The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather UK Tour

+8
Rowley
AdamT
AZZJ44
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
milkyboy
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
12 posters

Go down

Mayweather UK Tour Empty Mayweather UK Tour

Post by hazharrison Tue 09 Feb 2016, 7:21 am

Well, this looks like a riot:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3434029/Floyd-Mayweather-talks-karaoke-Bieber-boxing-shows-1m-watch-ring-bling-king-takes-stage-London.html

"An earlier question, from Sportsmail on the subject of Amir Khan’s defining fight against Canelo Alvarez, had been met with a firm: ‘I don’t want to focus on that.’

The crowd start to get a little restless and talk among themselves. The chatter gets louder and the auctioneer returns to the stage to ask people to show some respect. Mayweather carries on for an admirable amount of time, though no anecdote can be found. Who will take over as the king of boxing? ‘Time will tell.’ He is asked something about fighters from a previous era who might cause him trouble in a hypothetical bout. ‘I can’t really say.’

Which, of course, is a great shame on a speaking tour. The journey to the Bunyan Centre has begun."

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Mayweather UK Tour Empty Re: Mayweather UK Tour

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 7:55 am

There was a good segment apparently though where he joked about an obsessed, irrational guy who went out of his way to edit articles about him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 09 Feb 2016, 8:21 am

I think you go to a floyd speaking event if you're a fan of floyd and/or bling. Fair enough if that's your thing.

You don't go if you're just a fan of boxing or in the hope of being enlightened by an engaging raconteur.

Great fighter but he doesn't talk in sentences, he just strings cliche's, and his stock classless soundbites together in a seemingly random fashion.

You could market a floyd soft toy for three year olds that would be indistinguishable from the real thing.

'Floyd what was your toughest fight?'
'I'm blessed'

'Floyd what day is it today?'
'Look at my million dollar watch baby'

'Are you the greatest of all time?'
'That's why they call me money mayweather'

That's entertainment.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 09 Feb 2016, 8:45 am

milkyboy wrote:I think you go to a floyd speaking event if you're a fan of floyd and/or bling. Fair enough if that's your thing.

You don't go if you're just a fan of boxing or in the hope of being enlightened by an engaging raconteur.

Great fighter but he doesn't talk in sentences, he just strings cliche's, and his stock classless soundbites together in a seemingly random fashion.

You could market a floyd soft toy for three year olds that would be indistinguishable from the real thing.

'I'm blessed'

That's entertainment.

Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:59 am

milkyboy wrote:I think you go to a floyd speaking event if you're a fan of floyd and/or bling. Fair enough if that's your thing.

'I'm blessed'

That's entertainment.

'Floyd Would you rather drink orange juice, expecting it to be milk, or drink milk expecting it to be orange juice?

'Orange juice? tremendous, tremendous fighter'

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:23 am

Floyd 'Funny' Mayweather.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:19 pm

Witty boy Floyd

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 09 Feb 2016, 1:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:There was a good segment apparently though where he joked about an obsessed, irrational guy who went out of his way to edit articles about him..

I never edited an article. I posted a link and an excerpt (as I have again here). Editing suggests I changed the words. I know it's a tricky concept for you!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 09 Feb 2016, 3:10 pm

Truss if you met Amir and Floyd in the Oyster! Which one would you follow into the cubicle first??

If it is Floyd you would have to fight me off Wink

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 09 Feb 2016, 3:12 pm

milkyboy wrote:Witty boy Floyd

Deserved a ha! at least.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:06 pm

AdamT wrote:Truss if you met Amir and Floyd in the Oyster! Which one would you follow into the cubicle first??

The one with the Don Curry wig.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:10 pm

With the greatest of respect to those who bought tickets what were they expecting? A loudmouthed obnoxious blowhard who has never said anything either amusing or interesting in his life fails to make an engaging public speaker? He was never likely to be Peter Ustinov was he.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:13 pm

hazharrison wrote:
AdamT wrote:Truss if you met Amir and Floyd in the Oyster! Which one would you follow into the cubicle first??

The one with the Don Curry wig.

Don would be hiding in the cubicle from Mr Honeygan.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:17 pm

Good thing about losing to Honey is no American takes the defeat seriously.....

Just ask Mr Starling...... Boom smack.."There you go... I told you he was no good!!" Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:18 pm

I knew that was going to be the comeback Very Happy

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:33 pm

Rowley wrote:With the greatest of respect to those who bought tickets what were they expecting? A loudmouthed obnoxious blowhard who has never said anything either amusing or interesting in his life fails to make an engaging public speaker? He was never likely to be Peter Ustinov was he.
They may a well have spent money on an evening in conversation with Mario Balotelli (anything to keep him away from Anfield - although the quality of our football should do that nicely)

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:34 pm

I am very happy with the quality at Anfield now! Wink

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:37 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:With the greatest of respect to those who bought tickets what were they expecting? A loudmouthed obnoxious blowhard who has never said anything either amusing or interesting in his life fails to make an engaging public speaker? He was never likely to be Peter Ustinov was he.
They may a well have spent money on an evening in conversation with Mario Balotelli (anything to keep him away from Anfield - although the quality of our football should do that nicely)

Extra security in the bathroom...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:37 pm

So am I if the sole aim was to scare Mario into staying away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Extra security in the bathroom...
Isn't that what they do when it's your night at the Oyster?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:49 pm

Must admit I wouldn't want to go and see Mayweather...........Probably as bad as Froch...

Who is the next big thing Carl ?? - "I don't know there doesn't seem to be many 4 time world champions who fight in front of 80,000 fans about !!"...

How are the kids ?? - "My kids relationship with their 4 time world champion father is very good"...

Are you thinking of a comeback ?? - "There doesn't seem to be much around to get a 4 time world champion that fights in front of 80,000 people juices flowing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:56 pm

Apparently, if those god awful youtube adverts are anything to go on, Mr International superstar will partake in the iron man contests.

tho I doubt it will be infront of 80,000 people

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Tue 09 Feb 2016, 7:09 pm

Surely 'An evening with Floyd Mayweather' couldn't be any worse than 'An Audience With Lennox Lewis' ?
Who remembers that monstrosity ?

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 09 Feb 2016, 8:28 pm

Thankfully Ed I was out that night. From what I heard it was painful.

I cannot imagine how self-centred, dull and utterly pointless an evening with Floyd would be. So I shall give it a huge swerve.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 09 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm

An evening with Floyd? No thanks, not even with a buffet and free drinks all night. No chance

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 09 Feb 2016, 8:54 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:An evening with Floyd? No thanks, not even with a buffet and free drinks all night. No chance

I'd sooner date Mad Lisa again. And that would be bad.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:33 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:An evening with Floyd? No thanks, not even with a buffet and free drinks all night. No chance

Think you're safe. You don't think £600 gets you a free drink at a Floyd gig? They'll charge you 'drinking with Floyd' tax on the drink and rental for the glass.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPrescottsJab Sat 13 Feb 2016, 3:56 am

Whoever bought tickets had more money than sense. It was ridiculously overpriced and I think I read somewhere that it was upto £2000 for the most expensive ticket. Different packages and options plus £200 extra on top of your ticket if you wanted a photo with him but not extra if you paid for the £2000 platinum package where there was a meet and greet VIP kinda thing. Like he needs the money!

JohnPrescottsJab

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:14 pm

I remember Ricky Hatton doing a stand up tour. It was ok. The best part was Bruno speaking about his career. He also answered a lot of questions. I like big Frank. It's was to see why he was a national treasure.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down