The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Raw Results From Not So Sunny Old England - Spoilers Ahead

+7
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Kay Fabe
Marky
Prometheus
Samo
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

WWE Raw Results From Not So Sunny Old England - Spoilers Ahead  Empty WWE Raw Results From Not So Sunny Old England - Spoilers Ahead

Post by Fernando Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 23:17

The WWE World Heavyweight Title is in the ring as Triple H makes his way out alone. He talks about Seth Rollins' injury and announces a new tournament to begin tonight to crown a new champion. A big "thank you Rollins" chant started. Roman Reigns came out and Triple H put the title on him, offering him the chance to be in The Authority. Reigns turns it down and will face Big Show in a tournament match.

* Tournament Match: Roman Reigns defeated Big Show in a very lackluster match, crown wasn't engaged at all. Reigns advances.

* Tournament Match: WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens defeated Titus O'Neil. Owens cut a good heel promo before the match and won with a pop-up powerbomb. Owens stopped and stared at the title at ringside for a pop. Owens advances.

* Backstage segment with Paige and Renee Young, talking about the WWE Divas Champion Charlotte and Survivor Series. Paige will face Becky Lynch tonight.

* Becky Lynch defeated Paige with a handful of tights. Paige attacked Becky after the match and applied the PTO on the announce table. Charlotte came out, Paige broke the hold and walked away.

* Tournament Match: Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz with a superkick. After the match, Ziggler grabbed the belt and raised it. The crowd popped big for Ziggler with the title. Ziggler advances.

* WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter came out for a promo on MexAmerica. They got a lot of good heat talking about current affairs in the UK and Europe. Del Rio will face Stardust in a tournament match on SmackDown.

* Natalya defeated Naomi. Fans chanted "we want Sasha" all during the match. Sasha Banks attacked after the match but Natalya put her in the Sharpshooter. Tamina Snuka made the save and Sasha put the Banks Statement on Natalya until she tapped.

* Sheamus and King Barrett come out. Barrett gets a big pop while Sheamus is booed. Barrett cut a promo on Wayne Rooney during the commercial, invited him in the ring and then insulted him for failing. Great crowd reaction.

* Tournament Match: Cesaro defeated Sheamus after a distraction. Barrett and Sheamus had been exchanging words with Rooney during the match and Rooney hit Barrett for the distraction.

* Tournament Match: Dean Ambrose defeated Tyler Breeze with a small package. This was described as a good debut match for Breeze.

* Fans had been chanting for WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day all night and they came out to a massive pop. The New Day defeated The Usos and Neville when Neville went for Red Arrow and got pushed off the top. Xavier Woods pinned him with his feet on the ropes. New Day got the best reaction of the night. Neville also got a good reaction.

* The main event segment is a tribute for Kane and The Undertaker by Bray Wyatt. Wyatt comes out alone and talks about the spirits of Kane and Taker, the change ahead. Taker's music hits to a big pop. The Brothers of Destruction come out and the crowd goes mental. The rest of The Wyatt Family appears when the lights go out but Taker and Kane clear the ring. Braun Strowman fights back but they throw him into the announce table. They hit a double chokeslam on Wyatt and walk out together to end the show

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Raw Results From Not So Sunny Old England - Spoilers Ahead  Empty Re: WWE Raw Results From Not So Sunny Old England - Spoilers Ahead

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 7:34

Just watching this now before work. So annoyed watching that reigns match, just when i thought it couldnt get worse than Cena the WWE give you Roman Reigns. At leaat Cena had the decency to do more than two moves before he pinned somebody after being owned for 15 minutes not just some stupid punch and spear

With rwigns and ambrose in seperate halves of the draw i cant see anything other than them two in the final, likely with Seamus doing a Mania type cash in or Ambrose in a screwover of Reigns

Back to top Go down

WWE Raw Results From Not So Sunny Old England - Spoilers Ahead  Empty Re: WWE Raw Results From Not So Sunny Old England - Spoilers Ahead

Post by Samo Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 9:18

Havent watched all of RAW but Maggle Cole calling it 'The' Manchester United is annoying me more than it should.

