The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dillian Whyte v Dominick Guinn

+8
Dipper Brown
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
Herman Jaeger
Lance
Coxy001
ShahenshahG
shenglong2015
12 posters

Go down

Dillian Whyte v Dominick Guinn Empty Dillian Whyte v Dominick Guinn

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 27 Aug 2015, 4:35 pm

So on the Undercard of the latest British Hype job Anthony Joshua v Gary Cornish, you will find his domestic rival Dillian Whyte, who is set to face Dominick Guinn.

Dominick of course being famous for his win over another Hypejob Audley Harrison, but it is not that which has baffled me.

It is the fact that Whyte is fighting an American opponent who has never been knocked out and has went the distance with some decent Heavies, yet not a word about it on the famous boxing 606v2.

Although, when "AJ" was fighting the Kingpin Kevin Johnson (A man of very similar ilk) it was a "real test for him" and a good to see him fighting a man that "had never been knocked out".

Are we giving Dillian the respect he deserves, or is it the fact that Sky can make you see what you want to?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Dillian Whyte v Dominick Guinn Empty Re: Dillian Whyte v Dominick Guinn

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Aug 2015, 4:46 pm

Its because he's black. Or more likely because we rarely see him because he was banned for drugs and only came back into the game last year.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 27 Aug 2015, 4:49 pm

or is it the fact that Sky can make you see what you want to?

I don't know if I was taking drugs each time AJ fought but he seemed to be flooring guys with relative ease. Also, when I've seen Whyte fight he's resembled a bit average.

And as for Guinn, anyone who gets shutout by Eddie "my hands are so quick it looks like I'm not throwing punches... no... wait... I'm not" Chambers isn't going to provide much of a test other than being a human punch bag.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 27 Aug 2015, 4:51 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Its because he's black. Or more likely because we rarely see him because he was banned for drugs and only came back into the game last year.

And thats why there has been no comments on 606v2. Thanks for clearing that up.

I was getting carried away, thinking its because Sky Sports have marketed AJ like a puppet, showboating him around because he has won an Olympic medal, and they want us to believe the hype.....sorry.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 27 Aug 2015, 4:52 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
or is it the fact that Sky can make you see what you want to?

I don't know if I was taking drugs each time AJ fought but he seemed to be flooring guys with relative ease. Also, when I've seen Whyte fight he's resembled a bit average.

And as for Guinn, anyone who gets shutout by Eddie "my hands are so quick it looks like I'm not throwing punches... no... wait... I'm not" Chambers isn't going to provide much of a test other than being a human punch bag.

What has been average in the fights you've seen Whyte involved in?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 27 Aug 2015, 4:52 pm

No doubt there is far too much focus on the celebrity boxers and not enough on the rest. Hopefully for Whyte sake this card will be a step in the right direction for him.

Can't begrudge Joshua too much, he did actually achieve something at the Olympics to get himself famous. It's when people are talking about Mayweather, Pac, Khan, Golovkin etc 3 months before their fights whilst ignoring good match ups the coming weekend that gets me.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 27 Aug 2015, 4:56 pm

Lance wrote:No doubt there is far too much focus on the celebrity boxers and not enough on the rest. Hopefully for Whyte sake this card will be a step in the right direction for him.

Can't begrudge Joshua too much, he did actually achieve something at the Olympics to get himself famous. It's when people are talking about Mayweather, Pac, Khan, Golovkin etc 3 months before their fights whilst ignoring good match ups the coming weekend that gets me.

Agreed Lance.

I am an avid viewer of boxing, and I never miss many Live fights on TV, I have all THe Sky channels, BT Sports, Boxnation, Premeir Sports, US ESPN, etc.

And to be fair, I find this forum somewhat disappointing in that regad no one ever talks about the other fights/fighters and some of the amazing fights there have been recently and tasty scraps that are upcoming domestically and beyond.

I put a thread up about Jamie Conlan's last fight, which for me was hands down FOTY, but I reckon you could count on one hand the amount of people on here that actually watched that fight.....

Its been very boring and disappointing around here recently.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Aug 2015, 5:00 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Its because he's black. Or more likely because we rarely see him because he was banned for drugs and only came back into the game last year.

I was getting carried away, thinking its because Sky Sports have marketed AJ like a puppet, showboating him around because he has won an Olympic medal, and they want us to believe the hype.....sorry.

Olympic gold medalist gets more attention than a drug cheat who spent most of his life in kickboxing and spent a couple years out of the game with a drug ban and has been fighting unknown nobodies (rather than known nobodies). It's not difficult.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 27 Aug 2015, 5:30 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:

Olympic gold medalist gets more attention than a drug cheat who spent most of his life in kickboxing and spent a couple years out of the game with a drug ban and has been fighting unknown nobodies  (rather than known nobodies). It's not difficult.

More of a case of getting behind who Sky Sports/Media tells you to.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 27 Aug 2015, 5:37 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
Lance wrote:No doubt there is far too much focus on the celebrity boxers and not enough on the rest. Hopefully for Whyte sake this card will be a step in the right direction for him.

Agreed Lance.

I am an avid viewer of boxing, and I never miss many Live fights on TV, I have all THe Sky channels, BT Sports, Boxnation, Premeir Sports, US ESPN, etc.

And to be fair, I find this forum somewhat disappointing in that regad no one ever talks about the other fights/fighters and some of the amazing fights there have been recently and tasty scraps that are upcoming domestically and beyond.

I put a thread up about Jamie Conlan's last fight, which for me was hands down FOTY, but I reckon you could count on one hand the amount of people on here that actually watched that fight.....

Not surprising, board has lost several good posters, has hardly any members and one mad quee n with about ten aliases.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Aug 2015, 5:38 pm

Or more of a case of your inferiority and victim complexes morphing you into a humourless repetitive bore affecting a patently false sense of wounded dignity.

Salt for the slug.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 27 Aug 2015, 5:40 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Or more of a case of your inferiority and victim complexes morphing you into a humourless repetitive bore affecting a patently false sense of wounded dignity.

Salt for the slug.

Translation please?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Aug 2015, 5:44 pm

Not for you Herman. Sheng has this thing where he likes to lord something over others. Whether its something like this where only he is enlightened or whether it nationality or god knows what else. Dillian whyte fought a guy with 1 professional fight two fights ago. Is this someone you'd think would have caught many peoples eyes?

Salt for the slug was a previous posters way of dealing with Sheng. He followed him around posting salt for the slug everytime sheng posted.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:

Agreed Lance.

Not surprising, board has lost several good posters, has hardly any members and one mad quee n with about ten aliases.

This from a guy who keeps getting his posts removed for vulgarity..

Having aliases is a bannable offence......Certainly suggest anybody that thinks I have any... and thinks I'm a W**ker (99% I imagine laughing ) should alert the moderators !!!!...Or else STFU..

"Marciano beats up Wlad" what a knob..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 9:59 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Aug 2015, 9:10 am

Tbh, I'd probably prefer AJ to be fighting Guinn than Cornish. At least he'd almost certainly get 10+ rounds. Would help us with one of the 2 unknowns - can all that muscle been sustained over the distance or will it fatigue?

Then it's just the chin-check......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 28 Aug 2015, 10:15 am

Guinn wouldn't last two rounds............

He's 40 has no ambition....Has lost ten times and would take the money and run.........

He's fought once in two years..

The older you get the less you need the aggravation.....It's all about a nest egg and taking ten rounds of abuse from a big hitter shortens your career..

Don't kid yourself..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 28 Aug 2015, 10:23 am

He's right, you know. Couldn't believe it when people thought Kingping would last more than 2 with AJ. He's gone through enough old geezers with no ambition.

Also, I much preferred the strongback character. I don't think this new one works at all, far too one dimensional.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 28 Aug 2015, 10:37 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Or more of a case of your inferiority and victim complexes morphing you into a humourless repetitive bore affecting a patently false sense of wounded dignity.

Salt for the slug.

Is that not a requirement on the registration form for here? I only joined so I'd fit in.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Aug 2015, 12:56 pm

We must pretend dear boy.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 28 Aug 2015, 7:15 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Tbh, I'd probably prefer AJ to be fighting Guinn than Cornish.  At least he'd almost certainly get 10+ rounds. Would help us with one of the 2 unknowns - can all that muscle been sustained over the distance or will it fatigue?

Then it's just the chin-check......

Guinn would take AJ the distance? I genuinely thought Guinn had retired 10 years ago after losing to Toney. I was amazed when he was revealed as DW's opponent.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 7:49 am

Not sure he'd take Joshua the distance but I don't think it'd be a blow out like I expect Cornish to be. Been in with some good names Guinn in recent years, just how much he has left in the tank I guess.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:45 am

Cornish might try to hurt Joshua, won't be easy but
I think he would like tow in. Guinn would come with no ambition at all

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 29 Aug 2015, 1:16 pm

Lance wrote:Cornish might try to hurt Joshua, won't be easy but
I think he would like tow in. Guinn would come with no ambition at all

I agree. I expect Cornish to fold early but he'll be there to win.

I have no idea what state Guinn is in but I can't imagine he'll offer much in 2015. Why not someone like Richard Towers?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 6:17 pm

Cornish is awful.....Give him a ten grand bonus If he hears the first bell.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:39 pm

Smart fight for Whyte. Will get the much needed rounds in. Guinn tends to sleepwalk thru bouts but still possesses decent power.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down