The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANY NFC WEST TEAM FANS ON HERE

+5
BamBam
Grizzly
Pr4wn
CFCNick
cherriesfna
9 posters

Go down

ANY NFC WEST TEAM FANS ON HERE Empty ANY NFC WEST TEAM FANS ON HERE

Post by cherriesfna Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm

Does anyone else on this forum support a team in the NFC west .
an whats everyones view on this division in terms of is it going to improve or is it going to continue to rot.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

ANY NFC WEST TEAM FANS ON HERE Empty Re: ANY NFC WEST TEAM FANS ON HERE

Post by cherriesfna Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm

oh forgot im a seahawk
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:28 pm

I believe it's on the up, but unfortunately the other 7 divisions are improving at the same time.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

It's on the up, but it couldn't realy have been much worse last season.

There's a long way to go when 3/4 of the teams have uncertainty at QB.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:55 pm

Good point Pr4wn, with no CBA comes no FA as we all know, which means that the Hawks, Cards and Niners are still very much in the market for a QB.
Vince Young will end up somewhere, McNabb will get a trade away from DC and then there's the whole Carson Palmer situation - every one of these will be a huge improvement on what they currently have on their roster.

Worth also remembering that amidst all the negativity of the division and how all 4 were so bad they shouldn't have been allowed a play off berth etc etc etc, the Seahawks managed to beat the 11-5 Saints on wildcard weekend and managed to put 24 points on the Bears (in Chicago) on divisional weekend a feat that was only matched by Eagles, Pats and Jets.....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

I'm a 49er and think that the division could be won by any of the 4 teams. The Hawks, 49ers and Cardinals could be playoff teams with a decent QB and the Cards will be the most likely team to get 1 so I think they look like the favourites for the division as the rest of their team is very talented. Definitely not looking forward to seeing Peterson and DRC in their secondary

We have drafted Kaepernick, but I'm not expecting him to play a great deal this year, other than perhaps in a few piston sets which he ran very well at Nevada. Looking forward to seeing what Aldon Smith can do as we have needed a pass rusher for a while. Still think that a CB is necessary, hoping we can pick one up in free agency.

The Rams have a QB who has the potential to be great, a decent O Line, good RB, and the makings of a good defensive line. Depending on whether Bradford gets some decent receivers, they could surprise a few people.

The Seahawks would be my pick to finish bottom of the division :p but they showed last year they have the potential to beat a lot of teams, and they are always very strong at home

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:39 pm

Welcome cherriesfan nice to have a hawk on here. Im a cards fan.

the west is on the upwards i think anyway. A lot of people are expecting the rams to take the division this year but there is no chance of that happening, yes they have the qb but look at their first 7 games its a shocking run i think theyl need to sweep the division to stand a chance and to be frank the team isnt good enough to do that. I expect them to go 6-10 maybe 7-9

The 49ers defence is good enough but the offence is yet to click. I have a strange feeling alex smith is going to have a suprisingly good season. (im the only one)

As for my Cards The secondary looks awesome if peterson plays well (could be one of the best in the league) the D-lines preety good. Linebacker especially outside is a huge hole. but i think the offence will click with either kolb , bulger or even Orton.

maybe a bit of a biased view here but i expect us to win the division this year.
do you think the hawks are improving? how do you rate your play off chances?

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

i think we are improving .
QBs a huge issue but i trust carrol to pull another rabbit out the hat just like with williams
RB is looking brilliant we have 2 great young HBs . especialy as we may have an Oline next year with Okung(1) Unger(2) Moffit(R) and Carpenter(R)
WR is looking nice judging williams can have another great year .
TE is also looking strong.

defensive wise well...............
the secondry is still looking as weak as last year...... apart from earl tomas wo will improve on his good rookie year.
LBs look good . tatupu may be undersized but e is still a quality MLB and OLB is looking good.
Dline really depends on can we resign mebane .
and special teams.. just type in leon washington week3 v chargers and youll have your answer.

as for the division.
if the cards can get a QB they easily win the divison

Cards 9-7
49ers 8-8
Rams 6-10
hawks 6-10
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:20 pm

yer i see similar records. but to be fair it is open, your hawks absolutley hammered us in both games last year so theyve definetly got a chance.
(dno if we were playing really bad or whether your lot were on fire)

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:34 pm

Cards fan. I think the division is on an upswing. If the Cards can land a decent QB we'll be markedly improved.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:41 pm

I'm a 49er and think the division is packed with stars in the making. The 49ers are an up and coming team as are the seahawks and they have a lot of players with tons of potential. The cards are ageing but if they get a qb, they will be a force, pp7 was the easily the best guy in this draft imo. In terms of st louis, we all understand how good their qb could be and they got lots of weapons for him this year in the draft. Seattle need a new qb and will get weapons for him in next years draft much like the rams did this year. Aldon smith, the transformer, earl thomas and robert quinn will be great.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:43 pm

would love if the niners made a run at nnamdi, hopefully he would want to stay in the area Very Happy

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:16 am

Doubt it, he's likely had enough of playing on losing teams.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down