The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November

+13
BigGee
highland_scot
Cardiff Dave
wales606
RDW
EWT Spoons
Eejit
IanBru
Luckless Pedestrian
jimbopip
demosthenes
funnyExiledScot
George Carlin
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November - Page 2 Empty Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November

Post by George Carlin Mon 02 Nov 2015, 8:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November - Page 2 Blues10             Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November - Page 2 Glasgo11 
Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 7 November 2015
KO: 15:00
BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park

Live on Sky Sports

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 43rd competition game)
Assistant Referees: Rhys Thomas, Gwyn Morris (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: Aurwel Morgan (WRU)
TMO: Gareth Simmonds (WRU)

A. Head to Head

24 Played 24
10 Wins 14
14 Losses 10
0 Draws 0
435 Points 507

B. Form

Sun 14 Sept 2014
Cardiff Blues 12 - 33 Glasgow Warriors
BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park

Fri 10 April 2015  
Glasgow Warriors 36 - 17 Cardiff Blues
Scotstoun Stadium

C. Teams

Cardiff Blues
Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November - Page 2 Cardif10
Dan Fish; Alex Cuthbert, Rey Lee-Lo, Gavin Evans, Tom James; Rhys Patchell, Lloyd Williams; Gethin Jenkins (capt), Kristian Dacey, Taufa'ao Filise, Lou Reed, James Down, Ellis Jenkins, Sam Warburton, Josh Turnbull.

Replacements: Matthew Rees, Sam Hobbs, Craig Mitchell, Jarrad Hoeata, Manoa Vosawai, Tavis Knoyle, Jarrod Evans, Tom Isaacs.

Glasgow Warriors
Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November - Page 2 Lulu-c10 
Stuart Hogg, Taqele Naiyaravoro, Mark Bennett, Peter Horne, Tommy Seymour, Finn Russell, Grayson Hart, Gordon Reid, Pat MacArthur, Sila Puafisi, Leone Nakarawa, Jonny Gray (Captain), Josh Strauss, Chris Fusaro, Adam Ashe.

Replacements: James Malcolm, Ryan Grant, Zander Fagerson, Greg Peterson, Rob Harley, Ryan Wilson, Mike Blair, Junior Bulumakau.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November

Post by highland_scot Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:36 pm

Bane even. Batman is back on the pitch though

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November

Post by highland_scot Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:40 pm

BP try for Gray.

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:41 pm

The new captain scores the 4th try. They could not resist the onslaught!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:43 pm

Strong finish from Glasgow. Game over I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:43 pm

Penalty for Russell puts it to 35-23

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:46 pm

Penalty try - YC for Hogg. Slapdown on the try line...

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:47 pm

if only Hogg had batted that up rather than down, he could've gone the length

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:51 pm

what? surely that was out?

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:52 pm

Thank feick for that!

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:55 pm

Yes, that was rather dramatic

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 07 Nov 2015, 4:58 pm

Well we fell over the line in the end but a 5 pointer is a 5 pointer. There were some good signs there though, it could be starting to click.

Well done Blues for a very committed showing, well worth your bonus point and your season will improve if you keep playing with that spirit

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 07 Nov 2015, 5:03 pm

Whew, that was close. Top marks to the Blues for never giving up. Top marks to the Warriors for another five pointer.
Must say, Big Thomas the Tacky looks suspect in defence at times; though not quite Visserish.
Blair looks set to start in Paris.
The pack all looked good.
Horne drifted in and out: more out than in today. Will Dunbar be fit?
Still, looking good for next week.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 07 Nov 2015, 6:00 pm

Sounds like a great game - sorry I missed it.
Sounds like Cardiff were as terrier-like and hard nosed as usual.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 07 Nov 2015, 10:21 pm

Light at the end of the tunnel i'd say. Happy with Wilson and I like the cut of his gib. Hope Uncle Pete helps him build a decent squad for next season.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Sun 08 Nov 2015, 11:35 am

How did the Glasgow scrum go yesterday?

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 08 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm

Totalflanker wrote:How did the Glasgow scrum go yesterday?

It was solid, it was an area of the game where you would say there was parity. You would not say the Glasgow scrum was a weapon, but it takes a pretty good one to get on top of them. They are still short of a really top quality TH, it is probably our weakest position on the pitch these days, it is realistically still going to take Fargerson a couple more years to fulfil his potential.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun 08 Nov 2015, 1:04 pm

I'm really enjoying Greg Petersen as well - watching the big guy smash through the line at pace before offloading in the tackle to a rampaging Sandy Fagerson is a beautiful sight.

The difference the two of them made in driving Glasgow up the field in the final quarter was huge.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 08 Nov 2015, 1:19 pm

Is Nina injured?

Apparently he doesn't care for shows and he doesn't care for clothes.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 08 Nov 2015, 1:20 pm

IanBru wrote:I'm really enjoying Greg Petersen as well - watching the big guy smash through the line at pace before offloading in the tackle to a rampaging Sandy Fagerson is a beautiful sight.

The difference the two of them made in driving Glasgow up the field in the final quarter was huge.

Agree with that, Peterson looks a very decent player, who will bring plenty to the squad. Looks born to play the Glasgow way.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 08 Nov 2015, 1:27 pm

George Carlin wrote:Is Nina injured?

Apparently he doesn't care for shows and he doesn't care for clothes.

They gave him the weekend off, it was his birthday!

The pecking order for the Glasgow OS role is going to be interesting and it won't be easy to keep them all happy.

I probably have Nina as top dog at the moment, with Fusaro as back up. Blake I suspect will be the back up option to get his gametime and experience (which is still very limited at this level) up a lot more. He is probably the one for the future though even if he does play a bit of sevens this year. Bordill unfortunately is going to struggle to get any games at all and will probably need to move on to give himself any hope for the future as a pro. I think Fusaro may need a move at some stage as well, when is his contract up?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sun 08 Nov 2015, 2:46 pm

Agree with Nina being first choice - he gives us a bit of bosh in the back row.

Cardiff gave a good account of themselves and aren't a million miles away from being a very good team.

That was a game that the Glasgow of a few years ago would have lost - that being said, still giving away too many penalties that we really need to fix or the big teams will cut us to pieces.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 08 Nov 2015, 2:48 pm

Should we be worried that Dunbar hasn't been seen since his return game back?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Sun 08 Nov 2015, 3:01 pm

Didn't he pick up an injury? Not related to his acl

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 08 Nov 2015, 3:02 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Should we be worried that Dunbar hasn't been seen since his return game back?

I would be more worried if it was the same injury. It is amazing how often players come back from a long term injury then get another one almost straight away, which probably shows just how physically tough pro rugby is.

I am not so worried about this one, there is no need to rush him back, as plenty WC players have now re-integrated anyway. The knee could have been a career ender, I don't think this one is. Maybe they need to leave him out of this round of Europe and then bring him back a bit more gently afterwards with a couple of runs of the bench. They did chuck him straight into a start this time, probably as we were a little bit in need of a good win and were reduced to playing back rows in the centre.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 08 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Didn't he pick up an injury? Not related to his acl

I think it was his sternum.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 08 Nov 2015, 3:19 pm

Grant Gilchrist said the same thing - you're so long out of the game that it us easy to have a random muscle tweak or something you wouldn't normally get.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Sun 08 Nov 2015, 4:06 pm

BigGee wrote:

It was solid, it was an area of the game where you would say there was parity. You would not say the Glasgow scrum was a weapon, but it takes a pretty good one to get on top of them. They are still short of a really top quality TH, it is probably our weakest position on the pitch these days, it is realistically still going to take Fargerson a couple more years to fulfil his potential.

Thanks BigGee - must admit to being worried about big French and English scrums come Europe and Ulster and Leinster for that matter. Fagerson absolutely the future but a big ask just now.

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 08 Nov 2015, 4:08 pm

Glasgow's shortcomings in Europe last year were in the set piece and if anything the scrum isn't as strong this year.

I hope it won't be the case again this year!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 08 Nov 2015, 5:05 pm

Totalflanker wrote:
BigGee wrote:

Thanks BigGee - must admit to being worried about big French and English scrums come Europe and Ulster and Leinster for that matter. Fagerson absolutely the future but a big ask just now.

I am not sure that there are to many in the Pro 12 that will really worry us, Edinburgh are probably the best around at the moment if they get their best players out. The French will be a lot harder though, I guess we will see next Saturday!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 08 Nov 2015, 9:08 pm

I do like Glasgow's ability to score tries, much Edinburgh can learn from that. Glasgow pack still a bunch of jessies mind you.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 08 Nov 2015, 10:56 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:I do like Glasgow's ability to score tries, much Edinburgh can learn from that. Glasgow pack still a bunch of jessies mind you.

Cardiff beaten by a "bunch of jessies" then. I get your drift.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 09 Nov 2015, 5:52 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:I do like Glasgow's ability to score tries, much Edinburgh can learn from that. Glasgow pack still a bunch of jessies mind you.

Cardiff beaten by a "bunch of jessies" then. I get your drift.
Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, 7 November - Page 2 1347041234
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 11 Nov 2015, 11:57 am

Didn't have the chance to see the game but although we have lost our last 6 games it's not all doom and gloom (unlike the stories the western mail have been running) as I have seen an improvement from last season.

Beginning of the season was always going to be difficult, zebra at home was too easy and then a break before all 4 irish teams away. Not to mention the away trip to zebre where last years crapfest if a blues team turned up, glad Wilson gave them the b0llocking they deserved. It seems to have worked and cardiff put up a much better showing against the champions.

I'm hoping the early signs of improvement continue and when we come to play the 4 irish teams in the new year at home we can turn them over. But we need to get some wins on the board soon, just to help morale in the squad

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 11 Nov 2015, 12:15 pm

All I'll say is I'm happy to have played the Blues in Cardiff now, rather than when they've had a chance to gel. I saw lots of things for Blues fans to be optimistic with, and I know Cardiff aren't the first team to have trouble dealing with Nakarawa.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 11 Nov 2015, 12:21 pm

He just seems to defy the laws of physics.

I'm hoping we can do some shrewd recruitment and really get an ethos of being a difficult team to face and have a winning mentality.

Unfortunately we've been needing this for the last 3 seasons now.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2