The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all

+26
Shifty
InjuredYetAgain
rodders
RuggerRadge2611
BamBam
Blueschief
doctor_grey
stub
wayne
George Carlin
Cyril
TJ
Fanster
Notch
Rugby Fan
Cardiff Dave
Submachine
IanBru
Steffan
Pete330v2
ScarletSpiderman
Irish Londoner
GavinDragon
Chunky Norwich
Sin é
LordDowlais
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hi all - Page 2 Empty Hi all

Post by LordDowlais Thu 06 Aug 2015, 3:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

As you have noticed, I have not been on this forum as of late, I have not made a choice to not be on here, more so the choice was made for me, you see, a few weeks ago I fell ill. Don't be alarmed it is not life threatening, not anymore anyway, you see the thing is, I was walking around with a dodgy knee, I put it down to playing 5 a side and the fact that I am not getting any younger, how wrong was I, what I had was septic arthritis, for a few days it went from a gammy knee, to soaring temperatures and a knee the size of a rugby ball.

Due to my stubbornness, I would not go to the doctors to get it looked at, and as a result I had a massive infection that spread all through my body, I went from having my bloods taken, to being put on a 24hr drip all in the space of about 15mins. It was in all honestly very scary, I have had more needles in me than I would like to mention, I was on constant anti biotics for seven days via a drip, and I was having my bloods taken every day to monitor it.

My temperature was in the forties and I was under constant supervision for seven days, I was finally left out after a massive lecture from the doctor telling me how lucky I was and that if I was not as fit as I was for my age, we could be having a very different conversation. I have just finished my course of anti biotics, I was taking thirty tablets over a twelve hour period ever day. Not very pleasant. I also had to have surgery on my knee and have it re dressed and cleaned and packed every two days.

Anyway, my message is, if you find anything wrong with yourself, or find something that just should not be, do not hesitate, do not be afraid, and most of all, do not be stubborn. Go and see your GP. The quicker you get looked at, the quicker you can be cured. I would like to thank the staff at Prince Charles Hospital for everything they have done for me,and now get back to talking about rugby on here, it has been too quiet on here, it's time to start rattling cages again........

But seriously, never, ever, be too scared or stubborn to talk to your GP about anything, it could be the difference between staying alive or not. Because of my stubbornness I have been in hospital for a fortnight, and I have to go back up twice a week for the next six weeks for blood tests and check ups. That is my own fault, don't let it happen to you.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Hi all - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi all

Post by LordDowlais Mon 24 Aug 2015, 2:42 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:Of course you must realise that it was brought on by an IRFU consipiracy

I was thinking that at the time. Laugh

And I shoite you not, one of my doctors was a pretty little blond from guess where ? You got it, IRELAND. As soon as I heard her accent my suspisions started. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:59 am

Sorry to hear about the mess you got yourself into earlier Lord. A great to see that you seem to be back in a greater fighting role than when you left!
Go easy on those tablets. I think personally that they're pouring too much juice into your caboose..... Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 25 Aug 2015, 11:04 am

SecretFly wrote:Sorry to hear about the mess you got yourself into earlier Lord.  A great to see that you seem to be back in a greater fighting role than when you left!
Go easy on those tablets.  I think personally that they're pouring too much juice into your caboose..... Wink

I am finished with my medication now SF, and the doctors have told me that I do not need to see them anymore for this incident, a few weeks and I will be playing 5-a side again. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum