The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chung Hyeon Future Grand Slam Champion?

5 posters

Go down

Chung Hyeon Future Grand Slam Champion? Empty Chung Hyeon Future Grand Slam Champion?

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm

South Korea
Born 19 May 1996
Age 19
Height 6 ft 1 in
Current Ranking 58

Chung took up tennis as a way to try and help maintain his eyesight after requiring glasses at a young age ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chung_Hyeon

Wimbledon 2015 Lost in 1st round  to P-H Herbert 1-6 6-2 3-6 6-2 10-8

US Open 2015
1st Round beats J Duckworth 6-3 6-1 6-2
2nd Round Loses to Wawrinka 7-6 7-6 7-6

ATP Shenzhen Open 2015
R1 Beats D Wu 6-1 6-0
R2 Beats A Bedene  6-2 6-0
QF Loses to M Cilic 7-6 6-4

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/hyeon-chung/ch27/rankings-breakdown
He is currently on a meteoric rise up the men's rankings but will it continue?  Not sure about the glasses.  In hot conditions they will steam up.
PS I seem to recall Djokovic wears glasses but wears contact lenses on court.

Back to top Go down

Chung Hyeon Future Grand Slam Champion? Empty Re: Chung Hyeon Future Grand Slam Champion?

Post by greengoblin Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:52 am

From the highlights of his us open match, his playing style reminds me of a young Novak: aggressive, creative, not afraid to make mistakes. Let's hope he sticks with that.

greengoblin

Back to top Go down

Chung Hyeon Future Grand Slam Champion? Empty Re: Chung Hyeon Future Grand Slam Champion?

Post by Guest82 Wed 07 Oct 2015, 5:24 pm

I watched his match with Herbert live at Wimbledon.

He's very creative, probably should have won that match. Herbert was playing S&V a lot.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Tue 27 Oct 2015, 6:52 pm

I'ts hard to judge but Nick Kyrgios is about the same age and has wins over: Federer, Nadal, Karlovic, Seppi, Raonic and Monaco.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Wed 28 Oct 2015, 9:13 am

I still probably rate Kyrgios the highest of the young players. In a strange way I think his attitude helps him not to be afraid of the bigger players.

Just wonder if he will be another Tsonga - some great wins but never able to string enough of them together.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:32 am

In todays game, as in most of life, talent is not enough. Discipline and work ethic are also critical. Djokovic, Nadal, Murray ... Wawrinka ditched his wife to focus on his tennis (?) Someone said 4% inspiration 96% perspiration probably some light bulb manufacturer.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 28 Oct 2015, 12:24 pm

Nore Staat wrote:... Wawrinka ditched his wife to focus on his tennis (?)

He also got a new coach - Norman. He cannot decide what he wants. He has a daughter with Ilham, but has a GF now, IIRC (the Kyrgios incident ?).

If he had a consistent work ethic, his 2008 sojourn with Federer should have kept him working, but he did not. Look at Paire, played Federer's partner (the SABR training) and what he has done since USO.

Are they good players, yes, but work ethic Whistle?

Ferrer has work ethic. Just my 2c, NS.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 28 Oct 2015, 1:28 pm

Guest82 wrote:I still probably rate Kyrgios the highest of the young players.  In a strange way I think his attitude helps him not to be afraid of the bigger players.

Just wonder if he will be another Tsonga - some great wins but never able to string enough of them together.

Kyrgios lost to Brands in first round of Valencia. Rolling Eyes

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Wed 28 Oct 2015, 1:31 pm

laverfan wrote:
Guest82 wrote:I still probably rate Kyrgios the highest of the young players.  In a strange way I think his attitude helps him not to be afraid of the bigger players.

Kyrgios lost to Brands in first round of Valencia. Rolling Eyes

I know...lost me money as I had bet on him.

He's too inconsistent, but his best is actually a very high level.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 2:41 pm

You short change yourself LF that was at least 2$ of thought Smile

Whatever ever happened to that talented player ... Gulbis was his name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Wed 28 Oct 2015, 2:44 pm

Brands destroyed Kokkinakis and Montanes in qualies. He is a streaky player and obviously in good form. Kyrgios losing to him in a final set tiebreak is mildly frustrating but not a dreadful result.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Wed 28 Oct 2015, 6:48 pm

Rublev knocks Granollers out in Valencia. Good win for the 18 year old.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down