The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Pool 1: Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January

+20
mikey_dragon
LeinsterFan4life
Cyril
brennomac
neilthom7
VinceWLB
scrummy
profitius
Rory_Gallagher
Pot Hale
toml
wrfc1980
eirebilly
marty2086
The Great Aukster
rodders
Notch
Don Alfonso
Pete330v2
George Carlin
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1:  Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January - Page 3 Empty Champions Cup Pool 1: Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January

Post by George Carlin Tue 05 Jan 2016, 6:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Champions Cup Pool 1:  Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January - Page 3 Oyonna10                                             Champions Cup Pool 1:  Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January - Page 3 Ulster13
Union Sportive Oyonnax Rugby v Ulster Rugby
Sunday 10 January 2016
KO 14:00
Stade Charles Mathon, Oyonnax

Live on beIN Sports / Sky Sports

Referee Luke Pearce (England)
Touch Judge 1 Paul Dix (England)
Touch Judge 2 Andrew Small (England)
Fourth Official Thomas Chereque (France)
TMO Geoff Warren (England)
Assessor Clayton Thomas (Wales)
Citing Commissioner Ray Wilton (Wales)

A. Head to Head

#These teams are meeting for the first time.

B. Recent European Form

Oyonnax Rugby

19/12/15: Saracens 55 - 13 Oyonnax
13/12/15: Oyonnax 10 - 45 Saracens
21/11/15: Toulouse 24 - 18 Oyonnax

Ulster Rugby

20/12/15: Toulouse 23 - 25 Ulster
11/12/15: Ulster 38 - 0 Toulouse
20/11/15: Ulster 9 - 27 Saracens

C. Teams

Oyonnax Rugby
Champions Cup Pool 1:  Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January - Page 3 Poodle10

(15-9) Q Etienne, D Codjo, A Taufa, E Sheridan, U Tawalo, N Robinson, J Blanc
(1-8) L Delboulbès, J Maurouard, M Clerc, G Robson, F Metz, P Gunther, M Fa'asavalu, P Wannenburg

Replacements (16-23)16 Bordes, S Wright, H Pungea, L Power, V Maafu, A Aziza, R Clegg, D Ikpefan

Ulster Rugby
Champions Cup Pool 1:  Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January - Page 3 Irish-10

(15-9): C Gilroy; S Arnold, L Marshall, S McCloskey, R Scholes; I Humphreys, P Marshall;
(1-8): K McCall, R Best (capt), R Lutton; L Stevenson, F van der Merwe; R Diack, C Henry, R Wilson

Replacements (16-23): R Herring, C Black, B Ross, N Williams, Sean Reidy, R Pienaar, P Jackson, L Ludik.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1:  Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 1: Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January

Post by Don Alfonso Mon 11 Jan 2016, 12:04 am

Class isn't permanent. Every player enters a terminal decline at some stage. Over the last five years we've all seen the grisly death throes of the careers of ROG and Darce. And periodically ROG would have a good game, and people would trot out that line about class and form. Sexton has been ropey enough at the highest level for a while now. Maybe if he was dropped, it might focus his mind.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1:  Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 1: Oyonnax v Ulster, 10 January

Post by rodders Mon 11 Jan 2016, 9:09 am

Well what to say about that - terrible first half, unbelievable second. Whole season was on the line there and a lot of guys stepped up to the plate. Contrast with Munster, it shows the belief and spirit in the squad,

Pienaar and Jackson totally changed the game, which doesn't look good on Humph and Marsh, although the 1st half wasn't just down to them.

McCloskey is something else, the total package in midfield and for me every other midfielder in the squad is playing for one position.

McCall super again, Rory Best, Scholes, Gilroy, Pienaar, Jackson as well - we got out of jail but at 23 points down you take any result,so can't complain, but we'll need a huge improvement in the next two weeks to secure a QF spot.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 9:25 am

Despite thinking we needed to and should have been coming away from that fixture with a bonus point after being 23-0 down it's just a relief. It's less the fact that we still have a European lifeline and more the fact that we can look so beaten yet have the togetherness and mental strength to pull that win out of the hat. Don't you just know at half time chunky would have had his 'Oh Dear' comment typed and ready to send Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon 11 Jan 2016, 9:59 am

Pete330v2 wrote: Don't you just know at half time chunky would have had his 'Oh Dear' comment typed and ready to send Smile

I'm asked not to contribute to these types of threads, yet I'm still antagonised when I haven't even posted. You're obsessed. Do the board a favour and grow the hell up.

