The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackwell vs Arnfield C5 Saturday

+3
Happytravelling
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
7 posters

Go down

Blackwell vs Arnfield C5 Saturday Empty Blackwell vs Arnfield C5 Saturday

Post by hazharrison Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:47 pm

Good domestic fight this - anyone tuning in?

Britain has an excellent domestic middleweight division at the minute with the likes of Langford, Etches, Ryder and Doran on the way up and matches such as Lee vs Saunders and Eubank vs O' Sullivan on the horizon.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Blackwell vs Arnfield C5 Saturday Empty Re: Blackwell vs Arnfield C5 Saturday

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:58 pm

Never been impressed with Blackwell. Though he has a lot of heart...certainly didn't expect him to turn Ryder who was very disappointing !!.

I imagine the plan is to try to get Blackwell a lonsdale outright. Arnfield has a 20% ko record and as Blackwell is a big favorite 1/7 I imagine he isn't a great technician either....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 13 Nov 2015, 3:04 pm

Arnfield's a tidy enough boxer - just probably doesn't hit hard enough to deter Blackwell (especially when he gets a head of steam up).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 15 Nov 2015, 1:42 am

It wasn't a bad fight.

When I saw Blackwell against Murray, I had relatively high hopes for him, being so raw and with room to improve.

But, I have to say, he seems to be happy to outwork and out muscle fighters. Sadly, that will only get him to euro level or a 'lucky' world belt.

His boxing ability doesn't seem to improve and it has to if he wants to step up to the highest level.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 15 Nov 2015, 7:55 am

I enjoyed the fight. Perhaps some of the more established fighters need to take a leaf out of these guys' book - I don't think that the ref had to separate them once.

Expected result but entertaining. Was it just me or was Andrew Selby fighting a 12 year old?!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 15 Nov 2015, 9:24 am

Thought it was a good fight last night and had it closer than 2 of the judges and Woodhall (Not sure why you'd expect a boxer with no power to try and power through the actual power puncher but hey ho.)

Thought the commentary was diabolical and struggle to understand why anyone new to boxing would stay to watch the next bouts when all they do is laud one guy whilst putting the other down. Plus if your gonna mention the guys last fight, at least tell us if he won or lost.

Arnfield did himself proud and with a bit more pop in his punches could have really had Blackwell in trouble. Blackwell was good for the win though but needs to shore his defences up a bit more.

I thought that too Mr B, not sure what that's done for Andrew Selby (did I hear correct his nickname is A/C (as in air conditioning???) other than put a W on his record. Thought he looked crisp and clean though and should start moving through the ranks now.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 15 Nov 2015, 2:44 pm

Good fight Blackwell is a Euro Level at best, Andrew Selby has the potential to go all the way and will be at a world title quite quick as he will be fast tracked. I just hope he gets the exposure he deserves

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:39 pm

Gutted that I didn't realise this was on. Will try and catch up on it. Andrew Selby saying he hopes to be fighting for a world title in his 10th fight. Should be interesting to keep an eye on over the next few years.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down