The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with former Man Utd, Blackburn & Forest defender John Curtis

+3
davidl1061
golfermartin
VDT
7 posters

Go down

Interview with former Man Utd, Blackburn & Forest defender John Curtis Empty Interview with former Man Utd, Blackburn & Forest defender John Curtis

Post by VDT Wed 06 Jan 2016, 11:26 pm

http://v2journal.com/37/post/2016/01/interview-with-john-curtis.html

VDT and Trebs are joined by former Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers and Nottingham Forest defender John Curtis.

John talks us through his early career coming through the ranks at United and playing with the class of 92. Also discusses his career highlights of playing in 2 playoff finals and winning the League Cup as well as being part of the United treble winning squad in 1999.

John discusses his current role in America as technical director of the New York Club Soccer League and developing the next generation of soccer stars.

Follow John - twitter.com/JCurtisSoccer

Last edited by VDT on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Interview with former Man Utd, Blackburn & Forest defender John Curtis Empty Re: Interview with former Man Utd, Blackburn & Forest defender John Curtis

Post by golfermartin Thu 07 Jan 2016, 9:56 am

Why do football related matters warrant a global post?

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Interview with former Man Utd, Blackburn & Forest defender John Curtis Empty Re: Interview with former Man Utd, Blackburn & Forest defender John Curtis

Post by davidl1061 Thu 07 Jan 2016, 12:14 pm

Dont all interviews generally get a global post?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 07 Jan 2016, 4:05 pm

golfermartin wrote:Why do football related matters warrant a global post?

That is an odd thing to ask Curtis? Does he have knowledge of v2 policy?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Thu 07 Jan 2016, 5:06 pm

McLaren wrote:
golfermartin wrote:Why do football related matters warrant a global post?

That is an odd thing to ask Curtis?  Does he have knowledge of v2 policy?

Ha ha! very good

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 07 Jan 2016, 8:22 pm

Must admit I wondered that too. I wondered who he even was

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 07 Jan 2016, 10:45 pm

Interviews get global posts. It has long been that way when users are creating original content for the site and possibly attracting new members.

I fail to see why it bothers you, or why Davie has had to make comments on two recent threads. Remember your manners, gentlemen, you're in your ruddy 50s.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri 08 Jan 2016, 8:45 am

I don't know why I need to "remember my manners". I asked a perfectly innocent question. I have not noticed other interviews getting global posts, but that's probably just my lack of observation.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 08 Jan 2016, 8:55 am

I don't think either of us were rude - certainly not as rude as the reply. "Ruddy" may be a fairly minor expletive but it's still an expletive which neither golfermartin nor myself stooped to.

You didn't even really answer the question apart from "it's always been that way".

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 08 Jan 2016, 11:54 am

They get global posts because
A: Frankly the time and effort for the interviewer and interviewee deserve as much exposure as possible
B: Because we (the founders, admin and mods) want them to be.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 08 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm

I listened to the Curtis and Scott podcasts, both were pretty interesting. Hard to imagine anyone would object to this sort of thing being promoted on the site.

Davie

Listen to the podcast and you will find out who he is!
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri 08 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm

I wasn't objecting. I was just wondering why, when it is clearly football related, it merited a global post.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down