The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Haye Skint?

+5
kingraf
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
jimdig
AdamT
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Is Haye Skint? Empty Is Haye Skint?

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:39 am

Boxingscene have an article that states he was arrested in Dubai airport for having a 317K cheque bounce, and that a few days earlier his CC bounced at a restaurant. If he is coming back for financial reasons and not hunger, expect to see him splatted. His game is speed. At 35, I imagine some of that has diminished.

What do you think he can do?

http://www.boxingscene.com/david-haye-denies-he-returned-due-financial-issues--98885

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Is Haye Skint? Empty Re: Is Haye Skint?

Post by AdamT Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:43 am

He is looking a few quick paydays. He really doesn't want to fight Fury, Joshua etc. At least not for the glory. It's all about the money.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:53 am

From the article it certainly reads that way. He never mentions (or is not quoted) that's he's not broke.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:08 am

Who the hell writes a cheque for £317k???

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:09 am

Haye genuinely doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would blow the type of money he's made in a few years. Always figured Haye was less a "let me buy something to prove I'm rich" and more a person who liked looking at how fat his bank account was.

Reckon he's simply realised since the two Fury debacle that contrary to his belief, he most certainly can't make boxing money outside of boxing. Which ks fair enough. Theres very few walks of life where you'll get away with making nearly £10 million for the combined effor he put into Ruiz and Harrison
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:06 am

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:Who the hell writes a cheque for £317k???
I guess you can't put that much on your credit card.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:57 pm

the cheque was actually subcontract works for a gym that was supposed to open in Dubai, i've been working out in Dubai for the last few years and they gym was right beside my office, it was supposed to be a high end gym targeting corporate types, i think the member ship was going to be in the region of £120 per month!!!!!!!

they were promoting the gym and offering one years membership for £1000 up front payment which equates to about £80 per month which is the norm out here, anyway i considered it and then remembered Hayes history of pulling out of fights and thought better of it.

this was 2 years ago and the gym has never opened, think quite a few got stung for £1000

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:45 pm

irishbrads wrote:the cheque was actually subcontract works for a gym that was supposed to open in Dubai, i've been working out in Dubai for the last few years and they gym was right beside my office, it was supposed to be a high end gym targeting corporate types, i think the member ship was going to be in the region of £120 per month!!!!!!!

they were promoting the gym and offering one years membership for £1000 up front payment which equates to about £80 per month which is the norm out here, anyway i considered it and then remembered Hayes history of pulling out of fights and thought better of it.

this was 2 years ago and the gym has never opened, think quite a few got stung for £1000

He was also banging a girl in Dubai

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:27 am

Mayweather came back because he was skint. Though he could defs generate more than Haye
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:39 am

I could see Haye getting too big for his boots investment wise and putting large amounts of money into crappy investments. Why was he in Dubai anyway? Tax exile?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:57 am

Probably been told there is oil in the pennines and he's put all his money in...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down