The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Else Tired Of Khan Now?

+21
Knowsit17
AdamT
hogey
BoxingFan88
shenglong2015
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
milkyboy
TopHat24/7
Herman Jaeger
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Hammersmith harrier
DuransHorse
jon200
huw
Coxy001
AZZJ44
ShahenshahG
Lance
catchweight
AlexHuckerby
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone Else Tired Of Khan Now? Empty Anyone Else Tired Of Khan Now?

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:56 pm

I think Khan is very talented, very good boxer and does genuinely want to face the best. It was ultra clear he wanted to take on Mayweather or Pacquiao, however I can't help thinking he has been advised terribly.

If he is so confident of beating Brook for example why on earth didn't he just take a big payday, sell out Wembley, show how financially.viable an opponent he is, actually win a world title and put himself into a position that the likes of Maywether etc. couldn't ignore.

The reason must be one of a few things, he doesn't want to risk losing to the likes of a Brook or Thurman and he's genuinely worried he will. He couldn't be bothered to prove himself as the best contender out there for one of these major fights and thought he could half-ass it against non punching contenders. Or someone was whispering in his ear, "fight him and then I think we can arrange a deal with Floyd" (Haymon most likely)

If its the last one then maybe fair enough, but after chasing for years now and getting nowhere, he's wasted a good chunk of his career, he could be a world champion by now at WW, he's not even been a champion since 2011 (could be wrong can't fully remember when the Garcia fight was) does he not feel after all this time he's messed about far too much? Playing safe is OK but when it's clearly got you nowhere why not just go for it? He won't be in his prime forever... Take 60% against Brook. Does noone else think this is the option he should be taking??

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else Tired Of Khan Now? Empty Re: Anyone Else Tired Of Khan Now?

Post by catchweight Wed 27 Jan 2016, 10:26 pm

He fights who he is told to fight. He has been unlucky to miss out on Mayweather and Pacquiao.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 27 Jan 2016, 10:42 pm

Plenty of more active boxers to entertain you. Khan is good monies worth when he finally fights but so what when he's not. It's just because he is a celebrity boxer that people get so obsessed with him. Same story with Mayweather and Haye. Some people are more interested in gossip than actual sport. When Khan gets in the ring I will watch, until then who cares, its his life

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:02 pm

To be honest. I'm getting tired of people posting are you tired of amir khan threads Laugh all the recent threads drop into the same theme. Yes he's faffing about and we'd like to see the f*cker fight brook and garcia et all he's wasting his prime.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:22 pm

Of the pair, Brook and Khan, I am a lot more tired of Brook. Khan has had at least had a top level career and provided value for money. What Khan is doing with Mayweather and Pacquiao is not really any different to what Brook is doing to Khan. If anyones wasting their career, its Brook and his who's who of C list opponents. Hes nearly 30, over 10 years and 35 fights a pro in one of the most lucrative divisions, and he hasnt really fought any top contenders.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 12:08 am

You could ask the same question of Brook depending on who you're a fan of. Brook's had one fight against a good fighter in his whole career yet you're comparing him to Khan?

Time people actually looked at these 2 fighters objectively without being led by Sky and Hearn. Khan has wanted to fight Floyd and Manny. Brook has only wanted to fight Khan. Says it all about Brook.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 8:23 am

Says it all about Brook?!?!?

Khan was never going to get the gig. He fought infront of flies against Algieri and is perceived by the majority of yanks to be a fringe player. Oh and his ratings are woeful.

So why would either give him a shot?!!!??

Whereas Brook knows he's the biggest option Khan has in terms of worldwide excitement, money and viability as the top two dogs couldn't be arsed giving a fringe guy a shot when he bought 0 to the table. Heck even Garcia thinks he's not worthy as there's bigger fights out there!

Yet Khan is doing everything he can not to fight him or anyone that can punch.