And no mention of Darren Fletcher either, gogo anti-Scots racism.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 9:26

Enjoyed the show overall, thought it was a decent one, my only issue as stated above was with the reigns segment and match

Cesaro is class, i wish wwe would pull the trigger with him already

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 9:34

gazzyD wrote:Cesaro is class, i wish wwe would pull the trigger with him already
He may get short runs with an IC or US Title just to set up a chase for someone. But WWE are never going to pull the trigger on Cesaro.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 13:06

Dean Ambrose's interview after Raw.

I'm still not sure if this is brilliant or just ramblings, but make your own mind up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5IFuDjoKsc

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 13:18

After that exchange with Reigns and HHH at the start of the show I'd now not be surprised to see Reigns turn heel on Ambrose in the Final at Survivor Series.

Decent show, I'm not a fan of the UK RAW's as they don't usually have much storyline progression in them but it couldn't be avoided last night due to Rollins injury, with Reigns and Ambrose in different sides of the draw it looks almost inevitable that the final is set in stone but if either of these two guys weren't in the Final many would question why as well so it's a damned if you damned if you don't scenario.

I'd love to see Cesaro get to the Final, unlikely as it is but if he beat Ambrose/Reigns (not sure what side he's on) then I think it would create a groundswell of emotion from the crowd and with him winning 2 matches on the night already I believe the fans would really start believing he could actually win it.

Ambrose/Reigns makes sense though, from a historic storylinen prespective to a future one, add in the potential to add Seth Rollins to it too and it'd be hard to see WWE and their safe booking go anywhere else.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 13:41

Just watched the Rooney/Barrett thing again (it's on the BBC Sport website FFS! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34775834) and Sheamus said to Rooney "You're lucky you're not Gary Neville or I'd Brogue Kick your head off" Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 13:56

Kay Fabe wrote:After that exchange with Reigns and HHH at the start of the show I'd now not be surprised to see Reigns turn heel on Ambrose in the Final at Survivor Series.
I can see both the pros and the cons in turning Reigns heel.

On the plus side. If anyone is still going to boo him, then that covers it. Aligned with the Authority, HHH could do more of his mic work (and also HHH might have more say in Roman's promos than just Vince / Hayes sending him out with some really lame stuff).

On the negative side. I think his moveset is more that of a face. I'm sure that he could brawl away, but his spear and superman punch are moves really for a face comeback. And there are more heels he can work with than faces.

I'd therefore say, more likely if there is a turn that the Ambrose turn will come. I'm really not excited about the idea of Reigns as champion. I think he's going to be very vanilla both in how he is presented and the stories he will tell in the ring. And maybe there are loads and loads of kids ready for the Reigns victory and they will buy all the shirts WWE can sell, I just know that by the time I've watched Reigns beaten down 3 or 4 times before coming back with the spear and superman punch, I'll be well ready to move on.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 13:58

Marky wrote:Dean Ambrose's interview after Raw.

I'm still not sure if this is brilliant or just ramblings, but make your own mind up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5IFuDjoKsc

Was Dean telling Renee he's messing around?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 13:58

I've been calling the whole Ambrose turn on Reigns for a while now, even if it were just to keep Seth champion and I actually still think that might be the way theyll go but after that exchange it just felt all too familiar

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 14:02

Kay Fabe wrote:I've been calling the whole Ambrose turn on Reigns for a while now, even if it were just to keep Seth champion and I actually still think that might be the way theyll go but after that exchange it just felt all too familiar
I'd agree. I think the breadcrumb trail has been laid with the looks Ambrose has given Reigns from time-to-time, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if WWE doesn't know anything more right now than who will win the tournament and the semi-finals.

For example, I can also see a scenario where Reigns and Ambrose don't meet because there is money in that feud down the line. Take Owens to the final and that establishes him as a top heel, and then have Ambrose's "why not me" and turn later.

And that amount of thinking is crazily disproportionate to the level of caring I have for the WWE championship.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 14:14

Prometheus wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:I've been calling the whole Ambrose turn on Reigns for a while now, even if it were just to keep Seth champion and I actually still think that might be the way theyll go but after that exchange it just felt all too familiar
I'd agree.  I think the breadcrumb trail has been laid with the looks Ambrose has given Reigns from time-to-time, etc.  It wouldn't surprise me if WWE doesn't know anything more right now than who will win the tournament and the semi-finals.  

