-KING
Steffan
superflyweight
milkyboy
Rowley
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
Coxy001
Dipper Brown
AdamT
ShahenshahG
kingraf
aja424
mobilemaster8
Mayweathers cellmate
RanjitPatel
catchweight
31 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September - Page 5 Empty Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September

Post by catchweight Tue 04 Aug 2015, 10:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looks like a done deal now. 12 Septemeber, MGM Las Vegas, Showtime PPV.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September - Page 5 Empty Re: Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:22 pm

GGG says he wants to fight someone decent.... So he's a real fighter.......

However when a cocky type fights decent fighters he's a cherrypicker....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September - Page 5 Empty Re: Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September

Post by AdamT Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:23 pm

He is 1-1 with Castillo. Maidana was close, I will give that to you if you so desire.

Both close fights. Can't remember seeing Floyd schooled or out cold for 20 hours.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:28 pm

AdamT wrote:He is 1-1 with Castillo. Maidana was close, I will give that to you if you so desire.

Both close fights. Can't remember seeing Floyd schooled or out cold for 20 hours.

I'm not asking you to give me anything - merely pointing out that your views are no different to alternative views held elsewhere. Officially, Mayweather won all four fights. Officially, Pacquiao lost once to both Marquez and Bradley.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:30 pm

Fair enough, so offically Floyd is better off either way. Don't really matter.

This thread has run it's course. I will put more thought in to your new thread. To be fair it should be a good read when everyone adds to it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:36 pm

I also gave Castillo the first fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:41 pm

Really..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:59 pm

Certainly did thumbsup

I watched it not so long ago, think i've posted my card up somewhere on here.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 10 Aug 2015, 4:02 pm

It was Close but I have Castillo edging it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 5:30 pm

AdamT wrote:
Cotto was probably Floyd's best win post Castillo/Corrales.

Won't argue with that.[/quote]

I'd say Alvarez.

Even better in time....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 5:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If he beat JMM......He lost to Bradley................Or vice versa......Manny fans try to have it both ways..

Why not? You clearly do....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 8:41 pm

When I saw your name....I wondered which quote of mine you'd be using..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 10 Aug 2015, 9:03 pm

Those legendary Mexicans were not at their best weight nor were they at their bests when they fought him, Marquez an exception but he always made Pacquiao look crap and got shafted by the judges at least twice. Morales could no longer comfortably make Super Featherweight and when he could he made Pacquiao look less than stellar, only after losing to Raheem at lightweight did he get forced to cut weight he no longer could.

Mayweather should have lost the first fight with Castillo but he won the return quite comfortably something Pacquiao did not do with Marquez, the issue with 'only the record books count' is that you end up with the Bradley loss.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 10 Aug 2015, 9:24 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Those legendary Mexicans were not at their best weight nor were they at their bests when they fought him, Marquez an exception but he always made Pacquiao look crap and got shafted by the judges at least twice. Morales could no longer comfortably make Super Featherweight and when he could he made Pacquiao look less than stellar, only after losing to Raheem at lightweight did he get forced to cut weight he no longer could.

Mayweather should have lost the first fight with Castillo but he won the return quite comfortably something Pacquiao did not do with Marquez, the issue with 'only the record books count' is that you end up with the Bradley loss.

Barrera and Morales were probably at their best at super bantam; however, Barrera was on an imperious run at feather when Pacquiao deposed him. Morales was effective enough at super feather to defeat Pacquiao (what a win that was) - which is good enough for me. Should Pacquiao not have taken the rematch?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 9:32 pm

You mean he sneaked past Morales..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 10 Aug 2015, 9:33 pm

I'm not saying he shouldn't have taken the rematch but it's a bit silly to make out as if that was Morales at his best, the Pacquiao win was his last hurrah and it was a very speedy regression from then on. The losses to Pacquiao being sandwiched between shock defeats to Raheem and Diaz say it all really, being effective at the weight doesn't make you great, I certainly wouldn't have him down as a better 130lber than Corrales or Hernades.

Barrera is an odd one, his best wins all seemed to come when he was past his best, ever since the Hamed win I was waiting for him to lose but he kept on winning, even after the Pacman defeat he scraped his way to a couple of decent wins.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 9:45 pm

They were all at their best If it means scraping the barrel to rank someone above Floyd..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 11 Aug 2015, 6:29 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I'm not saying he shouldn't have taken the rematch but it's a bit silly to make out as if that was Morales at his best, the Pacquiao win was his last hurrah and it was a very speedy regression from then on. The losses to Pacquiao being sandwiched between shock defeats to Raheem and Diaz say it all really, being effective at the weight doesn't make you great, I certainly wouldn't have him down as a better 130lber than Corrales or Hernades.

Barrera is an odd one, his best wins all seemed to come when he was past his best, ever since the Hamed win I was waiting for him to lose but he kept on winning, even after the Pacman defeat he scraped his way to a couple of decent wins.

The Pacquiao win was one of his greatest performances, therefore, Pacquiao fought him on one of his best nights. Erik's swift regression came courtesy of the Pacquiao fights.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5