Good to see azania is back. Or maybe not

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 28 Jan 2016, 8:33 am

Coxy001 wrote:Says it all about Brook?!?!?

Khan was never going to get the gig. He fought infront of flies against Algieri and is perceived by the majority of yanks to be a fringe player. Oh and his ratings are woeful.

So why would either give him a shot?!!!??

Whereas Brook knows he's the biggest option Khan has in terms of worldwide excitement, money and viability as the top two dogs couldn't be arsed giving a fringe guy a shot when he bought 0 to the table. Heck even Garcia thinks he's not worthy as there's bigger fights out there!

Yet Khan is doing everything he can not to fight him or anyone that can punch.

Good to see azania is back. Or maybe not

Khan had both Pacman and Mayweather both talking about fighting him so he can't have been that far away from fighting either. Khan could probably fight against any of the top welters so although the Brook fight would be big in the UK it isn't his only option. Khan brings a name and resume whilst also being vulnerable making him a decent opponent for anyone.

Brook is another fighter I like but Khan is the biggest fight out there for him.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by jon200 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 8:44 am

Khan shouldn't fight Brook just because Brook asks for it, and if Khan has spend the last two years being active he would probably be world champ again by now.

He had spent the last two years fighting and possibly beating the likes of Brook, Thurman, Bradley etc then he would have made it impossible for Mayweather/Pac to avoid him.

jon200

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:08 am

Neither Brook nor Khan have done much in years. Between them I'd say Porter is the best name they've beaten since maybe khan fought Judah or Maidana. Brooks other fights have been completely irrelevant, khans have been acceptable at best. They both claim to be top fighters, there's a lot of money and interest in them fighting, even when you ignore the usual Hearn drum beating, so going on recent years form why not just get in the ring or shut up about each other?

The only benefit of the doubt I give Khan is that given Garcia holds a mental advantage over him he seems to want to avenge a bad loss. Also, in chasing Garcia if he doesn't get the fight the WBC could strip Garcia and Khan gets a shot at another title regardless. We all know Garcia is still dangerous for Khan despite his performances of late.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:28 am

You say never going to get the gig but Khan had already signed once to fight Floyd. After actually signing a contract to fight the guy, I think he was well within his rights to believe that he would fight him.

Kell Brook is chasing a fight with Khan and seeming completely desperate now. The same way Khan was with Floyd. Only difference is one of them wanted to fight the best in the world.

I'd genuinely like to hear what people think about how long Brook can go on calling Khan out whilst fighting cans?
Surely a year of that is enough to think 'I'll fight another top ten guy as I'm a champ'. Brook seems happy fighting mandatories and passing the time by. It's probably in his contract with Hearn to call Khan out before and after every fight of his.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:34 am

The difference between them is nothing, they both wanted the fight that would make them the most money and is there any actual evidence to suggest Khan ever had a contract for a Mayweather fight? It seems highly unlikely and it's a misnomer to say Khan wanted to fight the best in the world, he didn't he wanted the money.

Brook whilst champion can't pick and choose who he fights like Khan, he either fights his mandatories or gets stripped, nor is he a big enough name to fight the Americans on his terms something Khan does have.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:53 am

Title is Brooks equaliser for parity with the Americans. I always thought that it got desperate for Khan and his desperation for the fight with Floyd probably worked against him and all the fans and public turned against him because of it. My issue with this is that Brook is doing the exact same thing yet he's allowed a pass to just chase Khan and no one else. How long does this go on for?
I just don't think Khan can be fully to blame for Brook, as a tile holder, only wanting to fight one guy that's any good but with a serious weakness. I've always been a Brook fan (more than Khan) yet I can see that Hearn and Brook are trundling our the Khan lines so they get easy defences. Obviously Brook wants the fight however he could have easily set up a fight against one of the other top tens yet chooses to just chase Khan.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:58 am

Khan is good monies worth when he finally fights

After paying for the Khan - Salita fight, I'd say no, I didn't get my monies worth...

