The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Warren Statement On Ricky Burns And Paul Smith

+7
Steffan
Scottrf
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
ShahenshahG
TopHat24/7
hampo17
11 posters

Go down

Frank Warren Statement On Ricky Burns And Paul Smith Empty Frank Warren Statement On Ricky Burns And Paul Smith

Post by hampo17 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 12:56 pm

As a consequence of a high court judgement in the Frank Warren v Ricky Burns litigation, Frank Warren's solicitors lodged a claim with Burns' Trustee in Bankruptcy in the sum of £447,000 plus interest.

Lawyers acting for the Trustee in the bankruptcy of the estate of Mr. Burns have now confirmed that they have withdrawn the appeal lodged by Mr. Burns against the Judgment and Mr Warren is now pursuing the recovery of sums due to him .

In the Judgment, the court found in Mr. Warren’s favour that he was owed management commission arising out of Mr. Burns’ contests and was criticised for the manner in which he sought to walk away from his promotional agreement with Frank Warren Promotions.

In a separate ruling, Paul Smith has today been ordered to pay 100% (£48,000) of Mr. Warren’s costs for including him as a party in a misguided court application. Smith had sought to remove the British Boxing Board Of Control's jurisdiction over a contractual dispute between himself and Mr. Warren. The dispute is now proceeding under the Board's rules and regulations.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren Statement On Ricky Burns And Paul Smith Empty Re: Frank Warren Statement On Ricky Burns And Paul Smith

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 2:03 pm

Still better than Hearn though, according to Strongy.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren Statement On Ricky Burns And Paul Smith Empty Re: Frank Warren Statement On Ricky Burns And Paul Smith

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Aug 2015, 2:30 pm

Ol Frank Warren

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 2:30 pm

He does like a lawsuit....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Aug 2015, 2:31 pm

Type fisheyes here with the space

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 2:32 pm

Not sure whether it would be you or 606v2 that got it in the ass..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 05 Aug 2015, 2:40 pm

Like most of us on here,  I am not a lawyer so am woefully unqualified to comment on the legal rights or wrongs of all this, but do find it tragic that the people who invariably seem to come out of these affairs out of pocket, be it Burns or Calzaghe, are the fighters, those with the shortest careers and who put their lives at risk for our entertainment. Shows the need for strong independent managers, managers who don’t have any affiliation with the promoters. So few fighters seem to have these.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 2:45 pm

Couldn't agree more...........

However If Burns has been ordered to pay Warren money by a court of law...

I think it's pretty fair to suggest there is lack of evidence that Warren fleeced him...

Don't have to be Perry Mason to know it's an actionable statement......Warren's name is in the thread header and I know he reads these forums as unwitting posters and forums have found to their cost !!

Don't want to see Steffy or anybody else in trouble..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 05 Aug 2015, 3:00 pm

You're absolutely right Truss. Warren has sued forum users before. If people are stupid enough to try and test him on this that is there business but if there is even a slight chance that leaves the forum or the likes of Adam and Hero in the firing line that is a risk we are not going to take.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 3:48 pm

You've cleaned it up...

Well done..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 05 Aug 2015, 3:48 pm

Why was my post deleted?!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 05 Aug 2015, 3:52 pm

Because it quoted one that potentially was actionable Scott, if we delete the original post but leave the others that quote it up it somewhat defeats the object. Either that or I clicked the wrong button.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 05 Aug 2015, 4:31 pm

So is Ricky Burns bankrupted then?

Must be annoying to have all those fights and end up skint

He might have to fight on way past his best now to try and make ends meet

Gotta feel for the guy. He seems a decent enough chap as well

While its not as bad still must be a pain for Smith to have to pay up £48,000

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 5:09 pm

Burns in bankrupt sadly, in the burns case the judge did criticize warren for a fair bit. Eddie Hearn may well not be perfect but until he does the sort of stuff Warren has done to Calzaghe and Burns, Hearn will always be higher in my estimation

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 5:11 pm

All these posters with boxnation who think Warren is scum of the earth..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Aug 2015, 5:12 pm

Everyone with Sky ...who thinks Murdoch is the scum of the earth...

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 05 Aug 2015, 5:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:All these posters with boxnation who think Warren is scum of the earth..

Personally, I've become less militant and principled as I've got older. You learn to pick your battles. I'd never buy the sun because I don't want to be told who to vote for by an elderly, Australian, piece of scum. However, I love football so I won't spite myself by cancelling sky.

28 now see, Truss. Can't play the angry young man card anymore Very Happy

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 6:13 pm

I don't think Warren is any different to any other promoter.... Just find it amusing the level of contempt people have and yet chuck money at him...

The only reason I won't subscribe is I think it hurts the future of Boxing and deprives kids of role models....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 05 Aug 2015, 6:49 pm

Wait i've had a post deleted for stating an opinion.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 05 Aug 2015, 7:32 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Wait i've had a post deleted for stating an opinion.
Shame this didn't happen more often with you...

Did it say anything that is potentially actionable in a court of law?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 06 Aug 2015, 12:11 pm

Frank Warren

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 06 Aug 2015, 12:13 pm

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 06 Aug 2015, 12:20 pm

LMAO, I did it sheng!

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down