Well done Ulster, good win.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 11:16 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote: Don't you just know at half time chunky would have had his 'Oh Dear' comment typed and ready to send Smile

I'm asked not to contribute to these types of threads, yet I'm still antagonised when I haven't even posted. You're obsessed. Do the board a favour and grow the hell up.

That bit made me really laugh out loud coming from you. Nice one chunkles, funny for a rare change

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Mon 11 Jan 2016, 12:58 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote: Well done Ulster, good win.

Thanks, Chunks.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Mon 11 Jan 2016, 3:35 pm

Have to say I never thought PJ had that sort of distance for a peno. It wasn't as if the ball just snuck over the bar, it cleared it by miles and when the ball passed over the dead ball line it still looked high enough.to have cleared the bar. If he was 10m inside his own half that kick would have cleared the bar or gone very close.

Hopefully this has given PJ confidence in his goal kicking and the occasional yips are gone. Everything in his game is going great and no question he should be in Ireland 23 v Wales. Still think Joe will start with Sexton though.

Also have to say haven't seen much of McCall before now but he was a monster v Oyonnax. Way he took the ball from Best for his try really good. A great prospect and with Healy out of firm, Cronin and Buckley injured, arguably he's second only to Jack McG right now. Healy will be in the 23 though.

Can't add to what's been said before about McCloskey - best young prospect I've seen in years and should start v Wales. Scholes took his try really well and also looks a good prospect.

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 11 Jan 2016, 5:37 pm

There was a strong wind the whole game - about a 23/24 point one to be exact!
Passes that were going behind players into the wind were nicely in front of players with it. The difference in Nicky Robinson's range was notable after the turnaround.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 11 Jan 2016, 6:12 pm

Well this thread went on a downward spiral...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:24 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

That bit made me really laugh out loud coming from you. Nice one chunkles, funny for a rare change

Given both your posting history's towards one another then why did you mention him out of the blue? That comes across as bit obsessive. The wolf pack mentality on here needs to go on a permanent vacation.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:20 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

Given both your posting history's towards one another then why did you mention him out of the blue? That comes across as bit obsessive. The wolf pack mentality on here needs to go on a permanent vacation.

So perhaps the Trolls need to do the same Mikey. As you well know, Chunky and his boyfriend LD have been stalking Ulster threads for a heck of a long time with their nonsense. As soon as they get a bit back they whinge like little girls. Chunky has been asked by Mods not to post on Ulster threads which speaks volumes yet he still feels the need to check in on them?

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:35 am

yappysnap wrote:How unprofessional is Morris on the commentary. You couldn't get more one sided. Criticising everything Oyonax and OTT with anything Ulster, to the extent of cheering Ulster tries.

Don't get me wrong, great game and great fight back by Ulster, but Morris ruined a lot of the game for me.

Where was he commentating?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:36 am

yappysnap wrote:How unprofessional is Morris on the commentary. You couldn't get more one sided. Criticising everything Oyonax and OTT with anything Ulster, to the extent of cheering Ulster tries.

Don't get me wrong, great game and great fight back by Ulster, but Morris ruined a lot of the game for me.

I know. But I dunno why. He doesn't have any connection to Ulster.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:42 am

Sky have always targetted the Irish market, championing the Irish sides and Dewi knows the job well.

They're obviously giving the pro12 sides the push at the minute as well - BT sports have the premiership rights sowed up so sky need to throw their weight behind the pro 12 sides.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:55 am

Morris can't even pronounce Pienaar's name, he keeps calling him Pinnar, grrrrrrr.

He did also give a big cheer when Paddy's penalty went over at the end which isn't what he should be doing but it goes to show everyone loves a comeback like that.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 12 Jan 2016, 12:06 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

So perhaps the Trolls need to do the same Mikey. As you well know, Chunky and his boyfriend LD have been stalking Ulster threads for a heck of a long time with their nonsense. As soon as they get a bit back they whinge like little girls. Chunky has been asked by Mods not to post on Ulster threads which speaks volumes yet he still feels the need to check in on them?

Laugh Well it looks as if he stopped by to congratulate Ulster, you wouldn't take offence to that surely? I know there is animosity between said posters and some Irish, I read it quite often. With that in mind I think it was a bad idea to mention Chunky out of the blue like that. I hope you don't think I'm taking sides, I agree and disagree with those Welsh posters and some Irish posters quite often - so I'm firmly on the fence thumbsup.