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:00 am

I didn't pay for it so I got exactly what I paid

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:01 am

Who on earth wants to see Garcia Khan rematch? It wasn't even close, Khan anihilated. Rematches are for close fights aren't they? Despite what Angel Garcia is saying, this is the fight he has been plotting with Haymon and Khan for. It's another easy(ish) night for his Danny and he gets to postpone fighting a top welterweight yet again making great money while standing still if not actually going backwards since Lucas. They're trying to push it for pay per view, problem is Danny had to run from Matthysse rematch and Postol and yet to face a main player at 47 while Khan had to run from Matthysse and also yet to face a player at 47 and Poopie on British fans turning down the biggest fight of his career against Brook who has a bigger win at 47 than either Garcia or Khan. Hardly pay per view is it, two fringe welterweights fighting it out for bronze.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:02 am

In short then Herman everyone is a ducker?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:07 am

How about thinking before you respond next time Hammer and stick to the argument.

You seem more obsessed arguing with me than you do the topic.

Boring..

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:08 am

Tired of Khan. Tired of Brook.

Neither have provided anything to get excited about in years. Both don't seem to give much of a sh!t about their careers or legacy.

Khan looks the bigger muppet as he signed up to Al scumbag Haymon for his Floyd pay day despite it being clear he was never going to get it (which Al must have know). Khan has had his eye on the Floyd gold for too long, lost to LP because of it as much as the juicing.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:09 am

I have thought about it and all your comments are about certain boxers being duckers, hell you even tried to suggest Hopkins was ducking Kovalev after they'd fought.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:09 am

It might not be the biggest fight out there for Khan but it is for Garcia and it's a defeat that Khan wants to rectify, finally. Good on him.

Only issue here is if he's asking for
80-20 against Brook now the beating Garcia and picking up his title may mean him upping the demands to 99-1

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:20 am

Khan has to take the Garcia rematch now as the only alternative is Brook nothing noble in Khan's actions. Sickens me his stance on Brook. I bet you all now, if he beats Garcia which I'm afraid I can't see, he will never fight Brook. Ever. Just like the biggest ducker in boxing Stevenson will never fight Kovalev. Surprise surprise that ones fallen through.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:29 am

He'll fight Brook after Garcia, that's a certainty. Too much money to pass up for what is a winnable fight.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:48 am

WBC in on it too. What a joke they are. Garcia has to fight Khan suddenly yet Wilder allowed three voluntaries before his mandatory. I hope they force Canelo to fight Golovkin too, I'm all for sanctioning bodies forcing fighters to face their mandatories but that's why boxing is sick. They only do so when it suits them. This is what is wrong.

Also has Khan really done anything to be installed as no 1 contender? What a joke the WBC really are !

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:51 am

Khan to demand 100-0 from Brook plus any spare change Kell has down the back of the sofa and whatever the kids have in their piggy banks

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:08 am

Coxy001 wrote:Says it all about Brook?!?!?

So why would either give him a shot?

Yeh why would they, when they have huge draws like maidana, Berto and Bradley to fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:16 am

Khan let himself down in the whole Mayweather race and should have taken no for an answer the first time got on with it and earned at least to be mentioned alongside Floyd by both boxing experts and fans.

but he really did not apply himself in a way that would garner the respect of both critics and fans alike.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:23 am

It's all a bit silly this Khan bashing and one wonders if there is a racial element involved....Not necessarily on this site but in general....

His last two fights have been Algieri and Petersen who both beat the crap out Brook's last two ....Gavin and "Yo Yo" Dan.....

Lest not forget he isn't a world champ who should be taking on top fighters like Brook..

Leave the kid alone....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's all a bit silly this Khan bashing and one wonders if there is a racial element involved....Not necessarily on this site but in general....

His last two fights have been Algieri and Petersen who both beat the crap out Brook's last two ....Gavin and "Yo Yo" Dan.....

