The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spud-U-Like? Surely you will after this!

4 posters

Go down

Spud-U-Like? Surely you will after this! Empty Spud-U-Like? Surely you will after this!

Post by Adam D Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:55 pm

Any reason for a great pun in a title of a thread!

TNA Wrestling’s Rockstar Spud becomes an Ambassador for Starlight

Starlight Children’s Foundation is delighted to announce that TNA wrestler Rockstar Spud has become an Ambassador for the charity, which grants wishes for seriously and terminally ill children and provides entertainment in hospitals and hospices across the UK.

The former two-time TNA X-Division Champion is the charity’s first ever pro wrestling Ambassador and joins Matt Smith, Keira Knightley, Rupert Grint and Sienna Miller as a Starlight Ambassador.

Rockstar Spud granted a wish for six year old wrestling mega-fan Reegon in July this year. Reegon was born with severe heart defects and wished to meet his wrestling idol. With the help of TNA, Starlight arranged for the two of them to spend the day together. Rockstar Spud was incredibly moved by the experience and described the meeting as the “best day of my life”.

Commenting on becoming an Ambassador, Rockstar Spud said: “When Starlight approached me to become an Ambassador for their charity it dawned on me that this is the first time a professional wrestler born in the United Kingdom has been given such an amazing opportunity to work with a charity like Starlight, who grant wishes for terminally ill children across the UK.

“The best gift this industry has given me is the ability to put smiles on people's faces. Professional wrestling gives children a window to forget all of life's problems, live vicariously through their heroes on the screen and express their emotions.

“I have seen first hand how much of an impact a Starlight Wish can have on a seriously ill child; it really does make a massive difference to them and their family. I am so proud to be able to call myself a Starlight Ambassador and I'm excited about the possibilities this partnership will bring."

Starlight and TNA Wrestling have already worked together on four projects over the last year, with children meeting wrestling heroes and international superstars including Rockstar Spud, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy and Drew Galloway.

In his ambassadorial role, Birmingham-born Rockstar Spud will help grant wishes, attend Starlight’s Escape Days and encourage more TNA Stars and other wrestlers to support the charity.

Neil Swan, Chief Executive of Starlight Children’s Foundation, said, “We are thrilled to welcome Rockstar Spud on board as an Ambassador. It is fabulous to have someone as passionate and dedicated to our cause as Rockstar Spud. He really is a true role model to so many of our Starlight children and we sincerely look forward to working with him.”

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Spud-U-Like? Surely you will after this! Empty Re: Spud-U-Like? Surely you will after this!

Post by Prometheus Fri 27 Nov 2015, 2:00 pm

Good news. Should result in more spec-taters Whistle
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Spud-U-Like? Surely you will after this! Empty Re: Spud-U-Like? Surely you will after this!

Post by Adam D Fri 27 Nov 2015, 2:04 pm

That gag deserves a rock star stadium entrance!

music Wee-vill, wee-vill rock you music

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 27 Nov 2015, 2:10 pm

Adam D wrote:That gag deserves a rock star stadium entrance!

music Wee-vill, wee-vill rock you  music

And maybe an announcement putting it over by the commen-taters. (I've stopped now)
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 27 Nov 2015, 3:05 pm

Not a fan of Spud as a wrestler but I met him after ICW and he was a top guy, really down to earth and didnt have a problem talking with anyone. Doesnt surprise me that he's getting into this kind of thing. Well played chap. clap

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 30 Nov 2015, 4:44 pm

Already liked Spud but great to see he's getting recognition outside the wrestling world now. Seems like a genuinely nice guy and I'm sure he'll do TNA and the UK proud in his new role.

Lets just hope TNA haven't had their chips yet! Wink

I'll get me coat... Run
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 30 Nov 2015, 5:30 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Lets just hope TNA haven't had their chips yet! Wink

I yam appalled you'd make that joke
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down