The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golovkin To Face Hopkins?

+7
Lance
Kareem61
AdamT
Coxy001
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
hazharrison
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Golovkin To Face Hopkins? - Page 2 Empty Golovkin To Face Hopkins?

Post by hazharrison Wed 10 Feb 2016, 11:04 am

First topic message reminder :

If Canelo and Saunders pass on a Golovkin fight after they've all had their next bouts - apparently Hopkins could be in play for GGG.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10161045/gennady-golovkin-could-take-on-former-world-champion-bernard-hopkins

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Golovkin To Face Hopkins? - Page 2 Empty Re: Golovkin To Face Hopkins?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Feb 2016, 3:33 pm

AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Sounds good but I'm sure the Mexican will be given more wiggle room - i.e. agree to fight GGG but be allowed to request illegitimate catchweight.

Yeah no doubt. It is very strange he does this, because he looks as big as any middle out there. He isn't the tallest, but Canelo is a tank.

Haye looks huge at heavy......But he's not a natural heavy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 11 Feb 2016, 3:34 pm

Canelo is bound to walk round at 175 plus. Haye has big muscles, but not big bones.

He looks bigger than he is.

Last edited by AdamT on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 11 Feb 2016, 6:47 pm

So Golovkin has turned down Hopkins in order to pursue his interest of unifying Middleweight. At least he's no longer banging on about fighting anyone. There was a lot of money on the table for Golovkin here but I can see why it's a fight he should avoid.

So Hopkins, DeGale, Dirrell, Lara and Ward have all been turned down now by the man who would have fought anyone until deciding to only fight MWs

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 11 Feb 2016, 6:52 pm

It is about time he moved up, got no interest in seeing him fight any more of these second rate middleweights, he's given too much leeway because his team talk up the big fights.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 11 Feb 2016, 7:03 pm

Lance wrote:So Golovkin has turned down Hopkins in order to pursue his interest of unifying Middleweight. At least he's no longer banging on about fighting anyone. There was a lot of money on the table for Golovkin here but I can see why it's a fight he should avoid.

So Hopkins, DeGale, Dirrell, Lara and Ward have all been turned down now by the man who would have fought anyone until deciding to only fight MWs

No, he hasn't turned down Hopkins, or any of the others. He has a mandatory against Wade and then they're considering Hopkins at 168 if Canelo and Saunders again turn him down.

Last edited by hazharrison on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 11 Feb 2016, 7:04 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It is about time he moved up, got no interest in seeing him fight any more of these second rate middleweights, he's given too much leeway because his team talk up the big fights.

Moved up for what? If he can't get anyone to fight him with half the belts, what chance has he if he rocks up at '68 with none?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 11 Feb 2016, 7:08 pm

Golovkin didn't turn Ward down- offered him a 50/50 split at 64 or 60-40 at 68. Fair considering he's the ticket seller in that one. Ward didn't send Loffler a reply until he Ward knew Golovkin had signed to face Lemmy.

Lara's a light-middle, if Lara wants it the onus is on him to move up and beat someone to force the fight. If DeGale wants it likewise the onus would be on DeGale to move down.

Hopkins can wait till the Canelo situation has been sorted out. More chance of a pork chop in a synagogue by the way of Canelo agreeing to fight Golovkin..

Durrell I know nothing about a fight with him but again onus on Andre to move down as Golovkinn has only one thing on his mind , one goal , to become undisputed middleweight champion of the world. These people need to come to him , he doesn't need to go to them.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 11 Feb 2016, 7:32 pm

He's repeatedly stated his goal is to unify the belts at '60 but if a lucrative fight comes up at '68 (Chavez, Froch, Hopkins) then he'll give away weight to make it.

The Lara line is pure wind up material.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 11 Feb 2016, 7:58 pm

GGG wants the pay day with Canelo and all the belts. I dare say if he doesn't get Canelo in September, he will probably fight Hopkins at 168.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 11 Feb 2016, 8:58 pm

Amazing, GGG moves the goalposts and his fans lap it up and spout it as gospel.

Hopkins has been trying to get the fight for two years, nothing to do with the new mandatory.

