The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA Bound For Glory/Closure Results

+7
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Prometheus
dyrewolfe
talkingpoint
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

TNA Bound For Glory/Closure Results  Empty TNA Bound For Glory/Closure Results

Post by Fernando Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:16 am

X Division Championship (Ultimate X)
DJ Z vs Manik vs Andrew Everett vs Tigre Uno

Everett connects with a dropkick to Manik and Zema, then he kicks Uno into the ropes. Uno knocks him outside before Zema goes for a splash, but Manik catches his legs and slams him into the apron. Manik slams Uno down and springboards off the ropes, then Uno reverses and sends him outside. Zema tries to interfere but Uno sends him outside, then Uno gets caught with an elbow before Zema uses him to springboard off of and Zema hits a flying forearm over the ropes.

The crowd pops for Zema’s big dive, then Everett hits a springboard Shooting Star press onto everyone, and Everett starts climbing the cables. Manik catches up with him and kicks him, then he suplexes him before everyone gets back in. Manik and Zema fight before Everett hits a 630 splash, then they fight out to the floor and Uno hits a 450 on the floor. Everett and Manik fight on the cables, with Everett standing above the cables to kick him down, then Uno climbs over and tries to knock him down, kicking him in the head and slamming Everett to the mat before talking his title down.

Winner – Tigre Uno

Shane Helms comes out and gets in Uno’s face, but ends up shaking his hand before walking away.

Bound For Gold

Ken Anderson throws Jessie Godderz across the ring and hiptosses him, then he hits a neckbreaker before Eli Drake makes his way out. Drake swings at Anderson before eating a few punches in the corner. Drake cheapshots him and tries to throw Anderson outside, then Anderson throws some elbows as Al Snow enters the match. Snow hits Jessie and Drake in the nuts with Head, then he charges the corner but Drake hits a neckbreaker. Aiden O’Shea makes his entrance and pulls Snow into the ringpost, then he punches Anderson a few times as Robbie E makes his way out.

We get a bit of back and forth action before Mahabali Shera enters and takes Drake out, then Shera throws a few punches and asks for everyone to dance with him. His music continues to play through the match and everyone ends up dancing, then Aiden jabs him and punches him near the ropes. Tyrus and Chris Melendez are out next, with Tyrus knocking people back before Sarge hits Robbie with a full nelson slam. Anderson tries to sucker punch Sarge but gets caught with a big boot, then Tyrus clubs Snow and eliminates him, and tosses Sarge outside next. Tommy Dreamer enters and dukes it out with Tyrus, going for a Bionic Elbow before hitting a crossbody block.

Jessie dropkicks Dreamer and attacks him as Abyss makes his way out, then he and Tyrus have a staredown before… Pope’s music plays! Pope enters, but sees Tyrus and Abyss waiting, and ends up hopping over the ropes to eliminate himself. Abyss and Tyrus slug it out before Abyss gets knocked outside, then Jessie and Robbie slug it out and before Robbie gets sent outside. Dreamer is thrown outside next, then Jessie is eliminated by Anderson and we’re down to Tyrus and Anderson. Anderson hits him a few times, but Tyrus ends up slamming him down and hits a running splash for the win.

Winner – Tyrus

EC3 comes out and claps for Tyrus on the stage, then enters the ring and takes the mic. He puts Tyrus over and says Tyrus should use his title shot for the tag titles, but Tyrus takes the mic and says he fought hard and he’s tired. He says he’s taken a lot of bullets for EC3, but he did this on his own and he’s coming for the world heavyweight title, and EC3 looks devastated.

TNA Tag Team Championships
Brian Myers & Trevor Lee vs The Wolves (c)

Myers hits Eddie a few times and applies a chinlock, then Eddie hits an atomic drop before kicking Myers in the corner. Eddie hits a backpack stunner off the turnbuckles for two, then Myers comes back with some strikes and a leglock. Lee gets in and hits Eddie and applies a chinlock, then Eddie hits a jawbreaker and finally gets the tag after a few minutes of being isolated. Davey unloads with kicks before hitting Lee with a springboard kick, then he heads up top and goes for a double stomp. Lee rolls away and nails Davey with a forearm, but Davey comes right back with a T-Bone suplex before setting up a suicide dive.

Myers grabs Davey’s foot and attacks him, then Eddie assists and they send Myers and Lee outside. The Wolves hit suicide dives in stereo, then Davey connects with a double stomp before Myers breaks it up. Lee hits a German suplex but Eddie breaks it up, then Davey slams Myers into the barricade before setting Lee up for a superplex. Myers runs up the turnbuckles and helps Lee knock Davey back down, but Eddie runs in and leaps over Lee to hurricanrana Myers. Davey then superplexes Lee as Myers is sent outside, and Davey rolls through and Eddie assists with a double team cutter for the win.

Winners – The Wolves

King Of The Mountain Championship
Bobby Lashley vs Bobby Roode (c)

Lashley hits Roode a few times before clotheslining him, then he tackles him in the corner and they slug it out. Lashley works Roode over in the corner before hitting a suplex for two, then applies an armbar but Roode kicks him and heads up top. Lashley powerslams Roode and spears him for two, then Roode comes out of nowhere with a Roode Bomb for two. They get up and slug it out, then Roode applies a crossface, then Lashley tries to break but Roode rolls through and locks the hold in. Lashley deadlifts Roode and hits his own Roode Bomb for two, then Roode ends up blocking Lashley again and hits a Roode Bomb for the win.

Winner – Bobby Roode

Jeremy Borash talks to Matt Hardy backstage, who says this last year has been one hell of a ride. He says tonight means the world to him and his dream has been to be a tag team champion with his brother. They have done that, and they set new goals, and now he wants to be a World Champion, and there’s no better place to do it than North Carolina. Matt says his family is here and he will get a fair chance tonight, and he is there to become World Heavyweight Champion tonight.

October 4, 2015
Billy Corgan introduces a highlight video package for Earl Hebner, then welcomes him to the ring.

Knockouts Championship
Awesome Kong vs Gail Kim (c)

Kong hits Gail a few times and knocks her down, then Gail tries to apply a submission but Kong slams her down and sends her outside. Kong gets a chair and Robert Irvine (Gail’s husband) screams at Hebner from the crowd to stop her, but Hebner argues with him and Kong hits an Implant Buster on the chair. Kong whips Gail inside and goes for a powerbomb, but Gail reverses into a hurricanrana attempt before calling for Eat Defeat. Kong blocks and hits a spinning back fist, then Gail somehow surprises Kong with Eat Defeat and picks up the win.

Winner – Gail Kim

Jeff Hardy tells Jeremy Borash he did quit, but Dixie Carter brought him back to make sure he calls it down the middle. Jeff says EC3 can’t buy his way out tonight, and Tyrus won’t help him, so it’s time to make the other zebras (referees) proud, and tells the creatures to mount up.

Eric Young vs Kurt Angle

Eric talks about ending Kurt’s career, but Kurt says he isn’t having a wrestling match tonight. Kurt says he talked to Dixie Carter, and tonight they are having a no disqualification, anything goes match! Kurt hits him with the mic, then Eric throws a few punches, but Kurt slams him into the ring steps and into the crowd. Eric hits him a few times and charges, but Kurt jabs him and whips him back over the barricade. Kurt sends him in the ring but Eric reverses a whip and hits a piledriver, and Kurt rolls outside and grabs his neck. A doctor and EMS staff comes out and checks on Kurt, then the doctor says the match is over and tries to help Kurt to the back.

Eric runs out of the ring and attacks the doctors, then drags Kurt back towards the ring. Kurt says ‘Eric it’s over’ and tries to defend himself, but Eric chokes him on the ropes and beats him with a chair. Kurt grabs at the side of his head, but Eric whips him outside and ends up pulling the padding away from the floor. Eric goes for a piledriver but Kurt reverses and hits a German suplex, then he rolls Eric in and goes for a pin as the match appears to be continuing.

Kurt hits an Angle Slam for two, then Eric sends him into the turnbuckles and follows with a top rope elbow before stomping on Kurt’s neck. Eric heads back up top and hits another elbow to Kurt’s back, then he goes for a piledriver from the top rope. Kurt counters and puts Eric in a grapevined ankle lock, and Eric reaches the ropes and calls for a break, but the ref reminds him it’s no disqualification, and Kurt drags him back and makes him tap out.

Winner – Kurt Angle

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Drew Galloway vs Matt Hardy vs Ethan Carter III (c)

Tyrus comes down to the ring but Jeff Hardy (special guest referee) throws him out, then we get a few quick dropkicks from Ethan and Drew. Ethan chops Drew and knocks him down, then Matt knocks Drew out of the way and tries to hit Ethan with a Twist of Fate. Ethan knocks him outside and Matt gets up and slugs it out with Ethan, and Drew takes them both out with a somersault dive. Drew hits Ethan with a back-to-belly piledriver on the steps, then Matt takes both guys out before going for a moonsault. Ethan attacks Matt and slams Drew into a table, then he hits Matt on the apron and suplexes him over the ropes and into Drew on the table. Ethan hits a TKO before calling for a One Percenter, but Drew interferes and punches Ethan in the corner. Matt clotheslines Drew and sets him up top, then they fight for position before Matt puts Drew in the tree of woe position. Ethan runs over and chops the hell out of Drew, then Ethan goes for a superplex but Drew bridges up and slams them both to the mat. Ethan comes back with a quick One Percenter but only gets two, then Ethan hits Jeff and screams that he wants to be disqualified. Jeff asks what he is doing so Ethan kicks Drew in the balls, then he gets a chair and threatens to beat Matt with a chair. Jeff takes it away and tells Ethan to be a man, then Ethan demands Jeff hits Ethan with the chair. Ethan smacks Jeff, then Jeff hits him with the chair and drops Ethan with a Twist of Fate. Drew runs in and kicks Ethan in the head, but Matt catches Drew with a Twist of Fate and makes the cover.

Winner and NEW TNA World Heavyweight Champion – Matt Hardy

Ethan is shown flipping out on Dixie Carter and John Gaburick backstage, and he shoves John over a table and tells Dixie she is dead to him. Matt brings his dad, wife Reby and son Maxel into the ring to celebrate, and raises the title over his head and poses on the turnbuckles as the show ends.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

TNA Bound For Glory/Closure Results  Empty Re: TNA Bound For Glory/Closure Results

Post by talkingpoint Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:25 am

As much as I don't think it was the right move to put the belt on Hardy, why wasn't Hardy put in the title match earlier to allow for the pay off at the PPV? Hardy has fought ECIII on TV for free what twice? Why couldn't they have booked this rivalry to build up to their title match? I don't understand TNA sometimes. The venue was booked months ago. Surely they had an idea that they wanted Hardy to win the title or at least be in the main event? How long ago was the countdown show recorded? A month? 6 weeks? They have to write their shows well in advance. I really don't get it?! picard Headscratch

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

TNA Bound For Glory/Closure Results  Empty Re: TNA Bound For Glory/Closure Results

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 05 Oct 2015, 1:06 pm

The only consolation is that it wouldn't have been much better putting the belt on Galloway. His rivalry with EC3 wasn't built up much better. Matter of fact, I think Matt had it slightly better through Jeff's issues with EC3...the whole "avenging his brother" angle.

But overall, shoddy booking meant any change of champion would be rather underwhelming.

Hope Galloway gets another shot in the next few months though and doesn't just disappear into occasional midcard appearances like so many others have. I think "the saviour of TNA" deserves to stay in the spotlight.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 05 Oct 2015, 2:10 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:The only consolation is that it wouldn't have been much better putting the belt on Galloway. His rivalry with EC3 wasn't built up much better. Matter of fact, I think Matt had it slightly better through Jeff's issues with EC3...the whole "avenging his brother" angle.

But overall, shoddy booking meant any change of champion would be rather underwhelming.

Hope Galloway gets another shot in the next few months though and doesn't just disappear into occasional midcard appearances like so many others have. I think "the saviour of TNA" deserves to stay in the spotlight.

Yeah Matt definitely had more history with EC3, but they could have given Galloway a decent build up as I suggested in my fantasy booking scenario. Both men could have been handled better. At least in the Triple Threat technically EC3 wasn't pinned and can still claim he was never defeated. But, yeah how Drew will fit into the title scene from now on is anyone's guess.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 05 Oct 2015, 2:47 pm

I'm not sure that TNA had any other direction they could go, given where they are now.

Obviously they want a new TV deal and I think it would be ill advised for them to put the belt onto anyone other than their most recognizable / prestigious star while they are shopping themselves around.

With all the wrestlers who have left and Angle saying he is finished, Matt is their highest paid star and beyond the point above, putting the belt on him might help him stay with the company while they find their next step.

So, I agree that keeping the belt on ECIII, or having an angle where Galloway is transitioned to champ, would both be best in ideal circumstances, I just don't think TNA is in a position where they had options in this booking.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:33 pm

Jeff Hardy helping Matt win the title is akin to Lewis Hamilton letting his brother drive the car in the next F1 race.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 05 Oct 2015, 5:02 pm

Marky wrote:Jeff Hardy helping Matt win the title is akin to Lewis Hamilton letting his brother drive the car in the next F1 race.

Damn - that would be interesting!

And Nico would probably struggle to beat him too! Laugh

Anyway, getting back on topic, I think Prometheus' explanation makes as much sense as anything. I suppose we need to remember that business considerations are often factored into the way events are booked.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 05 Oct 2015, 5:40 pm

What a dire read. Matt Hardy. If WWE go ahead and give Kane the title then I think we can officially just shut wrestling down and instead replay what we've had.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 05 Oct 2015, 6:02 pm

It's like some weird Groundhog Day thing going on.
Does anyone in power currently in wrestling know it's actually 2015?
The WWE Champion facing Sting then Kane.
The WWE tag champions facing the Dudley Boys.
The TNA new champion being Matt Hardy.

If this was 2001 I wouldn't be excited by any of this news, I'm certainly not now.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:50 am

Prometheus wrote:I'm not sure that TNA had any other direction they could go, given where they are now.

Obviously they want a new TV deal and I think it would be ill advised for them to put the belt onto anyone other than their most recognizable / prestigious star while they are shopping themselves around.

With all the wrestlers who have left and Angle saying he is finished, Matt is their highest paid star and beyond the point above, putting the belt on him might help him stay with the company while they find their next step.

So, I agree that keeping the belt on ECIII, or having an angle where Galloway is transitioned to champ, would both be best in ideal circumstances, I just don't think TNA is in a position where they had options in this booking.

It says something about the state of TNA if Matt Hardy is their biggest marquee name.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Oct 2015, 12:44 pm

The question that hasn't been asked:

Is Jeff's contract up soon? They often try bribe him to stay when the contract is running out.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 06 Oct 2015, 12:51 pm

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 06 Oct 2015, 1:05 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:The question that hasn't been asked:

Is Jeff's contract up soon? They often try bribe him to stay when the contract is running out.

Thats what I thought when EC3 tried to fire him, but he quit instead.

Then Dixie brought him back to be guest referee, so now I'm not sure. Unless Jeff decides he's done with wrestling, I think he'll renew, as TNA is about the only place that will let him work the "relaxed" schedule he wants, so he can spend time on his music and art.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:00 am

I think he'll end up with GFW.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:06 am

talkingpoint wrote:I think he'll end up with GFW.

There's a lot of silence coming out of GFW wrt TV deals.  They've another Amped taping in a couple of weeks, haven't they?  I'd say around then they'd really want to be making an announcement of when / where these shows will be shown.

Apparently none of the taped TV had Hardy as the champ, so 2 days after winning the belt, he's made to dump it. laughing
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:28 am

That can't be true - Surely even TNA wouldn't be that stupid??

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:39 am

What is even going on at that company? They've almost become a parody of themselves.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:40 am

Apparently this has been planned since July Laugh It's rivalling the finger poke of doom.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:43 am

EC3 plays the family card I'm guessing then and Dixie makes Matt drop the belt?

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:54 am

Don't be stupid Paul, That makes too much sense for TNA.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:58 am

picard

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 07 Oct 2015, 8:41 pm

TNA TITLE UPDATE

TNA have announced a 32 person tournament for the vacant TNA World Title which will work like the FIFA World Cup.

Press Release:

The World Title Series will feature a format very similar to soccer's World Cup, with thirty-two members of the IMPACT WRESTLING roster competing for the TNA World Championship. The wrestlers will be divided into 8 groups to begin round robin group play. Winners receive three points, a draw receives one point, and loss earns zero points. The top two point getters from each group will advance to the field of 16 and a single elimination tournament where the winner goes through and loser goes out. The ultimate winner of the World Title Series will have survived the most grueling test in the history of wrestling and will be crowned the true and undisputed TNA World Champion.

Sounds interesting, but leave it to TNA to over complicate something.

BUT.

It gets better. Dixie Carter tweeted out:

@TNADixie wrote:This #WorldTitleSeries is a ground-breaking oppotunity for our roster. Pleased to announce that 1 group will feature the TNA Knockouts.

How do we feel about this? Bit of a statement, even if Im not entirely sure what to make of it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 07 Oct 2015, 8:45 pm

I think TNA saying there's 32 people competing in the series and making the Knockouts account for 4 of them is a statement that TNA don't have 32 male wrestlers to call upon!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 07 Oct 2015, 10:27 pm

So, why isn't he champ?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 08 Oct 2015, 11:31 am

As far as I can gather, EC3 said he would have him banned from Impact as long as he was champion, so he vacated the title to be on Impact. Makes perfect sense.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Thu 08 Oct 2015, 12:11 pm

That is awful- Surely they could have told him he has to hand over the title, when he refuses Dixie strips him of it and sets up the tournament - Hardy then starts an underdog run to the final overcoming everything that is thrown at him - In the final he faces EC3 where he can either get the win or get screwed over by Jeff to set up a feud between the brothers?

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 08 Oct 2015, 2:22 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

In fairness, having now watched BFG, I was disappointed with the main event. Making it a Triple Threat match was a mistake. Having Jeff Hardy as guest referee was a bigger mistake. Having Jeff Hardy respond to EC3's provocation and basically take Ethan out of the match was a HUGE faux pas IMO...especially given EC3 had been booked quite strongly recently.

At least he lost the title without being pinned or submitting, so he has a strong claim for a rematch.

Given the way the match panned out, I don't actually think its that ridiculous that Matt is made to drop the belt, if thats what happens. Shouldn't be necessary, but given the circumstances...

Marky wrote:
I think TNA saying there's 32 people competing in the series and making the Knockouts account for 4 of them is a statement that TNA don't have 32 male wrestlers to call upon!

Frankly I'd be surprised if anyone here could name more than 16! Where exactly are they going to get all these wrestlers from...especially now GFW have poached a lot of the part-timers they used to call on to fill slots?

Also troubled by the fact the Knockouts will be competing. Am I reading this right and is this for the World Heavyweight title, or are TNA creating a new "World Title" separate from the Heavyweight title, sort of like how WWE have US and IC titles as well as a heavyweight title?

If not, this will be as bad as Eric Young being a Knockout Tag Team champ! picard

Samo wrote:
As far as I can gather, EC3 said he would have him banned from Impact as long as he was champion, so he vacated the title to be on Impact. Makes perfect sense.

I'd question why / how EC3 has the power to ban anyone. Sure, as a member of the Carter family he could, but then just as surely Dixie could just overrule him?

Paul Mac 6CW wrote:
That is awful- Surely they could have told him he has to hand over the title, when he refuses Dixie strips him of it and sets up the tournament - Hardy then starts an underdog run to the final overcoming everything that is thrown at him - In the final he faces EC3 where he can either get the win or get screwed over by Jeff to set up a feud between the brothers?

Sounds like a great idea...which unfortunately means TNA are unlikely to run with it.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 11 Oct 2015, 3:43 pm

I'm watching BFG now.  For all the stick that TNA gets, the X Division ring set up still works so well.  Shoddy camera work though, there was a huge tope from Everett (I think) who practically landed in the audience and they missed it.

EDIT: I think they had it in the replay and it was Zema Ion. Some massive moves in this by Everett though. I loved the spots, but this lacked some story and reason for Tigre Uno to win. 3.5*
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:35 pm

Prometheus wrote:the X Division ring set up still works so well.

Entirely disagree. Especially when its on its 700th use.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 12 Oct 2015, 1:26 pm

Whatchu talkin' bout Ziggy?

I love the Ultimate X ring set-up. Gives the performers more options to show off their fancier moves. Plus you don't see it nearly as often as the truly ancient steel cage (a.k.a the Six Sides of Chickenwire). raspberry

Sadly the X Division and tag team matches were the highlights of BFG for me.

The main event was awful to watch, as well as being responsible for the current situation.

Watched Impact last night and saw the awful spectre of the World Title Series unfold. Whoever thought it would be a good idea for the Knockouts to be included in a competition for the World Heavyweight Title, deserves to be used as a trampoline by Abyss and Tyrus.

I think TNA have finally "jumped the shark" this time...or maybe a whole row of them...

Did they learn nothing from when Eric Young (and his missus) were the Knockouts tag team champions?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 12 Oct 2015, 6:40 pm

Im not a fan of the X-Division special ring thing. It got to the point they were using it monthly on free tv. Ruins it. Plus I never understand why on earth anyone would use it the way the wrestlers do. Its not even kayfabe realistic at times.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 12 Oct 2015, 6:49 pm

I dont like it either. It screams of TNA's main thing of 'How can we do this thing but different'. In this case, its a ladder match without the ladder.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 13 Oct 2015, 1:08 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Im not a fan of the X-Division special ring thing. It got to the point they were using it monthly on free tv. Ruins it. Plus I never understand why on earth anyone would use it the way the wrestlers do. Its not even kayfabe realistic at times.

And steel cages, tables, ladders, chairs, barbed wire and baseball bats are?

Or falls count anywhere matches, where they end up fighting all around the arena and even backstage?

Or people coming up from under the ring in the manner of Kane or Abyss?

Or interference?

Or "special guest" referees?

When you get down to it, there is very little thats "kayfabe realistic" about pro wrestling. In the ring its primarily all about the spectacle.

I would agree that the Ultimate X rig probably doesn't really help much in providing new and interesting ways for the wrestlers to express themselves, but it does add an extra sense of drama...especially when you have a couple of guys fighting it out on the highwires where the belt is hung.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 13 Oct 2015, 1:33 pm

Marky wrote:

Frankly I'd be surprised if anyone here could name more than 16! Where exactly are they going to get all these wrestlers from...especially now GFW have poached a lot of the part-timers they used to call on to fill slots?

Also troubled by the fact the Knockouts will be competing. Am I reading this right and is this for the World Heavyweight title, or are TNA creating a new "World Title" separate from the Heavyweight title, sort of like how WWE have US and IC titles as well as a heavyweight title?

If not, this will be as bad as Eric Young being a Knockout Tag Team champ! picard

Guess Gail Kim and someone like Stud could have a decent last 16 match and Kong could dominate a smaller guy like Crazy Steve and then get knocked out in the quarter finals
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Oct 2015, 6:44 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Im not a fan of the X-Division special ring thing. It got to the point they were using it monthly on free tv. Ruins it. Plus I never understand why on earth anyone would use it the way the wrestlers do. Its not even kayfabe realistic at times.

Or falls count anywhere matches, where they end up fighting all around the arena and even backstage?

Or interference?

When you get down to it, there is very little thats "kayfabe realistic" about pro wrestling. In the ring its primarily all about the spectacle.

I would agree that the Ultimate X rig probably doesn't really help much in providing new and interesting ways for the wrestlers to express themselves, but it does add an extra sense of drama...especially when you have a couple of guys fighting it out on the highwires where the belt is hung.

Those are all kayfabe realistic. But the X-Division match makes no sense in kayfabe. You'd ignore the weird structure and get a ladder in the middle.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 13 Oct 2015, 7:25 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

Or interference?

Those are all kayfabe realistic. But the X-Division match makes no sense in kayfabe. You'd ignore the weird structure and get a ladder in the middle.

This has been done twice iirc, TNA killing their own gimmicks since 2002

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 13 Oct 2015, 9:48 pm

Just watched some of this weeks Impact - what's a awful match Grado and Stud put on, guessing it meant to be funny - but we had the Worm, a people's elbow, a stunner and a you can't see me, why?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 16 Oct 2015, 5:22 am

And I saw on my youtube subscription feed that this week's impact features a match between Roode and Storm in this world title tournament. The fact that Storm joined the WWE last week and made his NXT debut, just goes to show how much pre-taping their shows is hurting TNA. It makes it impossible from a company point of view to make believe kayfabe wise that the shows are live. I mean it makes a mockery out of Josh Matthews and the Pope's pre-show predictions and break downs.

I also noticed that Bram featured in Team TNA during the Lethal Lockdown match against GFW, when at the time the showed aired he was in jail awaiting bail. Taping shows so far in advance and then having so many roster and contract issues is a recipe for disaster. It really hurts the credibility of the product when you're airing shows featuring former members of the roster. It wouldn't be so bad if these TNA alumni were just taking indie bookings that aren't on TV, but when they're signing for the WWE then it really makes TNA look pathetic.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:24 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

Or interference?

Woud you care to elaborate? Because I really don't see the difference. Aren't they all just gimmicks, used to sell particular types of matches and introduce various levels of risk?

They already have ladder matches, so why just do the same thing for Ultimate X?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:27 pm

talkingpoint wrote:And I saw on my youtube subscription feed that this week's impact features a match between Roode and Storm in this world title tournament. The fact that Storm joined the WWE last week and made his NXT debut, just goes to show how much pre-taping their shows is hurting TNA. It makes it impossible from a company point of view to make believe kayfabe wise that the shows are live. I mean it makes a mockery out of Josh Matthews and the Pope's pre-show predictions and break downs.

I also noticed that Bram featured in Team TNA during the Lethal Lockdown match against GFW, when at the time the showed aired he was in jail awaiting bail. Taping shows so far in advance and then having so many roster and contract issues is a recipe for disaster. It really hurts the credibility of the product when you're airing shows featuring former members of the roster. It wouldn't be so bad if these TNA alumni were just taking indie bookings that aren't on TV, but when they're signing for the WWE then it really makes TNA look pathetic.

Yep - its pretty much killing my interest, knowing that what I'm watching is already old news AND that some of the talent aren't even with the company now. Sad
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:38 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

Or interference?

Woud you care to elaborate? Because I really don't see the difference. Aren't they all just gimmicks, used to sell particular types of matches and introduce various levels of risk?

I mean in kayfabe. I know they're all unrealistic, but in kayfabe you can accept them. X-Division doesnt work in kayfabe for me. Its more frustrating than cage matches and people not using the door because they can at least loosely explain it. It just seems to be as useful to wrestling as the sets around WrestleMania rings.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:48 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

I mean in kayfabe. I know they're all unrealistic, but in kayfabe you can accept them. X-Division doesnt work in kayfabe for me. Its more frustrating than cage matches and people not using the door because they can at least loosely explain it. It just seems to be as useful to wrestling as the sets around WrestleMania rings.

My personal pet peeve about cage matches is when a guy has gone over the top and just needs to drop, but the other guy has a handful of his hair. Just fall. Whats more important to you? Avoiding a bald spot or winning a title?

Ultimate X is kinda the same, why would you climb and hang across the wires like a schmuck when you can just grab a ladder?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:21 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

Yep - its pretty much killing my interest, knowing that what I'm watching is already old news AND that some of the talent aren't even with the company now. Sad

I read earlier that TNA wanted Storm to work their up and coming India tour to put over Mahabali Shera. Since Storm has debuted in NXT, TNA have missed the opportunity. Personally, I think this just goes to show how little respect Gaburick and Dixie have for their roster, especially their "TNA Originals". TNA have a history of letting their top talent & marquee names go. Now, even though Storm is out of contract, they wanted him back short term just to put over their token Indian star in front of his home crowd. Storm who really should be main eventing in a promotion like TNA serving as a glorified jobber. I'm glad Storm has made his way to NXT. TNA have no clue how to book or create a star. Just take Drew Galloway, what should have been booked as a massive face win at BFG with the momentum TNA should have capitalized on, never happened. Instead, despite so much potential to give Galloway momentum heading into the main event, he ended up being there just to put over Hardy.

Either WWE have seen something in Storm, which they believe has earned Storm a place on the NXT roster; or they have made a tactical decision to take one of TNA's last marquee names in an effort to bury TNA further. Naturally, I hope it's the first reason as I believe Storm is good enough to cut it in the WWE. However, it doesn't really matter as Storm is in a much better place now than he would be if still in TNA.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:42 pm

Well you certainly can't accuse Storm of lacking loyalty. He's more than paid his dues to TNA and deserves a shot at making his mark in the #1 promotion. Even if he's only there to put over WWE talent, at least he is getting much wider exposure and working on a far bigger stage.

Has there been any more news about Bobby Roode's move to GFW? I saw the promo he cut a while back, but nothing since then. If he's gone too (or is leaving soon) that just leaves EY and Abyss as the last remaining "TNA Originals".