Lest not forget he isn't a world champ who should be taking on top fighters like Brook..

Leave the kid alone....

He has fought 1 fight in a year, he is a non entity, might as well not be active.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:21 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's all a bit silly this Khan bashing and one wonders if there is a racial element involved....Not necessarily on this site but in general....

Leave the kid alone....

He has fought 1 fight in a year, he is a non entity, might as well not be active.

That's his problem....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:46 pm

Lost my patience with him after the last Brook fight fell through, had he fought and beat Brook, I'm certain Pacquiao would have picked him, its all his own fault and I'm loving the fact it all blew up in his face.

He talks big but recently hasn't backed it up, is he even relevant any more?

If its such an easy fight, then get the 10 million, fight in front of 80,001 at Wembley (Stick it to Froch) earn a belt which puts you on the map for fighting the winner or Porter vs Thurman, or Garcia vs ??? or a potential opponent when Mayweather comes back or Pacquiao if he decides to carry on.

It's an absolute no brainer, shame he doesn't have a brain

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:54 pm

The fight is still there if he fights Garcia first. Giving him crap but then suggest Garcia as a future opponent when he wants to fight him first is nonsense.

Brook doesn't get anywhere near the same crap thrown at him even tho he's the champion and giving challengers the larger end of the purse. It smacks of desperation. If it was any other fighter than Khan involved then Brook would rightfully take his fair share of crap.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Lost my patience with him after the last Brook fight fell through, had he fought and beat Brook, I'm certain Pacquiao would have picked him, its all his own fault and I'm loving the fact it all blew up in his face.

If its such an easy fight, then get the 10 million, fight in front of 80,001 at Wembley (Stick it to Froch) earn a belt which puts you on the map for fighting the winner or Porter vs Thurman, or Garcia vs ??? or a potential opponent when Mayweather comes back or Pacquiao if he decides to carry on.

What Brook fight fell through - Matchroom talked about wanting it, Khan has never said he does, I hope you are just as annoyed that my night of fun with Jesssica Alba fell through and are calling her names as I so obviously wanted it....

Why are you certain Pacquiao would have picked him?

Khan can fight Brook in 2-3 fights whilst making 2-3 million fighting whoever and as long as Brook hasn't lost in that time he would still be able to get the 10 million, if he fights him now and loses he wouldn't be able to earn the 2-3 million for the fights that he can now.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:10 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Lost my patience with him after the last Brook fight fell through, had he fought and beat Brook, I'm certain Pacquiao would have picked him, its all his own fault and I'm loving the fact it all blew up in his face.

This is the key point, he isn't relevant anymore, amongst the real fighters in the division he never gets a mention, I bet in the States and globally he is the forgotten man, on an island full of lost property like the black Michael Jackson and Gail Platts chin.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:11 pm

If he loses to Garcia then the fight with Brook becomes a non entity literally a fifth perhaps of its value now.

But anyone who has followed the situation and got into the thought process of Amir Khan will have come to realise he'd rather not have the money than lose to Brook and coin it. It's called a stance. I just hope that all Khan fights bomb from now on, he doesn't deserve a penny from the game imo till he fights Brook imo.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:12 pm

He's so irrelevant Shengy.. Brook and Hearn can't stop talking about him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's so irrelevant Shengy.. Brook and Hearn can't stop talking about him..

Because Hearn knows he can sell this in the UK as a big fight.

Tell you what why not have Brook v Khan in the USA? I'll tell you why, no one has heard of Brook in the US because he fights nobodies, and Khan is irrelevant as Roy Cropper from Coronation Street has had more fights in the last year.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:18 pm

I really think Khan should be more respectful to Kell Brook from now on.

That's if he's got a grain of decency..

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:22 pm

Breaking news..  Not a good time to be an Asian sportsman in the USA...

Why should Khan be respectful...Brook isn't towards him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:23 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's so irrelevant Shengy.. Brook and Hearn can't stop talking about him..

