The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of Corruption

4 posters

Go down

Age of Corruption Empty Age of Corruption

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:27 am

Corruption is the abuse of bestowed power or position to acquire a personal benefit.

Corruption may include many activities including bribery and embezzlement. Government, or 'political'.

There has been a very rapid increase in various sectors from political to commercial, sporting to governmental institutions.

It seems that the word currupt is not exclusive to third world governments. The western world has seen a worrying assent of dodgy dealings which apparently has been going on for donkeys years.

FIFA and Athletics have recently hit the headlines for blanket corruption which has poisened once wholesome institutions.

How worried are people about this ugly trend?

Its becoming so rampant at the moment that it is trickeling down into everyday life. Look at the state of football. Since the money men have entered the fray the purity of the game has died making room for commercial gain and the creation of the overpaid, immature, professional.

Whats to be done?...if anything

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Age of Corruption Empty Re: Age of Corruption

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:55 am

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:18 pm

You conveniently forgot to mention the Church...before you start banging on about how following the ways of God may be the key to our salvation. Just thought I'd save you the job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:53 pm

Trend?

Corruption has always been part of human nature, from the great body of the Roman Empire to the evil expanse of the Catholic Church, and through to the present day.

Corruption is a constant, not a trend.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:21 pm

You're wrong we are in the satellite 24/7 news age...

Think what corruption was like before it...

Only seems more corrupt because corruption is being diagnosed more these days !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down