The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to watch the Wales v England game in Milan - HELP!!!

+2
brennomac
GavCanDance
6 posters

Go down

Need to watch the Wales v England game in Milan - HELP!!! Empty Need to watch the Wales v England game in Milan - HELP!!!

Post by GavCanDance Wed 09 Sep 2015, 9:28 am

Hi Guys,

Just realized that I will be flying out to Milan on 26th (yep - Wales vs England day Rolling Eyes ).  I *think* I will be able to catch at least some of the game once we land, but I would need to literally step off the plane and start watching!

I guess the options are find a bar ASAP (but what are the chances of finding one showing Wales v England?!) or stump up and pay for some roaming 3G.  Even then, I'm guessing apps like TV Catchup will be barred in Italy anyway, so what could I use?

Anyone have any ideas?   idea

Ta.

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Need to watch the Wales v England game in Milan - HELP!!! Empty Re: Need to watch the Wales v England game in Milan - HELP!!!

Post by brennomac Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:51 pm

Gav the irish pub Pogue Mahoney 's on via vittorio Santini will almost certainly be showing RWC games, I've watched rugby internationals there during previous trips to Milano

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Need to watch the Wales v England game in Milan - HELP!!! Empty Re: Need to watch the Wales v England game in Milan - HELP!!!

Post by GavCanDance Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:25 pm

Ahh - cheers Bud! I knew someone on here would know!

Will get on Google maps a bit later and see what's what!

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:58 pm

Find a pub is the best and cheapest...

But if you are going down the internet road, you should try and find free wifi (Starbuck, pub, etc), cheaper than roaming. BUT then it still wont work as these sites will know you are in Italy (via IP addresses) and block you. You will need to set up a VPN before you leave, so that you connect to that, which gives you a UK IP address (through internet tunnels.. but wont go into that), and then you can use the ITV player (LIVE) to watch..

I watched ITV Player (live) when recently abroad using a VPN session I set up, and it works well.... Well, providing the internet speed you get abroad is good..

http://www.theninjaproxy.org/ninja/how-to-watch-bbc-iplayer-on-your-ipad-from-outside-the-uk/ shows how to do it.. refers to BBC iPlayer, but will work for ALL UK players (ie ITV one or even Sky GO).

Or if you Google "set up fake uk vpn to watch iplayer abroad" you'll get many other sites showing how to do it (and YouTube clips)..

Also, best to test before you go, as you wont be able to set all of them up out there...

Hope this helps...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Fri 11 Sep 2015, 3:17 pm

Cheers No9 - that's a lot of useful info right there! The only gadget I'll be taking is my Samsung S5 which I've managed to install flash on, so as long as I can find some wifi and a good stream, my chances *should* be good if I have to go the internetz route...

I also have a few extra hours to play with than I thought as I'll be arriving around 17:00 GMT AND my GF says her cousin is rugby mad (we are going out there to visit her family) SO IF he's got Sky (yet TBC), it is ON! Cool

Cheers for all the info!

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 11 Sep 2015, 4:30 pm

As an expat, i usually use filmon, they have most of the English tv channels.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 8:40 pm

GavCanDance wrote:Cheers No9 - that's a lot of useful info right there!  The only gadget I'll be taking is my Samsung S5 which I've managed to install flash on, so as long as I can find some wifi and a good stream, my chances *should* be good if I have to go the internetz route...

I also have a few extra hours to play with than I thought as I'll be arriving around 17:00 GMT AND my GF says her cousin is rugby mad (we are going out there to visit her family) SO IF he's got Sky (yet TBC), it is ON!  Cool

Cheers for all the info!

You'll still need to set up a VPN to use the ITV player or any other "legitimate" UK TV streamer/player, as if its outside the UK, broadcasting laws don't allow you to use them.... Don't ask me what laws, and if someone disagrees, I'm not getting drawn into a bun fight, I just know I have struggled with this so much in the past, until I set up a VPN server of my own this year, and everything worked well from abroad, and I've been to New York, Hong Kong and Rome (all with work by the way.. I'm not the jet set)...

You can set up a VPN on Android (Galaxy S4) and its not far off the way shown in the link I posted. If you Google VPN Galaxy S4 it will show you.

Of course, there are more dubious streaming links out there which don't care two hoots for legal stuff and hence will work without a VPN connection, but I'm not going down that route as I have found them unreliable in the past... (and some contain VIRUSs)..

Hope you found this useful.. and its not as difficult as it sounds..

By the way, not sure if you realised. If you go internet route, you need a VPN regardless if you do roaming off the phone or wifi. Its because either way it will get an IP address from the country you are in and to play the UK players you have to "hide" your location and get it routed through a UK IP servers (VPN)..

Good luck..

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Wed 30 Sep 2015, 11:43 am

here u go angel

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mobileconcepts.cyberghost&hl=en

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 19 Oct 2015, 6:06 pm

The game will be on Sky as it is at Twickers, with Italy in the 6N I suspect it will be on lpcal sat tv.

The advice above regarding vpn is good just set you are in the UK .

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down