A fight with Ward on 50/50 terms would generate GGG is far biggest payday...

BJS wanted 2 million dollars, less than some have been supposedly offered to fight GGG.

I think Lara is a far more interesting fight than Monroe Jnr. As for being a weight below, so was Canelo.

I know GGG is looking for a huge fight, but it seems he only wants one against certain style of fighters. Doesnt want to lose his destructive image against a slick boxer. It's so obvious it's laughable

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Feb 2016, 9:14 pm

No no....Ward was ducking him remember ???....

You don't !!..Neither does Ward..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 11 Feb 2016, 9:19 pm

Was GGG ducking Ward?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 11 Feb 2016, 9:25 pm

I guess GGG vs Ward was a pipe dream

I might be on the GGG hype train, but Ward is the one guy who I would pick to beat him.

I think GGG beats all at 168, but I would like to see him against Degale.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 11 Feb 2016, 11:40 pm

Lance wrote:Amazing, GGG moves the goalposts and his fans lap it up and spout it as gospel.

Hopkins has been trying to get the fight for two years, nothing to do with the new mandatory.

A fight with Ward on 50/50 terms would generate GGG is far biggest payday...

BJS wanted 2 million dollars, less than some have been supposedly offered to fight GGG.

I think Lara is a far more interesting fight than Monroe Jnr. As for being a weight below, so was Canelo.

I know GGG is looking for a huge fight, but it seems he only wants one against certain style of fighters. Doesnt want to lose his destructive image against a slick boxer. It's so obvious it's laughable

There hasn't been a solid offer from Hopkins as far as I'm aware - do you have some inside knowledge we aren't privy to?

A Ward fight wouldn't generate anything near what a Canelo fight would (or Chavez, or Froch). Ward isn't a big draw - he's yet to fight on PPV. In addition: Ward's a light heavyweight these days - he hadn't made 168 for years.

Saunders was offered $3.2m (£2.2m) and turned it down. That's on record. He's never been offered anything like that in his career to date. Why did he turn that sum down?

And the Lara thing is laughable. If he moves to middleweight and wins a middleweight belt (like Canelo) then Golovkin will fight him. Is Monroe not a "slick boxer"? How slick is Wade? Golovkin is taking on as many top ten middles as he can - regardless of style.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Feb 2016, 9:48 am

Lance is like me......He isn't so far up someone's behind he'd believe the moon is made of cheese if GGG's people told him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Feb 2016, 9:50 am

DOMINIC WADE............Best win split decision over Sam Soliman 44-12............

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 12 Feb 2016, 2:38 pm

Hopkins decided to take on Kovalev after GGG and Stevenson turned the fight down. Shame because the other two would have been far more competitive

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 12 Feb 2016, 5:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Lance is like me......He isn't so far up someone's behind he'd believe the moon is made of cheese if GGG's people told him..

Yeah, you crazy diamonds know the REAL truth about Golovkin actually ducking everyone else!

Jokers!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 12 Feb 2016, 5:57 pm

Lance wrote:Hopkins decided to take on Kovalev after GGG and Stevenson turned the fight down. Shame because the other two would have been far more competitive

Yeah? Do you have a source or is this all via a friend of a friend?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Fri 12 Feb 2016, 6:14 pm

I have to say that I'm yet to see any media outlet reporting on anyone calling out Golovkin. It would appear to me that he is indeed being avoided, the BJS situation being a perfect example. The fact that Canelo refuses to fight at the actually 160 limit is in itself an absolute farce but as usual money talks.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 12 Feb 2016, 8:18 pm

Plenty of media outlets have reported Hopkins calling him out. Golovkin team have spoken about it too. I guess you only see what you want

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 12 Feb 2016, 9:10 pm

Lance wrote:Plenty of media outlets have reported Hopkins calling him out. Golovkin team have spoken about it too. I guess you only see what you want

I've never seen anything. Where did you see it?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Fri 12 Feb 2016, 9:13 pm

I don't only see what I want. If you have a reputable source and link to show otherwise I'm happy to be proved wrong Lance.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2