Tell you what why not have Brook v Khan in the USA? I'll tell you why, no one has heard of Brook in the US because he fights nobodies, and Khan is irrelevant as Roy Cropper from Coronation Street has had more fights in the last year.

Why don't we send Frampton and Quigg over to the USA to fight as well, it not being a big fight over there doesn't mean it's not a big fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Breaking news..  Not a good time to be an Asian sportsman in the USA...

What sort of babble is this?

In my country we call this incite to hatred, why even bring this up? It has no relevance to the thread, just like Khan has no relevance in boxing with his inactivity.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:26 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Breaking news..  Not a good time to be an Asian sportsman in the USA...

In my country we call this incite to hatred, why even bring this up? It has no relevance to the thread, just like Khan has no relevance in boxing with his inactivity.

He must have some relevance for you to talk about him?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:27 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:

Why don't we send Frampton and Quigg over to the USA to fight as well, it not being a big fight over there doesn't mean it's not a big fight.

Frampton is very active and relevant in his division and had fought at home in Ireland and abroad, no comparison.

I used USA as the example because Khan tries to carve a career out there in his one fight a year, I don't think Frampton or Quigg base themselves in the States do they?

Poor argument. Must try harder.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:

He must have some relevance for you to talk about him?

Yes the relevance to whether he is relevant . And I have decided with his irrelevance in a relevant boxing weight which is probably the most relevant today, is that he has no relevance du to his inactivity.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm

Khan dropping down a level to fight Brook??

Makes you want to puke comments like that when he fefuses to back it up. Turning down the biggest payday of his career, what a con man and bs artist !

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:30 pm

You mean the fights where he earns more than any other British boxer, Khan whether you or I like it is relevant to the division and is a big name, he doesn't get $1.5mil a fight for nothing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:33 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You mean the fights where he earns more than any other British boxer, Khan whether you or I like it is relevant to the division and is a big name, he doesn't get $1.5mil a fight for nothing.

You used a plural there, like he has had more than one this year.

And there in lies the problem, we now have boxers that can fight one fight a year

He is so irrelevant that Mayweather couldn't even be bothered with him, and he is hardly the darling of the American public!

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:38 pm

Truth is Khan is chinny and lacks the defensive skills to keep that huge flaw in his armoury from being a factor against top notch opponents so for 3 years he has tried to get himself the big fight while avoiding anyone who can punch. Let be honest if Willie Limond can knock you bandy what is a big strong welterweight with KO power and great timing like Brook gonna do to him. Frankly if i was advising Khan i would not let him anywhere near a career killing fights like Brook or Garcia, not if he can hang around the fringes hoping for a few more big paydays that dont involve him doing his baby giraffe impression. Brook need to pull his finger out as well if the big names dont want to fight him then Matchroom and Sky need to make offers that cant be refused.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:54 pm

hogey wrote:Truth is Khan is chinny and lacks the defensive skills to keep that huge flaw in his armoury from being a factor against top notch opponents so for 3 years he has tried to get himself the big fight while avoiding anyone who can punch. Let be honest if Willie Limond can knock you bandy what is a big strong welterweight with KO power and great timing like Brook gonna do to him. Frankly if i was advising Khan i would not let him anywhere near a career killing fights like Brook or Garcia, not if he can hang around the fringes hoping for a few more big paydays that dont involve him doing his baby giraffe impression. Brook need to pull his finger out as well if the big names dont want to fight him then Matchroom and Sky need to make offers that cant be refused.

Agree with most of this, however, he doesn't even hang around fighting fringe fighters, moreover he has just simply gave up fighting?

One fight in a year (and it was hardly against one of the elite), and people talk like he's still in the mix, its laughable.

He is only relevant on British shores, nowhere else, he is simply not active enough to be relevant.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 3:00 pm

If you're a name you stay in the mix..Always been the same..

How many names are there around these days ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next