The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons vs Zebre

+7
mikey_dragon
Chunky Norwich
Luckless Pedestrian
munkian
George Carlin
Stone Motif
Cardiff Dave
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dragons vs Zebre - Page 2 Empty Dragons vs Zebre

Post by GavinDragon Wed 09 Sep 2015, 7:22 am

First topic message reminder :

On a stag do so won't be able to make the game but will put up starting xv's when they are announced.

I hope we bounce back and start well. A 5 pointer is a must.

Dragons:

T Prydie, A Hewitt, T Morgan, A Warren, N Scott, J Tovey, S Pretorius, B Stankovich, R Thomas (captain), B Harris, C Hill, R Landman, L Evans, N Cudd, E Jackson.

Replacements:

H Gustafson, P Price, S Knight, J Thomas, J Benjamin, C Davies, D Jones, C Meyer

Last edited by GavinDragon on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Dragons vs Zebre - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragons vs Zebre

Post by GavinDragon Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:10 am

I am not sure tbh. And also in his defence I think the ref had made his mind up and kept penalising him. Must do better though

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:11 am

GavinDragon wrote:If we created absolutely nothing in that match I would be worried, but we didnt. We created 3-4 clear cut opportunities.

I am more worried by the lack of depth in the front row, on the TH side in particular. We were unable to put them under pressure in second half because Shaun Knight kept being penalised in the scrum and giving Zebre field position

By the way, against pretty similar opposition, Cardiff created about 6 times as many opportunities just a few days before.

And our attacking play is utterly dreadful.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:22 am

Congratulations good to see another welsh region doing well. I think Wilson is an excellent coach

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 17 Sep 2015, 9:16 pm

I seem to remember Cardiff also starting last season pretty well, and funnily enough that first game was also a big win against Zebre. But we all know what a shambles the subsequent rounds were, so I think it'd be wise to wait a few weeks (possibly longer) before blowing trumpets on opposition threads.

As Gavin says, Wilson is an excellent coach so Cardiff will get better - hopefully putting the last few previous and shambolic seasons behind them.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 17 Sep 2015, 9:29 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I seem to remember Cardiff also starting last season pretty well, and funnily enough that first game was also a big win against Zebre. But we all know what a shambles the subsequent rounds were, so I think it'd be wise to wait a few weeks (possibly longer) before blowing trumpets on opposition threads.

As Gavin says, Wilson is an excellent coach so Cardiff will get better - hopefully putting the last few previous and shambolic rugby decisions behind them.

Fixed.
Good olde CAP. Shame that a few wanted the place bulldozed out of existence.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 17 Sep 2015, 9:45 pm

Well all those rugby decisions lead to the subsequent shambolic seasons, so we're both right.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:41 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Well all those rugby decisions lead to the subsequent shambolic seasons, so we're both right.

Aye and CCS still resonates unfortunately. Don't mean to pollute a Drags thread btw so i'll leave it there.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 18 Sep 2015, 9:49 am

PhilBB wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:If we created absolutely nothing in that match I would be worried, but we didnt. We created 3-4 clear cut opportunities.

I am more worried by the lack of depth in the front row, on the TH side in particular. We were unable to put them under pressure in second half because Shaun Knight kept being penalised in the scrum and giving Zebre field position

By the way, against pretty similar opposition, Cardiff created about 6 times as many opportunities just a few days before.

And our attacking play is utterly dreadful.

Difference being Zebre had a full week training together working on their defense.

No excuse for our lack of points but you can't really compare the two games.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2