As I've also said it was a good win by Ulster and I have only just noticed the team, it seems a few players were rested? Or injured, either way I hope those players are back soon because we're all rooting for you to take out the unstoppable Saracens! I've nothing against Sarries either by the way, they're a damned good team. I just like to see the top teams get beat!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 12 Jan 2016, 12:29 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

Laugh Well it looks as if he stopped by to congratulate Ulster, you wouldn't take offence to that surely? I know there is animosity between said posters and some Irish, I read it quite often. With that in mind I think it was a bad idea to mention Chunky out of the blue like that. I hope you don't think I'm taking sides, I agree and disagree with those Welsh posters and some Irish posters quite often - so I'm firmly on the fence thumbsup.

As I've also said it was a good win by Ulster and I have only just noticed the team, it seems a few players were rested? Or injured, either way I hope those players are back soon because we're all rooting for you to take out the unstoppable Saracens! I've nothing against Sarries either by the way, they're a damned good team. I just like to see the top teams get beat!

On a number of occasions after Ulster were beaten this season Chunky came onto the Ulster threads to gloat and troll and WUM so his latest comment should be taken with a large pile of salt Wink

Anyway, enough of that. I don't see where we can compete with Sarries at the moment but when the two teams hit the turf who knows. Ulster can turn on great performances but our players need to up the level and then some. I think everyone like to see the mighty Sarries humbled but I'd be more than happy with a losing bonus point which is all we really need. A win for us and I might just crack open that very special bottle of whiskey I've been keeping along with a box of party poppers Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 12 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm

Last week Sarries starting 15 was without Itoje, Barritt, Wyles, Wigglesworth and Rhodes so they may all come back in this weekend. With them losing to Quins too they will be fired up an not want to lose two games in a row Shocked

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:40 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:On a number of occasions after Ulster were beaten this season Chunky came onto the Ulster threads to gloat and troll and WUM so his latest comment should be taken with a large pile of salt

While that may be true, you can't go around throwing out bait for other posters and not expect it to to derail the thread. Honestly 'trolling a troll' does not make you much better- at the end of the day we want threads to stick to talking about rugby in a civil and mature fashion and having a pop at some other poster doesn't help, no matter how justified you feel it might be.

I would say- take the higher road with regards to this kind of behaviour and we're less likely to see threads derailed in the way this one has been.
OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 12 Jan 2016, 7:11 pm

Jacko second best kicker in Europe this season so far, second only to Carter. He's on 15/17 - 88%.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 12 Jan 2016, 7:41 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:Jacko second best kicker in Europe this season so far, second only to Carter. He's on 15/17 - 88%.

Only 88%? That's it, he is not good enough for Ireland selection Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 10:28 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:Jacko second best kicker in Europe this season so far, second only to Carter. He's on 15/17 - 88%.

Yeah, if ever proof was needed how poor a kicker he is, that's it. No way will Joe consider him with that kicking percentage. He really needs to sort out his inconsistency for Ulsters sake, as well as Irelands.

...some would say Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:18 pm

To be fair, he hasn't had many from the touchline in this tournament. Nailed a beautiful one at the weekend though! I do think he has progressed mind you.

Actually, the reason I would pick Sexton has nothing to do with placekicking and everything to do with his leadership/personality. Jackson is also a natural in this department and will be a worthy successor to Sexton, and from this point onwards is his peer and is pushing him, but I do feel we need those big personalities in the team to lead the way post-O'Connell.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 14 Jan 2016, 11:36 pm

I agree Notch, Ireland need players the rest of the team look up to for direction and Sexton fits that bill. Jackson is too much of a newbie to command that respect even though he is a leader.

Looks as though fat Stan will miss the return - I noticed the tackle at the time and thought he could be in trouble, even though Pearce missed it. Wright will be a loss because having played at Ravenhill before he could have steered them through the game.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 14 Jan 2016, 11:48 pm

I always doubted Jackson but I think he will be good enough to take over from Sexton in a season or two. Ulster's investment in the wee laddy is paying dividends.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 1:08 am

Notch wrote:To be fair, he hasn't had many from the touchline in this tournament. Nailed a beautiful one at the weekend though! I do think he has progressed mind you.

Actually, the reason I would pick Sexton has nothing to do with placekicking and everything to do with his leadership/personality. Jackson is also a natural in this department and will be a worthy successor to Sexton, and from this point onwards is his peer and is pushing him, but I do feel we need those big personalities in the team to lead the way post-O'Connell.

