The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC 1st Round Group E

+2
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
6 posters

Go down

Please vote for the 2 wrestlers you believe have generated the best work over the past 12-18 months

V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_lcap50%V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 20 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_lcap13%V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_lcap0%V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_lcap5%V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_lcap0%V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_lcap15%V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_lcap17%V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 40

Poll closed

V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Empty V2 WWC 1st Round Group E

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting guys, fell asleep last night

Please vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the past 12-18 months

Remember each person is allowed 2 votes per group in the first round

Please leave a comment as to who you have voted for and why to help facilitate discussion

The group will be closed at 23.00 tonight and no votes will be counted past that point

The top 2 will progress in to round 2

Happy WWC-ing  thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 1st Round Group E Empty Re: V2 WWC 1st Round Group E

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:10 am

Rusev and no one is how I'm feeling right now

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:19 am

Went for Rusev as he's been brillaint, and Barrett as he's been consistent. Booked poorly but doesnt have bad matches.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:11 am

This is an easy one for me. Rusev and Ospreay.

Zack Sabre Jr absolutely definitely deserves every bit of praise and recognition he's getting right now. But, I think Ospreay is better. He can mat wrestle, he can high fly, he's worked hardcore with Havoc. I said about how talented and young Fenix is. This guy is in exactly the same boat. If he keeps fit, he can achieve anything.

Rusev. Two years ago, I thought WWE had a man who could legitimately challenge Lesnar at the upcoming Mania. I don't know why, but WWE gave away his streak to Cena and then gave him the absolutely horrendous angle with Lana, Ziggler, et al. How he has managed to clamber through the carnage of some dog turd matches (like the 4 corners) and the focus on the women rather than his skills in the ring, I don't know. V

Young and Hardy have both done their bits in a dying TNA. That deserves credit.

The Ascension I didn't really ever get, and they've done nothing. Barrett, has all the parts, but just doesn't put it together.

Brian Cage. I think there are two sides to him. A motivated wrestler and one who goes through the motions. I thought LU did a great job of introducing him and his early work there. But then he kind of went off the boil. And he delivers those 3* matches in PWG without ever really killing it. He'd be my 3rd pick here, but is some way behind the first two.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:39 am

Went for Rusev and Ospreay. Huge fan of Will Ospreay, the guy is sensational. And Rusev's initial US Title run falls within these timescales so deserves credit, needs to be booked better but has been well worth watching since debuting.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:52 am

Going for Rusev and Ospreay

Rusev's US title work was great, the guy is the master of the sub 10 minute hoss fight, looking more recently despite the crap booking he's been dealt he's actually gone up my estimations as he should be dead but instead he's done his best to make the whole thing workable, plus he came out at mania in a tank! *****

Ospreay on the other hand has just been outstanding in ring all year long, matches against Sydal, Styles, Okada, Strong, Havoc and Andrews all spring to mind, he's become the man in Progress and is well on his way to doing the same in Rev Pro if he isn't all ready, he made an excellent impression on his US debut at BOLA, coupled with New Japan's clear interest in him (he keeps getting the big matches) I'm predicting even bigger things for him in 2016

Quick comments on the other guys

Barrett has been a decent consistent guy in the WWE mid card but nothing more

Hardy did OK things with his brother in TNA but was curtailed by injury

Not enough gets made of how truly awful the Ascension are, Will Ospreay would have been 10 when Konnor started training and he's 100x the worker he is already

Young was another guy who had an under the radar good year in TNA as a top card heel but I couldn't vote for him

Brian Cage, hasn't had his best year in PWG, I don't think the booking has done him many favours though, BOLA was a good example where he got 2 matches over the 3 nights that lasted probably less than 20 minutes between them, he has been much more featured in LU and has performed well but honestly I prefer him as the crazy spectacle that is 619 hitting, stalling suplex holding, Steiner Screwdriver wielding Cage he is in PWG, I can't speak to his work in AAA but I've heard no buzz to suggest he's lighting the world on fire

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:02 am

Rusev the obvious winner of the group, of the rest Barrett won kotr and has had some good matches despite being booked even worse than cesaro!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:02 am

Voting is closed for today

Congratulations to Rusev who 'crushed' the opposition finishing in first place with an impressive 20 votes

Will Ospreay finishes 2nd with 7 votes narrowly beating Eric Young into 3rd place

The V2 WWC will resume tomorrow with Groups G & H

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down