The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Powells top 10

+10
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
88Chris05
Soldier_Of_Fortune
ONETWOFOREVER
Rowley
Scottrf
AdamT
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Jeff Powells top 10

Post by AdamT Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

1. SRR
2.Ali
3.Leonard
4.Hagler
5.Hearns
6.Duran
7.Holyfield
8.Chavez
9. Holmes
10.Frazier

What do you guys make of this??

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down


Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by huw Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:26 pm

AdamT wrote:I support Utd too.

What part of Surrey are you both from?

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by AdamT Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:26 pm

Half of Ireland supports United. I'm also on the bandwagon

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by hazharrison Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:27 pm

Scottrf wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Sure it must be:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3067996/Floyd-Mayweather-call-Best-doesn-t-make-eight-boxers-time.html
He should stop using the phrase 'all time'.

In the new article he doesn't mention limiting it at all. He certainly didn't see anything in Robinson worthy of the number 1 spot.

This is the Daily Mail. There is absolutely nothing coherent in that rag.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

Never read it........Don't like the layout or the content..

The Daily sport has a better one and a great current affairs section.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40518
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by Coxy001 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:59 am

hazharrison wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Sure it must be:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3067996/Floyd-Mayweather-call-Best-doesn-t-make-eight-boxers-time.html
He should stop using the phrase 'all time'.

In the new article he doesn't mention limiting it at all. He certainly didn't see anything in Robinson worthy of the number 1 spot.

This is the Daily Mail. There is absolutely nothing coherent in that rag.

This is pretty spot on the money:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3207363/Prime-Minister-Corbyn-1-000-days-destroyed-Britain-brilliant-imagining-Corbyn-premiership-reveals-Tories-gloat-Labour-s-woe-careful-wish-for.html

Those who dislike the DM are either not smart enough to read it, socialist idiots, Scottish, Northern or a combo of the above Wink

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:01 am

If you're smart enough to read it, anyone is.

Scottrf

Posts : 14359
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:21 am

Never been prouder of being thick..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40518
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by Coxy001 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:36 am

Scottrf wrote:If you're smart enough to read it, anyone is.

Did I say I read it? I think I said "dislike". And I tend to read BBC/Sky News as I couldn't give two sh*ts what celeb is doing what.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by Coxy001 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:37 am

And before Rowley starts kicking off - Jeff Powell was a half decent journo who appears to have completely lost his marbles.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:56 am

Unless I'm going somewhere on a train I tend to avoid buying a paper...........I'll buy the Guardian or Independent mainly...........But only really for the sport.....Find their writers more mature and more interesting..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40518
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by milkyboy Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:10 am

coxy has a point. I'm northern, do have a little scottish ancestry, have some socialist sympathies (even if I'm too 'pragmatic' to ever vote for them) and I'm not very smart.

Guess that's why I don't like it. Nothing to do with their unashamed targeting of middle england's, middle-aged housewives with scaremongering twaddle.

I read the torygraph myself!

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by hazharrison Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:49 am

Coxy001 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Sure it must be:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3067996/Floyd-Mayweather-call-Best-doesn-t-make-eight-boxers-time.html
He should stop using the phrase 'all time'.

In the new article he doesn't mention limiting it at all. He certainly didn't see anything in Robinson worthy of the number 1 spot.

This is the Daily Mail. There is absolutely nothing coherent in that rag.

This is pretty spot on the money:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3207363/Prime-Minister-Corbyn-1-000-days-destroyed-Britain-brilliant-imagining-Corbyn-premiership-reveals-Tories-gloat-Labour-s-woe-careful-wish-for.html

Those who dislike the DM are either not smart enough to read it, socialist idiots, Scottish, Northern or a combo of the above Wink

That DM article could genuinely be used as a conceptual art piece. It isn't even a newspaper - it's a propoganda pamphlet. Absolutely appaling waste of paper.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:53 am

Coxy001 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Sure it must be:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3067996/Floyd-Mayweather-call-Best-doesn-t-make-eight-boxers-time.html
He should stop using the phrase 'all time'.

In the new article he doesn't mention limiting it at all. He certainly didn't see anything in Robinson worthy of the number 1 spot.

This is the Daily Mail. There is absolutely nothing coherent in that rag.

This is pretty spot on the money:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3207363/Prime-Minister-Corbyn-1-000-days-destroyed-Britain-brilliant-imagining-Corbyn-premiership-reveals-Tories-gloat-Labour-s-woe-careful-wish-for.html

Those who dislike the DM are either not smart enough to read it, socialist idiots, Scottish, Northern or a combo of the above Wink

Laugh do one athlete

DM is a load of cack. Plus they have a strange affiliation with the tory boys for some reason, which must be why you like it.


Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:56 am

Athlete is a quality nickname for someone struggling to break into a seconds cricket team Laugh

Scottrf

Posts : 14359
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:08 pm

In defence of Coxy he might be crap at everything he does and too ugly to pull a chick.....

But in fairness he did win the Prediction league !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40518
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:33 pm

Coxy001 wrote:And before Rowley starts kicking off - Jeff Powell was a half decent journo who appears to have completely lost his marbles.

Wrote a piece saying that Roy Jones was no good and overrated back in the day, presumably?

88Chris05
88Chris05
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9644
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 35
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:38 pm

Scored the Crolla - Perez fight 120-107........

Had the 8th even.............and had Crolla scoring two 10-8 rounds in the 11th and 12th..

Maybe he can replace halling.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40518
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Scored the Crolla - Perez fight 120-107........

Had the 8th even.............and had Crolla scoring two 10-8 rounds in the 11th and 12th..

Maybe he can replace halling.

How does Powell keep his job with guff like that

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by Coxy001 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 1:11 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:And before Rowley starts kicking off - Jeff Powell was a half decent journo who appears to have completely lost his marbles.

Wrote a piece saying that Roy Jones was no good and overrated back in the day, presumably?


No. It was how Naz was overrated! Wink

Also, I see the halfwits on here are completely unable to take a rather obvious joke and resort to maturity levels that point to them still have subscriptions of Zoo magazine.

And Scott old boy - 5 years on the bounce in the same side. Admittedly it must be my witty banter and a lack of alternatives that keeps me there as I bat like I'm blindfolded.


Last edited by Coxy001 on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by Coxy001 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 1:14 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Scored the Crolla - Perez fight 120-107........

Had the 8th even.............and had Crolla scoring two 10-8 rounds in the 11th and 12th..

Maybe he can replace halling.

How does Powell keep his job with guff like that

To be fair at least it's not every single fight, every single broadcast like Halling manages.

"Nice jab from him there Jim", "He's winning this for me Jim", "Jim, will you smash me as hard as you can" blah blah blah. As one motorsport commentator famously once said about circuit designer "he should be taken in to a dark room and beaten".

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Jeff Powells top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Powells top 10

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum