The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC- The Rules

3 posters

Go down

V2 WWC- The Rules Empty V2 WWC- The Rules

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 04 Nov 2015, 12:29 am

Alright let's get this show on the road

Many of you will be familiar with the concept of the WWC, but if you're new to the boards or need a refresher, here's what you need to know

The Format

The WWC breaks down into 112 competitors, drawn WWE, TNA, Lucha Underground, ROH, The US & UK indys & New Japan, each of these wrestlers will be broken down into 16 groups of 7.

At this stage, each voter will be allowed to vote for 2 wrestlers, and the top 2 will progress into the second round.

The second round leaves us with 8 groups of 4, from here voters can only vote for 1 competitor, the competitor with the highest vote will move on.

From here the competition is fairly simple with quarter finals, semis and the final, all 2 v 2, all with the competitor who gains the highest amount of votes advancing, in the event of a tie, all competitors who have received the amount of votes to tie will advance

Voting Criteria

I don't want to be too strict and stifle how people vote, basically you're just looking at which wrestlers you feel have performed best with regards to in ring work/promo ability etc

Current Form

One thing I would ask you to consider though when voting though is to consider the recent form of the competitor in question, by this I don't mean this past week or anything but generally looking at the past year to 18 months, this is to avoid giving an advantage to wrestlers with decades of history to draw on against current competitors and to clear up confusion which creates somatical debates around how you vote for each wrestler, I don't want to stick an all encompassing time frame on things but I'd say Wretlemania 30 should be the cut off point for judging a competitor's form

New this Year

For the first time ever the WWC will include competitors in the form of tag teams and stables who I felt have a more compelling case as a unit rather than separately

As well as this given the success of the 4 Horsewoman in NXT and the subsequent #divasrevolution, female wrestlers will be in for consideration across the board

Schedule

At this moment I still plan for the first round groups to begin on Monday (9/11/15) with the first 2 groups, I will then release 2 groups every subsequent day Monday to Thursday, until we have completed the Quarter Finals, by my maths that should take us to the 1st of December, the Semi Finals will the take place on the 2nd & 3rd with the Final taking place  on Monday the 7th, again this is provisional providing nothing interrupts the roll out, I'll try my best to ensure the groups are out between 00.00-07.00 each day (depending on my work/sleep pattern) and each group will be open until midnight that night

So that's all I've got for now, these rules are by no means set in stone so if you've got anything to suggest or questions to ask just let me know

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC- The Rules Empty Re: V2 WWC- The Rules

Post by Prometheus Wed 04 Nov 2015, 11:51 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Voting Criteria

I don't want to be too strict and stifle how people vote, basically you're just looking at which wrestlers you feel have performed best with regards to in ring work/promo ability etc

I think this is really interesting. I always find these criteria hard. So for example, I think that Ricochet is one of the most entertaining, charismatic and loved wrestlers in the world, but I can't remember him stepping in the ring and cutting a promo. I've heard Nakamura speak a few words of English, but I don't quite think he's up there with Dusty Rhodes, but he's also one of the best and most charismatic wrestlers in the world IMO.

So, here's how my voting is going to go. I'm going to imagine that a local promoter has just revealed that each wrestler is the first name they've released for a show. Tickets will go to the highest bidder and I've got £100 in my pocket. So, how much would I be willing to throw down right now to see this wrestler in the ring. And that probably takes me from the fiver I'd offer to see Cody Rhodes to the full whack I'd bang down right now to see AJ Styles.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 04 Nov 2015, 12:08 pm

That's usually how I vote, which of the selected would I want to pay my money for?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down