And yet when I say that Jackson's kicking is not that important as he brings so much more, you and Rory shoot me down? Even when it is clear that Jackson is the form 10 in Ireland you change the goal posts again and state that its not his goal kicking keeping him out but his leadership... You placed so much emphasis on place kicking yet now you say its leadership?

I could not make this up...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 15 Jan 2016, 10:17 am

What is your problem Billy? When have I or Notch shot you down for saying anything about Jackson? We are obviously both huge fans of the guy (and I remember Notch speaking about his huge potential long before anyone else on here). I have said that consistency with his goal kicking is the reason Jackson hasn't had as many caps for Ireland as he could have but if he can sort it out then he will pushing for the starting shirt. He has been kicking well this season and that is a good sign. What else do you want me to say? Obviously I won't retract my comment that he needs consistency with his goal kicking as it is true for any international 10 (who kicks at goal).

The only one making constant snide remarks is yourself. Some people will disagree with you on things and doesn't mean they lack integrity or whatever other nonsense you have spouted. Now, please get over it.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 10:46 am

Rory, when I suggested that Jackson was the form 10 in Ireland and should be selected ahead of Sexton (if he does not retain form). Yourself, Notch and rodders all claimed that his kicking would keep him out of the reckoning for Irish selection, not that he was inconsistent...

rodders had the decency to admit that he was wrong.

I just find it funny that Notch placed so much emphasis on his kicking then suddenly makes a you turn and state that its not his kicking now.

I have opinions and I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me but I am at least consistent with my opinions and am not a leaf that blows in whatever direction the media does. I find it funny that opinions I have had in the past and been labelled 'bizarre' and 'lacking rugby knowledge' have somehow now become the same opinions of certain posters.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 15 Jan 2016, 10:53 am

billy in the past Jacksons kicking hurt his international prospects, that surely can't be debated. Right now there are a lack of leaders in the team, Sexton is a natural leader and organises the team which is important as the team has lost so many leaders. What was true yesterday is not always true today so while his kicking was a problem in the past when the team was filled with leaders, now its devoid of them his consistency may not be enough, saying that though Sextons passing, especially the wrap around is telegraphed a bit too often these days so if he doesn't add to his repertoire, Jackson may edge ahead

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:00 am

Marty, I am not debating that Jacksons kicks weren't consistent in the past, I just never felt that his kicking was not as bad as made out to be by some and that I thought he offered more in his control and attacking abilities to excuse the odd kick.

I believe that Jackson is a very good leader on the field and is certainly not outshone by Sexton in that regard. As you say, Sexton's wrap around is telegraphed and predictable now and defence's are quick to close him down.

If on best form, Sexton everyday but if not then for me its Jackson, I feel he is streets ahead of Madigan in his controlling of the game.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:13 am

At test level the odd kick can cost games, its those fine margins that matter and they may now count against Sexton unless he can develop his play a bit more.

The decision may not depend on 10 but 12, with guys like Marshall, McCloskey and Ringrose putting their hands up Sexton could play to guide them through a game with his experience, the other possibility is that if McCloskey and/or Marshall plays Jackson could get the nod to make use of their familiarity

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:18 am

eirebilly wrote:I just find it funny that Notch placed so much emphasis on his kicking then suddenly makes a you turn and state that its not his kicking now.

Mate, I've been championing Paddy Jackson since before he played for Ulster- I've seen him as a future first choice Ireland international since I saw him play for Ulster/Leinster U20s at the opening of the Aviva Stadium. I think he has the full repertoire of skills an out half needs, and he's had them since he came on the scene- in other words, he's a natural.

I do believe he still has some way to go to get his place kicking up to the standard it can be, and I also believe that Sexton will start because we need his leadership. How does those two things contradict each other? I'm very encouraged that Ulster are backing him as first choice place kicker, which is something I've wanted to see and I'm encouraged with his progress. I believe he has some way to go with it, but place kicking is obviously not the only factor in selection. Can you give a link to where I 'shot you down', because to be honest I've been actively trying to avoid engaging with you ever since you became very bitter and chippy towards me, so I find that unlikely.

I think it's funny you think I'm moving the goal posts to justify not picking a player who I've been championing since before you knew who he was- especially given I have defended him for his entire career. Do you not think I'll be absolutely delighted if/when Jackson ousts Sexton?

Last edited by Notch on Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:20 am

The Jackson McCloskey familiarity is a big plus for him.

I know that the odd missed kick can cost matches, I have seen Sexton miss under pressure as well to cost Leinster and Ireland matches as well as many other top kickers. That's my point, Jackson's kicking in my opinion is not that bad and he has improved greatly since being made the #1 kicker in Ulster.