I'm really hoping Jarrett does manage to secure a TV deal, as I can't imagine he would hire a worse creative team than TNA currently has. He seems to understand wrestling from a fan's point of view and the need to be able to deliver a good story.

The most idiotic thing about all of this is that all anyone at TNA (or any other promotion, for that matter) is watch WWE for a few months.

Okay, I don't watch it enough to claim much knowledge here, but the little I have seen is enough to know that they are good at creating characters that get a reaction from their audience, one way or the other. Their booking may be a little flaky too, but at least they seem to have storylines, whereas TNA just seem to make things up from one week to the next.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:52 pm

Could just be me but I've been quite enjoying TNA this past couple of weeks, the title tournament has given the show a real focus, the male/female/x division cross overs may be a little rough but while they are in their own groups it's been pretty enjoyable

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:41 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

Or interference?

Dunno what your problem is but I can accept them. Also, I don't know about WWE but in TNA the door is often locked for cage matches and can only be opened by the ref. In cases where it isn't they just need to plan the match better so that anyone trying to get out gets dragged back in the nick of time.

Samo wrote:
My personal pet peeve about cage matches is when a guy has gone over the top and just needs to drop, but the other guy has a handful of his hair. Just fall. Whats more important to you? Avoiding a bald spot or winning a title?

Ultimate X is kinda the same, why would you climb and hang across the wires like a schmuck when you can just grab a ladder?

Right...I bet you'd sacrifice some of your hair - assuming you're not bald. Rolling Eyes You're forgetting most wrestlers are pretty concerned about their looks. If you think thats bad, TNA had one match featuring Roode and Storm (I think) where they both hit the ground at exactly the same time, so the match was called a draw.

As for naff moments in cage matches - thats just either a result of bad scripting or the match not quite going to plan, so I guess they have to improvise...which can lead to some awkward / unconvincing spots.

As for Ultimate X, I don't know if you've noticed...there are no ladders, so how could they use one? (Shhhhh...don't tell them to look under the ring...) Besides, if they could use ladders, why not just make it a normal ladder match?

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Could just be me but I've been quite enjoying TNA this past couple of weeks, the title tournament has given the show a real focus, the male/female/x division cross overs may be a little rough but while they are in their own groups it's been pretty enjoyable .

Agreed. The tournament is performing a much needed function in the absence of any decent storylines...but I wonder what they will do once its over? I would hope the creative team is using this time to brainstorm some decent ideas. I also foresee some fairly cringeworthy matches as the tournament reaches the quarter / semi-final stages. I'm also hoping they avoid the sort of farcical ending that spoiled BFG.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:25 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

Samo wrote:

Right...I bet you'd sacrifice some of your hair - assuming you're not bald. Rolling Eyes You're forgetting most wrestlers are pretty concerned about their looks. If you think thats bad, TNA had one match featuring Roode and Storm (I think) where they both hit the ground at exactly the same time, so the match was called a draw.

As for naff moments in cage matches - thats just either a result of bad scripting or the match not quite going to plan, so I guess they have to improvise...which can lead to some awkward / unconvincing spots.

As for Ultimate X, I don't know if you've noticed...there are no ladders, so how could they use one? (Shhhhh...don't tell them to look under the ring...) Besides, if they could use ladders, why not just make it a normal ladder match?

Its no DQ, they can do what they want!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:35 pm

Direwolfe wrote:why not just make it a ladder match?

Thats exactly my point. Its faf for the sake of having faf.

From a kayfabe perspective, losing a clump of hair vs a world title is a no brainer. No ones that vain.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 22 Oct 2015, 12:37 pm

Samo wrote:
Direwolfe wrote:why not just make it a ladder match?

Thats exactly my point. Its faf for the sake of having faf.

From a kayfabe perspective, losing a clump of hair vs a world title is a no brainer. No ones that vain.

Maybe if it were a real sport...but given everyone and their dog knows pro wrestling matches are scripted...why bother?

Kayfabe is pretty much non-existent in TNA anyway, so why go to that much trouble (and pain)?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 22 Oct 2015, 12:43 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

Samo wrote:

Its no DQ, they can do what they want!

I hadn't realised Ultimate X matches were no DQ... Shocked Seems daft, considering X Division matches rarely have any shenanigans, whether in or outside the ring.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down