The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March

+89
Hammersmith harrier
Marshes
aucklandlaurie
Coleman
gog1992
ALPanorak
glamorganalun
Seagultaf
VinceWLB
JDizzle
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Sgt_Pooly
Shifty
kingelderfield
wales606
Duty281
Good Golly I'm Olly
emack2
RDW
nathan
kingjohn7
irnbrew
2ndtimeround
R!skysports
doctor_grey
Coxy001
GavCanDance
EST
little_badger
RuggerRadge2611
ScarletSpiderman
tazfalklands
hugehandoff
PenfroPete
No9
SecretFly
Barney McGrew did it
Sidestep
sad_gimp
Mochyn du
Cyril
Poorfour
EnglishReign
HammerofThunor
Rugby Fan
gregortree
Scottrf
Blueschief
Hoonercat
Jimpy
Luckless Pedestrian
RubyGuby
Fanster
robbo277
wrfc1980
beshocked
munkian
offload
Geordie
Pot Hale
Breadvan
LordDowlais
englandglory4ever
eirebilly
TightHEAD
funnyExiledScot
maestegmafia
nobbled
Exiledinborders
BamBam
yappysnap
Recwatcher16
carpet baboon
bedfordwelsh
True Raven
RiscaGame
Dontheman2
stub
mikey_dragon
Mr Bounce
belovedfrosties
BigTrevsbigmac
No 7&1/2
DirtyRucker7
lostinwales
WELL-PAST-IT
majesticimperialman
Gwlad
George Carlin
93 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March - Page 12 Empty 6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March

Post by George Carlin Sat 05 Mar 2016, 5:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March - Page 12 Englan11  6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March - Page 12 Wales10
ENGLAND v WALES
12 March 2016
KO: 16:00 GMT
Twickenham, London

Live on ITV, RTE, SC4, FR2, DMAX / BBC (H)

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Touch judges: [tbc]
Television match official: [tbc]

A. Head to Head

119 Played 119
53 Won 54
12 Drawn 12
54 Lost 53
1,428 Points 1,371

B. Recent Form

26 September 2015: Twickenham, London
25 – 28 to Wales
2015 Rugby World Cup Pool A

6 February 2015: Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
16 – 21 to England
2015 Six Nations

9 March 2014: Twickenham Stadium, London
29 – 18 to England
2014 Six Nations

16 March 2013: Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
30 – 3 to Wales
2013 Six Nations

25 February 2012: Twickenham Stadium, London
12 – 19 to Wales
2012 Six Nations

13 August 2011: Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
19 – 9 to Wales
2011 Rugby World Cup warm up test

6 August 2011: Twickenham, London
23 – 19 to England
2011 Rugby World Cup warm up test

C. Teams

ENGLAND
6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March - Page 12 Carygr10
[tbc]

WALES
6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March - Page 12 Burton10
[tbc]
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March - Page 12 Empty Re: 6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March

Post by Geordie Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:18 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:It's not often I get so annoyed about games but the sh1!e I've read from the Welsh on other forums today has been pure arrogance.  

England may aswell not bother turning up as it's already over apparently

I hope we smash Wales in to next century!!!!

So I guess now you can I magine what it's been like listening to a good number of England fans for a decade since you won the RWC. Thank god you are all getting back to the reality of what English rugby fans can come to expect

I think you'll find the majority of England fans are pretty decent.

My experiences today are changing my opinion rapidly!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March - Page 12 Empty Re: 6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:28 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:
englandglory4ever wrote:England will seek to batter the Welsh pack and drive them back over the Severn with their tails between their legs. That fluke in the RWC still hurts. I expect a powerful backlash and if the home crowd get up it will be very uncomfortable place for the Welshies. On the otherhand Roberts might run over Ford and score a try to snatch it. Who knows?

Roberts will be out of the game by then, Eddie will want to target him, Biggar and North's glass ankle.

I just hope Lydiate tries to use his arms when he attempts to tackle. steam

I would be surprised if anyone's tactic was to injure the opposition.

Thinking that is the only way you will win is admitting defeat before you even kick off

Some are but many started watching rugby when England were a dominant side and have never learnt the trials and tribulations of being an international rugby fan.

