The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons Premiership Select vs Connacht Eagles

+2
Luckless Pedestrian
GavinDragon
6 posters

Go down

Dragons Premiership Select vs Connacht Eagles  Empty Dragons Premiership Select vs Connacht Eagles

Post by GavinDragon Fri 13 Nov 2015, 13:38

15. GR Jones
14. E Frewen
13. B Nightingale
12. A Jones
11. A Warren
10. A O'Brien
9. L Jones

1. L Garrett
2. H Gustafson (captain)
3. L Fairbrother
4. S Andrews
5. A Sweet
6. S Matthews
7. J Benjamin
8. H Keddie.

Replacements: R Thomas, R Cornock, A Jeffries, A Brown, L Crocker, O Davies, A Robson.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Dragons Premiership Select vs Connacht Eagles  Empty Re: Dragons Premiership Select vs Connacht Eagles

Post by Guest Fri 13 Nov 2015, 13:41

I like the look of this team. Good to see the lesser spotted Angus getting a run.

Back to top Go down

Dragons Premiership Select vs Connacht Eagles  Empty Re: Dragons Premiership Select vs Connacht Eagles

Post by GavinDragon Fri 13 Nov 2015, 14:09

I am looking forward to watching them play at home and seeing how Nightingale, Garrett and Matthews get on. If I remember correctly, Matthews is a very good player but perhaps not fit enough to be a pro at this point?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 13 Nov 2015, 14:09

It is also good to see Richie Cornock get tested at this level.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Nov 2015, 15:16

Don't think there's anything wrong with Matthews personally. Has a bit of a Steffan Armitage look about him granted, but I'd still prefer him over Benjamin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Nov 2015, 15:17

With the way Phil Price is going, hopefully Garrett will be given a chance with the seniors soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 13 Nov 2015, 15:20

Risca Rev wrote:Don't think there's anything wrong with Matthews personally. Has a bit of a Steffan Armitage look about him granted, but I'd still prefer him over Benjamin.

definitely. Looking forward to going to the other grounds in the region as well.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Nov 2015, 15:21

That's a handy team. Plenty of talent coming through. I'd forgotten all about Barney Nightingale.

I'm more excited by that XV than I am by the full Dragons XV for the Sale game (with a few exceptions). Some of these players should be given a shot.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Nov 2015, 15:23

GavinDragon wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Don't think there's anything wrong with Matthews personally. Has a bit of a Steffan Armitage look about him granted, but I'd still prefer him over Benjamin.

definitely. Looking forward to going to the other grounds in the region as well.

I take it these aren't covered by the season ticket?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 13 Nov 2015, 15:30

A Warren on the wing is Aaron Warren, the younger brother of Adam the centre. Apparently on loan to the Dragons (not sure how long for). But I would say he will be out to prove his worth, a solid, and nippy winger.

Fair play that is a strong side though. Good to see this comp is being taken seriously
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 13 Nov 2015, 15:32

I think they are. Well that is what I have been told, but I will check with the Dragons direct.

Even if they are not it shouldnt be more than £5

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Nov 2015, 15:39

That really is a strong back row.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Nov 2015, 19:12

Pretty gutted this isn't covered by the season ticket. I would've loved to go to these, but I don't really want to pay premiership prices.

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 13 Nov 2015, 20:25

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:

Ours (Ospreys) are

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 13:59

wayne wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:

Ours (Ospreys) are

I'm not surprised. I believe they should be included in ours too, considering we've lost the LV.

Last edited by Risca Rev on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 16:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 15:41

24-0 to Dragons Premiership Select off the last update. Tries for Adam Jones, Super Luc and a pen try. Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 15:45

34-3. Super, smashing, great. James Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 15:55

Can we buy a season ticket JUST for the premiership select matches? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 14 Nov 2015, 17:06

Good win. I know that's the former Wales U20 back-row but I never thought much of them. Good to know Garrett and Cornock are getting game time at a high level.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 14 Nov 2015, 18:33

Griff wrote:Can we buy a season ticket JUST for the premiership select matches? Wink

+1

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 14 Nov 2015, 20:02

Griff wrote:Can we buy a season ticket JUST for the premiership select matches? Wink

Buy a season ticket at each club the Drags A side visit on the road and the BIC games will all be included I reckon.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 15 Nov 2015, 11:30

Just been confirmed that that the games at the regional grounds are all pay.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down