The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic Tennis Teams

4 posters

Go down

Olympic Tennis Teams  Empty Olympic Tennis Teams

Post by YvonneT Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:43 pm

OK, I know it generates mixed (and strong) views amongst tennis fan, but next's years calendar and players' priorities will be impacted by the addition of the Olympic tennis tournament.

The success of the Swiss (Bencic, Bacsinszky and Hingis as well as Federer and Wawrinka) over the summer had already for me thinking about how they would perform at the Olympic, and then I came across this article about plans for mixed doubles.
http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/martina-hingis-roger-federer-stan-wawrinka-olympics-mixed-doubles-tennis-rio-2016-switzerland/

From Federer: The problem is, I don’t know how I play singles, doubles, mixed [doubles] within an eight-day period [at the Olympics]. To try to win them all, it’s like 15 matches in eight days [15 in nine days in London 2012]. You tell me how that works. I don’t [know]. I have to figure out things and what my priority is at the end of the day.

USA won 3 of the 5 medals at London 2012 basically with the Bryans and Williams, but although Serena has a good shot at another singles gold, it's difficult to see them doing as well.

Jamie Murray's run to the finals at Wimbledon and the US Open should already be enough to qualify and presumably play with Andy and with some extra Davis Cup play, maybe they will have a better run than last time.

Any other thoughts on the Olympics? Do the Federer supporters want him to play in all 3 draws or concentrate on singles - or even prioritise the US Open over this?

YvonneT

Back to top Go down

Olympic Tennis Teams  Empty Re: Olympic Tennis Teams

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:52 pm

Play in all 3? Shouldn't even play in 2. Singles only. Otherwise hell bomb in All 3. Same for stan he's got a doubles gold. Aim for a singles.  Hingis and stan could do mixed maybe

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 14 Sep 2015, 2:51 pm

Do we know what courts this will be on yet?

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 2:54 pm

Apparently the same court as the U.S. open. It'll be a hard court

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 14 Sep 2015, 6:51 pm

2 out of 3 I think - maybe including singles

Federer and Hingis in doubles would be worth a watch. That would be like the tennis equivalent of eating at a michelin starred restaurant.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down