The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Golovkin vs Lemieux Live Up To These?

+9
Mr Bounce
trottb
Kareem61
spencerclarke
milkyboy
kingraf
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AdamT
hazharrison
13 posters

Go down

Can Golovkin vs Lemieux Live Up To These? Empty Can Golovkin vs Lemieux Live Up To These?

Post by hazharrison Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:32 pm

Tremendously exciting fight in prospect this weekend as Golovkin and Lemieux go head-to-head at The Garden. A battle between bonafide bone-breakers usually results in an exciting fight. How good can this one be? Will it be a back and forth struggle like these?:

1. George Foreman vs Ron Lyle
2. Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan
3. Gerald McClellan vs Julian Jackson

Or a one-side blow-out like these?:

1. Benn W TKO 1 Barkley
2. Hearns W TKO 2 Cuevas
3. Foreman W TKO 2 Frazier

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Can Golovkin vs Lemieux Live Up To These? Empty Re: Can Golovkin vs Lemieux Live Up To These?

Post by AdamT Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:33 pm

One side blow out. Easy fight for GGG.

3 rounds tops for me.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Can Golovkin vs Lemieux Live Up To These? Empty Re: Can Golovkin vs Lemieux Live Up To These?

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:35 pm

The odds arent bad for round betting. Also I think 1/7 was been banded around for the fight not to go the distance which is buying money if you ask me.

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:37 pm

Lemieux is talking too much, trying to convince the public he is a live underdog.

For all my criticism of GGG's level of opponents, he is head and shoulders above these guys in a poor divison.

I will be really suprised if this fight passes the half way mark.

GGG is a beast and will take your mans head off. No Doubt!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:45 pm

I'm not sure middleweight is a poor division. Golovkin vs Lemieux, Cotto vs Canelo, Lee vs Saunders and Quillin vs Jacobs are all good match-ups that would suggest otherwise.

Great card (anyone know who's picked it up?). Looking forward to Chocolatito vs Viloria also.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:56 pm

Terrible divison and would hardly count the two 155 pound guys as middle weights.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:09 pm

Think it's choc a blocked with talent myself. It's not welterweight (which seems to never have a talent deficit), but I think its better than any weight above it (except possibly 175 - if that's really where Ward fights) and the one below.

As for the fight proper, I'm hoping Lemmy can pull of a career defining performance, but the smart money is that GGG, in a PPV, will probably decapitate him.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:11 pm

Cotto and Canelo are both middleweights now (Cotto remains the man who beat the man at middleweight). Three PPV stars in the same division can't be bad (I'm not sure any other weight can boast that?).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:13 pm

A blown up up Jr Welter, who got his ars.e kicked by Pac is the champ. Canelo couldn't lay a glove on Floyd. Andy Lee no chin.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:15 pm

He did get the belt by beating a one legged Martinez.

Andy Lee does have a dynamite left hook though. Many have gone further with less
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:18 pm

Lee can bang, but come on Vera stopped him. He was also losing that title fight until he unleashed a bomb.

Not too sure about Quillan havent seen too much of him.

Cotto beating an old cripple and a bum like Geale means nothing for me.

I think Gennandy is a very good fighter, but he is thriving in a c..p divison. Anyone saying different is just a nut hugger.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:35 pm

Says a lot about how crap 154 is then that Canelo beat every big name there except for Mayweather. Or how crap 168 is when people give Murray a shot at beating Abraham... a guy who would probably go 0-4 against the four major champs at 160
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:35 pm

154 is crap too. To be fair boxing in a whole is becoming crap.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:59 pm

Abraham is just well managed and also crap.

Murray wuld beat the other 160 pounders. GGG too good for him.

Anyway GGG is getting old, so he wont be around forever. Somebody will take him out in the next 3 years.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:18 pm

kingraf wrote:He did get the belt by beating a one legged Martinez.

Andy Lee does have a dynamite left hook though. Many have gone further with less

Right hook thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:20 pm

Does anybody think Floyd could come back and fight at Middle?

With his last break he came back looking more muscular against JMM. Perhaps Ariza and your other dodgy fella could throw some muscle on him. Maybe he would fight GGG then and demand drug testing for the half dozen weeks after the fight is announced.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:25 pm

Right hook, left hook. It's all the same to a casual like me
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 16 Oct 2015, 6:07 pm

YMismatch for me. Be a surprise if Lemieux makes it to the second half of the fight. Just an outside punchers chance in my view. The biggest surprise for me is how many people are excited by it. I guess people love it when two bangers meet, but only one of these bangers can actually fight in my opinion, and i don't know how durable Lemieux is.

Be great to be proved wrong.

Last edited by milkyboy on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 16 Oct 2015, 6:32 pm

I'm looking forward to it. It has a bit of intrigue if ggg gets caught might answer a few questions. But the obvious money is him taking a stoppage win around the middle rounds.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 7:22 pm

AdamT wrote:A blown up up Jr Welter, who got his ars.e kicked by Pac is the champ. Canelo couldn't lay a glove on Floyd. Andy Lee no chin.

