The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages

+6
rodders
SecretFly
HammerofThunor
maestegmafia
George Carlin
Pot Hale
10 posters

Go down

What are your Top Three Favourite Pool Matches so far?

Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap0%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap6%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap0%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap37%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 36 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap4%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap2%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap10%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 10 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap29%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 28 ]
[ 0 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap2%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap1%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap7%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]
Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_lcap1%Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 98

Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Empty Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages

Post by Pot Hale Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:00 am

It's a simple voting contest in which you select your top three favourite matches.   Favourite as in you enjoyed watching it for whatever your stated reasons are - perverse or pleasurable.

Obviously it's possible to include more than three, so try to curb your enthusiasm and not pick more than that to confuse things.  

I've included all the pool matches up to this weekend of Round 2.  Can expand it as we go along.  You can go back and cancel your selection and make another as we go along.

Feel free to add your comments and criticisms.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Empty Re: Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages

Post by George Carlin Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:16 am

2 people actually think that Georgia v Tonga was a better game than Japan v South Africa? I would be very interested to know on what basis they think that.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Empty Re: Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages

Post by maestegmafia Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:00 am

GC you can vote for three games. Georgia vs Tonga was a great match to watch

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:04 am

Georgia v Tonga was on my list and everyone who voted has gone for Japan v South Africa (if everyone has gone for three)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:00 am

maestegmafia wrote:GC you can vote for three games. Georgia vs Tonga was a great match to watch
Didn't realise that. Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Hanghe12
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:27 am

The obvious two - England v Wales/SA v Japan

...and then for me, I really enjoyed SA menacingly getting back into their groove.  

A team that had a lot to baggage to carry mentally (including holding their very Nation together allegedly!!! Whistle - thanks Politicians for the extra motivation)
A lot of shoddy form to overcome too.
Maybe a few of the now fancied sides will be cursing the Japanese when the final stages of the WC comes around.  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

If it turns out to be true - how very pointed it would be that Japan were the side that did it - again. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:48 am

SecretFly wrote:The obvious two - England v Wales/SA v Japan

Yup - I thought Argentina v NZ was a great game too and my other pick.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Georgia/Tonga
SA/Japan
NZ/Arg

The obvious ones really.

The Wales/Eng game had a lot of drama and intensity but perhaps not a classic (and difficult to enjoy if you had a horse in the race!).

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:34 pm

I suspect Japan beating SA will top that list with ease. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:38 pm

I think the only game I've missed so far is Italy/Canada.

I've seen at least some of all the others Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:38 pm

In my opinion, the three best games for the neutral have been in order;

1) South Africa vs Japan
2) Italy vs Canada
3) England vs Wales
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Has to be SA v Japan with NZ v Argentina being the game that had the most quality.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:50 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Has to be SA v Japan with NZ v Argentina being the game that had the most quality.

thumbsup
Agree with that. Two very good sides. NZ obviously, but Argentina have been improving rapidly recently and they look a very strong side now in most areas.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:55 pm

So France and Ireland are now damned if they do and damned if they don't?

That'll be one funny last game between them as they try to work out which of them wants which side.......

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:59 pm

George Carlin wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:GC you can vote for three games. Georgia vs Tonga was a great match to watch
Didn't realise that. Top Three Favourite Matches of the Pool Stages Hanghe12

"It's a simple voting contest in which you select your top three favourite matches."

Was it this sentence that confused you??????

Whistle
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down