The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons vs Leinster (Friday 19:05)

+11
asoreleftshoulder
Coleman
maestegmafia
RiscaGame
bedfordwelsh
mikey_dragon
Cardiff Dave
VinceWLB
Golden
Luckless Pedestrian
thebandwagonsociety
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dragons vs Leinster (Friday 19:05) - Page 2 Empty Dragons vs Leinster (Friday 19:05)

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

THE TEAM

Player Player Pos
Carl Meyer             15 Zane Kirchner
Ashton Hewitt         14 Adam Byrne
Adam Hughes         13 Garry Ringrose
Adam Warren         12 Ben Te'o
Hallam Amos          11 Fergus McFadden
Jason Tovey           10 Cathal Marsh
Sarel Pretorius         9 Luke McGrath

Boris Stankovich      1 Peter Dooley
T Rhys Thomas       2 James Tracy
Brok Harris             3 Michael Bent
Rynard Landman     4 Ross Molony
Matthew Screech     5 Hayden Triggs
Nick Crosswell         6 Dominic Ryan
Nic Cudd                 7 Dan Leavy
Lewis Evans            8 Jordi Murphy

Replacements
Elliott Dee           16 Richardt Strauss
Phil Price             17 Jeremy Loughman
Shaun Knight       18 Oisin Heffernan
Cory Hill              19 Tadgh Beirne
James Benjamin   20 Peadar Timmins
Charlie Davies      21 Isaac Boss
Rhys Jones           22 Ian Madigan
Nick Scott            23             Noel Reid

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 46th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Craig Evans, Sean Brickell (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: Dennis Jones (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

Ahead of the Captain's Run this afternoon, Leinster Rugby Head Coach Leo Cullen has announced his starting 15 and squad for the trip to Rodney Parade tomorrow in the Guinness PRO12 to face the Newport Gwent Dragons (Kick Off: 7.05pm - live on TG4).

(apologies for the formatting or lack of)

Last edited by thebandwagonsociety on Thu 28 Jan 2016, 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Dragons vs Leinster (Friday 19:05) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragons vs Leinster (Friday 19:05)

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 29 Jan 2016, 10:04 pm

Well played Dragons, thoroughly deserved victory. Leinster continue to be unable to score from 5 meters out.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Dragons vs Leinster (Friday 19:05) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragons vs Leinster (Friday 19:05)

Post by RiscaGame Fri 29 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm

Very happy with that. Made my night shift a bit easier.

Great defence second half. Was still worried that Leinster were going to pinch it till Tovey kicked the last penalty. Nice full house for him again (after Pau) and a nice try saving tackle again.

Was impressed by Crosswell too, considering Lyp hasn't been using him for a while. I thought Nugget was going to give the MOTM to Hill, who did well to step in for Lewis Evans.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 29 Jan 2016, 10:23 pm

Wasn't too convinced that Pretorious knocked on either for our disallowed try.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 29 Jan 2016, 10:23 pm

I have a feeling MD has a bit of a problem...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 30 Jan 2016, 6:04 am

They might not be first choice when Dixon and Morgan come back, but Adam Warren and Adam Hughes work so hard for the team, especially in defence. They're not the biggest either of them, but they throw themselves into tackles.

Different opponents, I know, but I hope everyone who was pillorying the Dragons for their performance against Sale and doubting the players' commitment was watching last night, especially that second-half defensive display.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by exile jack Sat 30 Jan 2016, 7:43 am

LP,this O's supporter thought the Dragons were terrific.Fantastic attitude over 80 minutes.Take that to Glaws please and you'll do well.

exile jack

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 30 Jan 2016, 7:51 am

Another disappointing night for Leinster (missing buckets of starters). They are doing much better in getting themselves into positions to score try's just have to learn to be more clinical, that will come. Cullen is not doing a bad job and I expect Leinster to be a more settled team next season.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 30 Jan 2016, 9:07 am

Traveled home yesterday and with the weather was thinking what a rubbish weekend to choose to come back but despite the atrocious conditions (was a very wet n soggy drive back to Ebbw) it was a great night last night and fair play both sides tried to play some rugby.

We had a decent couple of chances in the first half but we don't like doing things the easy way and like me a lot of fans around me thought we were going to throw it away in the last 10-15 minutes but out defence was outstanding.

Off to watch Ebbw take on table toppers Llandovery this afternoon and with all other teams above us playing away a nice win could see us climb bit further up than 6th.

Great win Dragons C,Mon Ebbw
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 30 Jan 2016, 6:03 pm

You got your win, Bedford! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 30 Jan 2016, 7:46 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:They might not be first choice when Dixon and Morgan come back, but Adam Warren and Adam Hughes work so hard for the team, especially in defence. They're not the biggest either of them, but they throw themselves into tackles.

Different opponents, I know, but I hope everyone who was pillorying the Dragons for their performance against Sale and doubting the players' commitment was watching last night, especially that second-half defensive display.

I have always been a fan of Adam Hughes, but have been very impressed by Adam Warren too. He is such a solid player for us.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 31 Jan 2016, 9:19 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:You got your win, Bedford! OK

We did indeed and whilst I am a little fluffy this morning and won't be driving home anytime soon it was a great day after a great night on Friday.

In fact the game was a bit like Fridays, both teams tried to play a bit of rugby but Llandovery had a lot of the early pressure yet our defence was outstanding at times and we took our chances when we had them.

The win now moves us up into 4th, 3 pts behind 2nd and 3rd and 5 behind table tappers Aberavon. I still find it strange trying to get use to the new scoring system that is in place but main thing is the W at the end of the game.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2