For example, I can also see a scenario where Reigns and Ambrose don't meet because there is money in that feud down the line.  Take Owens to the final and that establishes him as a top heel, and then have Ambrose's "why not me" and turn later.  

And that amount of thinking is crazily disproportionate to the level of caring I have for the WWE championship.

Reigns beats Owens in the final, Ambrose attacks him and allows Sheamus to cash in.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 14:19

Samo wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
I'd agree.  I think the breadcrumb trail has been laid with the looks Ambrose has given Reigns from time-to-time, etc.  It wouldn't surprise me if WWE doesn't know anything more right now than who will win the tournament and the semi-finals.  

For example, I can also see a scenario where Reigns and Ambrose don't meet because there is money in that feud down the line.  Take Owens to the final and that establishes him as a top heel, and then have Ambrose's "why not me" and turn later.  

Reigns beats Owens in the final, Ambrose attacks him and allows Sheamus to cash in.

I can live with that. So you have Reigns and Ambrose celebrating, but then Ambrose turns. I suppose the biggest flaw in that plan is "what's in it for Ambrose?". Why would he be so bitter and twisted that he wants Reigns to have the title taken away? You've got to have Reigns being responsible for Ambrose missing his chance to win. I mean, I guess that Sheamus could have promised Ambrose the first title shot, but I'm also not seeing that you take Reigns all the way to the title then push him out of the picture. Unless the story is 'close at Mania', 'closer here' and finally at the next Mania he gets the full title dropped on him.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 14:43

I'm not down with Amrbose turning heel on Reigns unless itbhas immediate effect on his character, if he turns heel to enable Sheamus with the understanding he'd get the first crack at Sheamus' title then surely as his best friend Reigns would also be happy to have a fair fight with Ambrose over the Title so it'd feel like Amrbose would be screwing his pal over just to get himself in the very same spot he'd realistically find himself in regardless, it would be all a bit to swerve for swerves sake for me.

If one of them turns heel then it has to be to win the Title.

From a personal point of view I'd rather see Ambrose as Champion but im thinking I'd rather get this Reigns run started so the sooner it begins the sooner its over, if he's tied up as the Champ from now then it keeps him away from the Rumble, it also gives the WWE the chance to lose faith in him although with how low ratings are these days I'm not sure how they'd actually notice.

On the topic of a heel Reigns not having enough faces to work with I'm not so sure how accurate that is - If he turned on Ambrose then he has an instant rivalry that takes him past the Rumble, by then Cena, Orton, Sting and even Undertaker would likely be available for the lead up to WrestleMania and if the WWE are as truly high on him as led to believe then there will always remain the possibility that Rock would likely put him over too without hesitation.

Thats without even exploring the possibility that he could work again with Brock Lesnar, I feel the chances of getting a win over Lesnar vastly improve if your character can break the rules to do it, I didn't buy Reigns as a legit threat to Lesnar last WrestleMania as he was so straight but a Heel Reigns could use heel tactics to pick up the win.

Having looked at all that I actually feel there is more life in a Heel Roman Reigns as Champion than there is in a face Roman Reigns as Champ.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 19:15

I would absolutely love it, if WWE goes crazy and let's Cessaro win it.

The Rooney/Barrett segment was brilliant, the reaction of his kids when he hit Barrett made me crack up.

Think the whole show was pretty decent for a UK one, I think it also confirms it will be Brothers of Destruction vs the Wyatt Family in a handicap match.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:15

Reigns has two moves. Course he does.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:21

Was a hit and miss show.

Kind of blown the load with Kane and Taker. Guessing that was a pop for the UK crowd because it doesnt help the story much.

Shame Cesaro is in the next round with Roman but stops the boos ruining the later rounds.

Found the crowd really annoying.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:24

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Was a hit and miss show.

Kind of blown the load with Kane and Taker. Guessing that was a pop for the UK crowd because it doesnt help the story much.