What I appreciate a lot about him (and why I think he is a good leader) is his confidence in himself. that inspires those around him.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:23 am

Notch wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I just find it funny that Notch placed so much emphasis on his kicking then suddenly makes a you turn and state that its not his kicking now.

Mate, I've been championing Paddy Jackson since before he played for Ulster- I've seen him as a future first choice Ireland international since I saw him play for Ulster/Leinster U20s at the opening of the Aviva Stadium. I think he has the full repertoire of skills an out half needs, and he's had them since he came on the scene- in other words, he's a natural.

I do believe he still has some way to go to get his place kicking up to the standard it can be, and I also believe that Sexton will start because we need his leadership. How does those two things contradict each other? I'm very encouraged that Ulster are backing him as first choice place kicker, which is something I've wanted to see and I'm encouraged with his progress. I believe he has some way to go with it, but place kicking is obviously not the only factor in selection. Can you give a link to where I 'shot you down', because to be honest I've been actively trying to avoid engaging with you ever since you became very bitter and chippy towards me, so I find that unlikely.

I think it's funny you think I'm moving the goal posts to justify not picking a player who I've been championing since before you knew who he was- especially given I have defended him for his entire career. Do you not think I'll be absolutely delighted if/when Jackson ousts Sexton?

Bitter and chippy towards you, why is that Notch? Could it be that you described me as bizarre and lacking rugby knowledge for my opinions which now, funnily enough, you seem to share? I apologise for engaging you and wont be doing that in the future thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:25 am

eirebilly wrote:Bitter and chippy towards you, why is that Notch? Could it be that you described me as bizarre and lacking rugby knowledge for my opinions which now, funnily enough, you seem to share? I apologise for engaging you and wont be doing that in the future thumbsup

God, build a bridge and get over it. You're embarrassing yourself.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:26 am

Notch wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Bitter and chippy towards you, why is that Notch? Could it be that you described me as bizarre and lacking rugby knowledge for my opinions which now, funnily enough, you seem to share? I apologise for engaging you and wont be doing that in the future thumbsup

Ah, again the personal insults thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:26 am

eirebilly wrote:Rory, when I suggested that Jackson was the form 10 in Ireland and should be selected ahead of Sexton (if he does not retain form). Yourself, Notch and rodders all claimed that his kicking would keep him out of the reckoning for Irish selection, not that he was inconsistent...

rodders had the decency to admit that he was wrong.

I just find it funny that Notch placed so much emphasis on his kicking then suddenly makes a you turn and state that its not his kicking now.

I have opinions and I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me but I am at least consistent with my opinions and am not a leaf that blows in whatever direction the media does. I find it funny that opinions I have had in the past and been labelled 'bizarre' and 'lacking rugby knowledge' have somehow now become the same opinions of certain posters.

You are very good at twisting what other people say. Either that you or you are incapable of reading what people are actually saying. I have always maintained that his goal kicking is/was inconsistent and that is what has kept him out of contention. It looks as if he may now be gaining some consistency, which is helped by the fact Ulster are giving him the reigns over Pienaar. At no point does this make me wrong and I am in fact delighted that he is showing some serious form kicking at goal. It isn't my fault you fail to grasp this seemingly easy concept.

As I said please move on and stop implying I lack integrity or decency for not agreeing with your nonsense.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:33 am

eirebilly wrote:
Notch wrote:

Ah, again the personal insults thumbsup

Look I don't know what happened in your life to give you this mindset, and I'm not going to judge you for it because I've been to dark places myself and I've been far from perfect in my own conduct as a result of that. But you should know I have no hostility towards you whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, we had one difference of opinion over a very trivial matter several months ago which ultimately has no bearing on anything important. If you want to hold onto that anger and bitterness over something so meaningless it is your choice, but I would say holding onto that anger and bitterness will do you much more harm than anything I or anyone else on this forum could ever say or do. So no, I'm not going to give you the response you're looking for any more. I wish you the best of luck and good health.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidsnowman Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:58 am

by Notch Today at 12:25 pm

eirebilly wrote:
Bitter and chippy towards you, why is that Notch? Could it be that you described me as bizarre and lacking rugby knowledge for my opinions which now, funnily enough, you seem to share? I apologise for engaging you and wont be doing that in the future thumbsup

I don't think he is embarrassing himself. I think he has a valid point. You do tend to be very patronizing and completely dismissive of other peoples opinions.