Wow! That's how you see/rate Cotto? IMO Cotto was always a big lww who was tight at the weight and has since fought better at the higher weights and been in some great fights. IMO he is a very good boxer puncher who gave Mayweather a decent fight and beat a better Mosely than Floyd or Pac. You're being a tad harsh.

Canelo is also a decent fighter who is rarely in a bad fight, fought totally the wrong fight against Mayweather. How many other fighters couldn't lay a glove on Floyd?

Only seen Lee in action once so can't really have an opinion on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 16 Oct 2015, 8:03 pm

I'm exaggerate mate. Blown up welter though.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Fri 16 Oct 2015, 10:27 pm

Can you foe people via mobile? Only really view the forum using my iPhone.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Oct 2015, 12:17 am

AdamT wrote:I'm exaggerate mate. Blown up welter though.

Why do you watch boxing when you clearly hate it? Nothing but negativity from you in recent months mate and it's not as bad as you're making out.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 17 Oct 2015, 8:07 am

One thing is for sure in this one: Lemieux is going to give it a go and that's the interesting bit. I fully expect Golovkin to break him down systematically whilst avoiding the bombs that Lemieux throws but it does only take one punch. Lemieux has that power. However I think a Lemieux win is about as likely as David Haye getting a What rematch in the next 6 months. Golovkin by TKO5 for me.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 17 Oct 2015, 8:08 am

*Wlad* not what. Blinking auto correct!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 17 Oct 2015, 9:43 am

trottb wrote:
AdamT wrote:I'm exaggerate mate. Blown up welter though.

Why do you watch boxing when you clearly hate it? Nothing but negativity from you in recent months mate and it's not as bad as you're making out.

Truss alias. Still in mourning no doubt.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 17 Oct 2015, 9:49 am

With Golovkin, Cotto and Canelo all in the same division, 160 will draw in fighters from everywhere in the vicinity looking for a PPV date. Good thing is he'll fight them all. Hopefully this can signal a move away from careful matchmaking and fighters picking and choosing different title belts.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 17 Oct 2015, 9:50 am

Sensitive bunch. I will try and play nice.

Put your money were your mouth is Haz, I will happily prove I'm not Truss!

Predictions on round. I think 3rd.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 17 Oct 2015, 10:17 am

I think it's going to be good. Ive happily criticised GGG for his poor opposition but I think he's finally in with somebody who thinks he can beat him. Even if it is one sided I hope this is a move in the right direction from GGG promoters. Lemieux is being underrated. He's far better and more dangerous than Murray. Should be an exciting fight.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 17 Oct 2015, 10:18 am

hazharrison wrote:With Golovkin, Cotto and Canelo all in the same division, 160 will draw in fighters from everywhere in the vicinity looking for a PPV date. Good thing is he'll fight them all. Hopefully this can signal a move away from careful matchmaking and fighters picking and choosing different title belts.

I do think Golovkin and Canelo are top class but Cotto is still a big question mark at the weight while Lee is pretty turgid to watch until he lands one punch in the fight. It's a decent division but to me looks more like he has names rather than genuine quality, i'd expect BJS to outbox Lee quite comfortably, just needs to avoid the right hand in the second half of the fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 17 Oct 2015, 10:35 am

Cotto vs Canelo winner has to be next. Probably the biggest fight out there.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 17 Oct 2015, 1:35 pm

If it's cotto who prevails against Canelo I am not expecting him to go anywhere near GGG unless a catch weight is involved. No way at all. He will clearly run all day from him.

Saying that, there is no guarantee that GGG gets through his fight later on....he is in with an absolutely massive puncher and it takes one punch....lest we forget GGG gets hit a bit so will be interesting.

On a side note I think Canelo batters Cotto into next week and stops him late on.

Canelo vs GGG will be a brilliant fight great styles.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 17 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:If it's cotto who prevails against Canelo I am not expecting him to go anywhere near GGG unless a catch weight is involved. No way at all. He will clearly run all day from him.

Saying that,  there is no guarantee that GGG gets through his fight later on....he is in with an absolutely massive puncher and it takes one punch....lest we forget GGG gets hit a bit so will be interesting.

On a side note I think Canelo batters Cotto into next week and stops him late on.

Canelo vs GGG will be a brilliant fight great styles.

I'm sure Canelo and Cotto have agreed a rematch in principal (unless Cotto wins and you know who returns to intervene).

I have a feeling Cotto will beat Canelo - having a late purple patch under Roach.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 17 Oct 2015, 8:54 pm

I'm not fully sold on Canelo but I think his youth and size will get the job done.

It is close to 50/50 for me.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Sat 17 Oct 2015, 11:29 pm

Well, what do we know? We know he's been outboxed by an average fighter in Alcine and that Rubio, who GGG stopped in two, stopped him in seven. Lemieux has a puncher's chance, but I give him 4-5 rounds. Maybe not even that many if he comes in over-confident.

Canelo's size, youth and power overcomes Cotto (who's a joke of a MW champion that should be ashamed of himself with all these 'title' defences at catchweights) IMO and theN loses by late KO to Golovkin. At least he'll fight him though. Cotto knows that facing GGG will be the end of his career.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down