The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tongans cement rugby's Nando's connection

+4
Cardiff Dave
Shifty
BamBam
Rugby Fan
8 posters

Go down

Tongans cement rugby's Nando's connection Empty Tongans cement rugby's Nando's connection

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 30 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm

Tonga players visit Nando's 10 days in a row

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/front-row/11901274/Tonga-players-visit-Nandos-10-days-in-a-row.html

Seem to recall that a current or former Wallaby has a Nandos outlet in Australia. Imagine he'll be pushing hard for the Tongans to tour.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Tongans cement rugby's Nando's connection Empty Re: Tongans cement rugby's Nando's connection

Post by BamBam Wed 30 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm

Imagine how much those boys eat

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Tongans cement rugby's Nando's connection Empty Re: Tongans cement rugby's Nando's connection

Post by Shifty Wed 30 Sep 2015, 6:08 pm

I'm aware that if the Ospreys want to eat in Taybarns in Swansea they have to book and ring ahead, they went in there one day after training and stripped the place bare apparently, so were asked if they were coming again to please ring ahead and let them know!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 30 Sep 2015, 6:23 pm

Never been to Nando's. What's so special as I hear it/them mentioned quite a lot.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 01 Oct 2015, 6:50 am

Nothing wrong with a bit of chicken.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 01 Oct 2015, 6:56 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:Never been to Nando's. What's so special as I hear it/them mentioned quite a lot.

Basically they serve chicken, in different varieties, generally grilled. So shed loads of protein which I imagine these guys need

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 01 Oct 2015, 9:33 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:Never been to Nando's. What's so special as I hear it/them mentioned quite a lot.

Its a fairly cheap meal, great if you like spicy chicken

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:26 am

Arguably it shows the difference between the smaller nations and the big ones with their chef and nutritionists.

I've seen a few of the PI Chiefs players in that nandos branch, they eat a huge amount!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 01 Oct 2015, 11:15 am

Shame they're not in the USA's pool, they could confuse the hell out of them after the game by regaling tales of how much of a ledge their mate Gaz is, their holiday in Magaluf and how w*nkered they got before deciding on said cheeky Nandos.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 01 Oct 2015, 6:57 pm

Take a girl there on a first date, it simply works. I had much fun taking a girl to Trefforest, then into the cinema Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu 01 Oct 2015, 7:31 pm

Hard to believe, but the Nando's franchise set-up in New Zealand went bust a couple of years ago, and had to be resurrected by the people running it in Australia.

"Couldn't run a Nando's in NZ" sounds like a modern take on "Couldn't organize a p**s up in a brewery".

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down