The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton ordered to fight Rigondeaux next by WBA

+10
hazharrison
melv500
AdamT
horizontalhero
Guest82
AlexHuckerby
Mr Bounce
Nico the gman
BoxingFan88
catchweight
14 posters

Go down

Frampton ordered to fight Rigondeaux next by WBA Empty Frampton ordered to fight Rigondeaux next by WBA

Post by catchweight Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm

I guess this would make his decision to move up a division easier. Will he jump straight in against Santa Cruz? Im not so sure after a 17 week camp, a mentally exhausting couple of months build up to the Quigg fight and stepping up a weight that they will dive straight in.

Quigg has said he wants a Frampton rematch and will follow him up a division if neccessary. Its a fight Framptons managment are likely to rule out. Especially after the actions of Gallagher and Hearn in the build up. Would Quigg gamble on Rigondeaux if Frampton vacates? Hes not a ticket shifter, so maybe Matchroom might gamble on it as a nothing to lose scenario.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Frampton ordered to fight Rigondeaux next by WBA Empty Re: Frampton ordered to fight Rigondeaux next by WBA

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 4:00 pm

I think Frampton should take on Rigo, become numero uno in the division.

TBF there is Donaire and Santa Cruz, although I still think Donaire is too dangerous.

Wonder if Quigg goes down the Donaire route?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Frampton ordered to fight Rigondeaux next by WBA Empty Re: Frampton ordered to fight Rigondeaux next by WBA

Post by Nico the gman Thu 03 Mar 2016, 5:37 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I think Frampton should take on Rigo, become numero uno in the division.

TBF there is Donaire and Santa Cruz, although I still think Donaire is too dangerous.

Wonder if Quigg goes down the Donaire route?
Quigg should stay clear of Donaire, I think he loses.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:31 pm

Barry McGuigan wants no part of Rigondeaux - that's for sure. Sure, Rigo can't draw flies to watch him, but he is a massive step up from anything Quigg offers. I can't honestly see them taking this fight - too much risk for very little reward. Frampton COULD win it, but WOULD he?

I see Carl either relinquishing or moving up. He'll do whatever Uncle Barry tells him. It'll be interesting to see if and how the extra 4lbs helps him. There's some good fights at Feather such as Russell Jr, Santa Cruz & Selby.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 10:53 pm

Neither would touch Rigo with yours, mate.

Either Donaire in Ireland, possibly America, or Santa Cruz, hard choices all around him, but seeing as Frampton doesn't have a lot of choices, he will most likely be in a big fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 11:27 pm

Pretty sure it'll be Santa Cruz. Everything he's said has pointed towards that.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:02 am

McGuigan was quote on the BBC - "What do we gain by fighting him?"
Errr... recognition as the champion rather than the paper crown holder for a start. It make me laugh- during the build up to the Quigg fight he continually referred to Frampton as the champion and Quigg as belt holder, whilst acknowledging the Rigo is the division's top man.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:24 am

This is why boxing is a joke. "What do I gain by fighting the best in the division?"

How about the chance to prove you're the best in the world. Would it not be better to try and fail, than wondering was I really good enough??

I know it is prize fighting, but surely an athlete is in the sport to be the best as well.

Floyd Mayweather gets death for ducking, so others should as well.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Fri 04 Mar 2016, 11:09 am

Not sure he actually has that much to lose taking the fight. Rigo's next fight is in UK so maybe he can pick up some fans and they can start hyping it now. Its a unification fight and Frampton is well known now so there will be good money on the table from British and Irish fans. If he wins then his stock will be at an all time high and puts him in the big leagues. If he loses then i cant see it being KO and he will def win a few rounds but can blame weight issues. The fight with SC would still be there and would still sell well.

Doubt it will happen but seems silly to dismiss it so easily like they are.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 04 Mar 2016, 6:04 pm

Rigo is in the same predicament as Golovkin to an extent (even worse for Golovkin is that he DOES draw and he's exciting).

Difference between facing Rigo and GGG is that one makes you look silly while the other knocks your brains out.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri 04 Mar 2016, 7:57 pm

Even Heard admitted on IFL yesterday that had Quigg won it was unlikely they'd have faced Rigo. Said Frampton would be lucky to get a fifth of the money he got for Quigg at maximum risks so it doesnt make any business sense.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 04 Mar 2016, 8:44 pm

Shingo Wake wouldn't be easy either. Looks a very tidy boxer, fast and accurate, nice feet maybe doesn't hit that hard maybe susceptible to a straight right, but looks useful:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eIp7KGDbNK4

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:00 pm

Frampton beats Wake with something to spare, the only way that fight is in any way interesting is if he struggles so badly to make weight that he's a walking corpse.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:05 pm

Wake definitely looks the easiest option.

That's the only video I've ever seen of Wake, looks quite a nice boxer, judging by that video, I'm not so down on a Wake fight after all. Could be interesting. Would Wake have a slight speed advantage?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:34 pm

I think Wake is being a bit underrated here. He may have a few losses but you got to remember they don't protect them in Japan. He looks like he controls range very well:

http://www.asianboxing.info/shingo-wake.html

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by boxing prospect Sat 05 Mar 2016, 4:17 am

If you go to the video section on that Asian site there are quite a few Wake fights, including his last 2 or 3 which have tv footage as opposed to camera footage.

boxing prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down