Shame Cesaro is in the next round with Roman but stops the boos ruining the later rounds.

Found the crowd really annoying.

That's because WWE edited most of it out by the sounds of things apparently Reigns got booed ALOT as you would expect in England yet on the recorded version lots of cheering Laugh Can't say im surprised they do this alot.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:27

Thats not quite why I found the crowd annoying. You could see them giving HHH loads of praise, and they started the We are awesome chant, my least favourite

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:30

It just sounded fairly dull there in general was extremely odd.

Survivor Series:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:34

Fernando wrote:It just sounded fairly dull there in general was extremely odd.

Survivor Series:

Spoiler:
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:37

Prometheus wrote:
Fernando wrote:It just sounded fairly dull there in general was extremely odd.

Survivor Series:

Spoiler:

Well SD hasn't finished taping yet so may still be Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 23:19

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Thats not quite why I found the crowd annoying. You could see them giving HHH loads of praise, and they started the We are awesome chant, my least favourite

What's worse is some fat scouse bloke in the crowd slapped Wade Barrett and security didn't even get involved.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 11:12

Zeb struck a nerve when he said Germany tells them what to do and even Scotland doesn't want anything to do with them. Colter said he wouldn't be surprised to turn on the TV and discover that Vladimir Putin was telling them what to do. Colter said it wasn't that long ago that the English women weren't shaving their arm pits or wearing deodorant. Del Rio said England is populated by ignorant haters.

I am deeply offended Laugh
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 12:08

nadeem2099 wrote:Zeb struck a nerve when he said Germany tells them what to do and even Scotland doesn't want anything to do with them. Colter said he wouldn't be surprised to turn on the TV and discover that Vladimir Putin was telling them what to do. Colter said it wasn't that long ago that the English women weren't shaving their arm pits or wearing deodorant. Del Rio said England is populated by ignorant haters.

I am deeply offended Laugh

He's not wrong.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 12:20

Damn heels telling the truth

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 13:55

Feck the 'We Are Awesome' chant

The only time i found it funny was that one post-Mania show when the crowd decided to bury Sheamus vs Orton.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 16:59

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Reigns has two moves. Course he does.

With all the injuries around WWE stars, its probably actually pretty smart that Reigns just stick to the Spear and Superman punch. How many house shows and TV tapings will he have to work? I mean you look at the move that injured Rollins, which seemed to be a flip from the top rope over Kane to powerbomb Kane through a table. That's a fairly big move, and a really big move for a house show.

You do these moves 200 times a year and even on a 0.5% chance you get injured, you will get injured. And then you've also got the repetition of doing them over and over on your body.

The latter may prove a problem with the Spear in the long term. But at least for now it is a relatively safe wrestling move that kind of equates to the opponent taking a flat back bump that they can sell big time. And neither move requires Reigns to lift his opponent, which given a past of hernia injuries is maybe something that he and WWE are concerned by.

We can have an argument another day over whether this limited arsenal (with no requirement to take control of your opponent's body) is limited by Reigns' wrestling skills. But if Reigns wants to work as a main eventer and WWE want him to work a couple of hundred shows a year, you've got to be smart to a degree on how you approach that.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Uzeboo Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 17:53

I enjoyed the show. The Undertaker pretty much made it for most of the crowd (the guy in front of me telling his mate it was the best day of his life!)

The chanting was generally fine. Yes the "we are awesome" was a bit annoying.

Having watched it back, they really did edit the chants during the Reigns match a lot. Reigns got a huge amount of grief, Big Show was on the receiving end of "you fat I am a twonk of the highest order" & a chant of "boring" dominated the rest of the match. This was obvious enough for Big Show to pick up the mic mid-match & acknowledge it. They even did a good job of editing the Mexican Wave that was going on too!

Maybe I'm showing my age but I didn't particularly like the lad across the aisle from me shouting things like "Reigns you c***" and "Bryan suck me off". There were plenty of young kids around & personally I thought it was a shame they had to put up with 1 or 2 idiots who still think swearing is hilarious.

Overall I think the UK crowd got a decent show & possibly the final chance to see the Deadman.

Dr_Uzeboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down