Look I don't know what happened in your life to give you this mindset, and I'm not going to judge you for it because I've been to dark places myself and I've been far from perfect in my own conduct as a result of that.

That is beyond patronizing! Even for an internet forum.

Billy was battered a while back for thinking Payne was better at fullback than centre (funny thing is a lot of Ulster supporters share that view - not necessarily the ones on here). Since then he has been treated pretty negatively, in my opinion.

rapidsnowman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:08 pm

Is this a derailment of a topic by any chance? Can the perpetrators get some bold red text to tell them to stop immediately please ???? Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:09 pm

Thank you rapidsnowman thumbsup

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:10 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:Is this a derailment of a topic by any chance? Can the perpetrators get some bold red text to tell them to stop immediately please ???? Smile  

laughing
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:12 pm

If you want to perceive that as patronising, thats ok; but I'm not telling any lies. Even if I am all the things you say- patronising, dismissive, arrogant and whatever else you want to throw at me- holding onto anger about that doesn't hurt me, it hurts the person who has the anger. Much more than anything I can do or say.

I intimately understand that because I haven't had a perfect, plain sailing life (who has?). At times I have allowed difficulties in my own life to influence me on here, to make me be short with other posters, or angry, or aggressive. I understand that intimately, and I understand that the person I did the most damage too with that behaviour was myself. It's only since I've realised that I've been able to find some level of peace and balance in my life.

Is the difference of opinion about what position a player is better at in a game worth, well, anything? Isn't it meaningless? And to hold onto a grudge about that- that is self-destructive. Honestly, despite being the target of Billys passive-aggressive behaviour for the past several months I understand that it is worse for him than it is for me. It may not seem like it, but I have compassion for him as well as frustration at being baited. I know the way he feels towards me intimately. I have been down that same road.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:27 pm

I am very sorry Notch, we did have a disagreement about a players position but never at any stage did I become personal towards you. You called me bizarre and lacking rugby knowledge. Do you think that is acceptable behaviour and do you not understand why I dislike you for this?

Had you have done the decent thing and apologised then things may have been different?

Even in your posts now, you are trying judge my physiological persona in a very patronising manner.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:29 pm

eirebilly wrote:I am very sorry Notch, we did have a disagreement about a players position but never at any stage did I become personal towards you. You called me bizarre and lacking rugby knowledge. Do you think that is acceptable behaviour and do you not understand why I dislike you for this?

Had you have done the decent thing and apologised then things may have been different?

Even in your posts now, you are trying judge my physiological persona in a very patronising manner.

If you want an apology, thats fine; I'm sorry if I have caused you any distress. But you're giving me the power here. I don't want to hurt you, I don't have any animus against you whatsoever and never have. So why give what I say that status?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:32 pm

I also must say that I do not feel that I at any time directed any personal insult against you, if I felt I had I would have apologised long before now. If there is a misunderstanding between us let me now clarify that I did not intend to cause offence at any point.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:34 pm

I don't want an apology, it would simply have been the decent thing to do after such personal attacks. The fact that you do not see this say's more about you than me.

I have zero issues on this forum with posters and enjoy it on a daily basis.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:37 pm

Well I hope you continue to enjoy it and I hope that you now end your passive-aggressive attitude towards me now as well. Like I have said I have no grudge against you and never have.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidsnowman Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:43 pm

Notch, I never said you were arrogant.

I agree billy hasn't let it drop regarding Payne, but he has also been a bit tongue-in-cheek with his comments regarding it too.

If Payne plays at full back again for Ulster, or Joe even puts him there for Ireland and he performs well, billy will be unbearable no doubt!

thumbsup

rapidsnowman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:44 pm

rapidsnowman wrote:Notch, I never said you were arrogant.

I agree billy hasn't let it drop regarding Payne, but he has also been a bit tongue-in-cheek with his comments regarding it too.

If Payne plays at full back again for Ulster, or Joe even puts him there for Ireland and he performs well, billy will be unbearable no doubt!
thumbsup

No-one would be happier to see that than me. I feel like this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion and I'm fairly mystified as to why that is, but I will endeavour to learn from it and be a better poster and a better person in future. I accept my own responsibility in doing that.

In fact you'd have to say given the injuries we have in the back three at Ulster and the form of the centres, unless the IRFU interfere directly we should be playing Payne at 15. We have Bowe and Nelson out long term and we're struggling to be able to rotate our back three. We really need Payne in that position!

Last edited by Notch on Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next