In the seventies you could never have told a Welsh fan what Welsh rugby would be like by 1990 and had any semblance of a response vaguely based on the actual reality.

Rugby nations have ups and downs. Even the all blacks.

I would say that throughout my life as a fan of the game England and Wales have been evenly pegged as rivals. But there have been whole decades that I have lived where one side or the other has been completely dominant.

Rugby is a game that has a spirit and a culture that is more engrossing than even the game itself. I have made life long friends throughout the world due to a love of one game and it's spirit, culture and passion.

That to me is why I love this stupid game.

The modern game loses that, the media the forums and the spread of commercial sport ha e failed to embrace this vital aspect in so many ways.

Short term professionalism in a sport over a century old. Short sightedness is the bane of modern business. Sport is now a business. The fans believe what they are told.

Before professionalism, we weren't told.

We just loved rugby and everything about it.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:33 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:It's not often I get so annoyed about games but the sh1!e I've read from the Welsh on other forums today has been pure arrogance.  

So I guess now you can I magine what it's been like listening to a good number of England fans for a decade since you won the RWC. Thank god you are all getting back to the reality of what English rugby fans can come to expect

I think you'll find the majority of England fans are pretty decent.

My experiences today are changing my opinion rapidly!

If you're going to post crap that like then post it on the forum where you read the supposed arrogance rather than on here where I've failed to spot a Welshman saying England may as well not turn up

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:38 pm

Oh there's plenty of cr@p posted on this forum Raven...trust me!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:39 pm

We've all (Or most of us) been to games and met real fans in person. We know that real rugby fans aren't like the wind up merchants on the internet.

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:46 pm

Very true gen. It doesn't normally bother me. Ill delete that post.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:15 pm

miaow wrote:
nathan wrote:
miaow wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
BamBam wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:That arrogant swine Jones just can't resist running off his big fat gob. Can't wait for Evans and Lee to give England's scrum a fine tuning.

There there dear, maybe you should take a lie down

You see, this is what happens when their carers leave them unattended for a few minutes and forget to put on the parental lock on the computer.

That's pretty offensive to people who need care. Can you not conflate someone looking to wind people up on the internet with people who are disabled, implying there is something inherently idiotic about them, please?
Errm, I think bambam implied he was a child not disabled.

Certainly not how I interpreted it. The key word being carer, rather than guardian, and intimating he needs 24 hour care which has lapsed for a few minutes. Even at its best, it's adding nothing to the discussion on rugby, and at its worst, it's a comment that is flippant and dismissive of people who require a carer. Not quite sure why you're jumping to his defence. Let's talk about rugby, and not resort petty name-calling and one-upmanship ("but what did you really mean when you said take him out" etc).

Not quite sure how asking mikey to take a lie down is dismissive of those who need a carer

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:19 pm

Oh gawd  boxing ......kindergarten nap time overdue.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:54 pm

mid_gen wrote:We've all (Or most of us) been to games and met real fans in person. We know that real rugby fans aren't like the wind up merchants on the internet.

Funnily enough every single celtic person I've met in real life who has an interest in rugby has wanted England to lose every game (as long as we beat the English) type (except my father-in-law but including my wife). The vast majority on here are the decent ones who are proper rugby fans. There are a few (several of whom are spam posters) who act like pricks (I'm guessing to deliberately wind people up as they went to the James Haskell School of BANTER) but that's it.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:02 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
mid_gen wrote:We've all (Or most of us) been to games and met real fans in person. We know that real rugby fans aren't like the wind up merchants on the internet.

Funnily enough every single celtic person I've met in real life who has an interest in rugby has wanted England to lose every game (as long as we beat the English) type (except my father-in-law but including my wife). The vast majority on here are the decent ones who are proper rugby fans.  There are a few (several of whom are spam posters) who act like pricks (I'm guessing to deliberately wind people up as they went to the James Haskell School of BANTER) but that's it.

Well you've not met us all though.

I will support the Celtic Nations first but after that I will support England I can never bring myself to support the French no matter who they are playing. That said when Wales are not playing I do really just watch as a neutral and will support the team that plays the best rugby or tries to play it at least.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:12 pm

BamBam wrote:
miaow wrote:
nathan wrote:
miaow wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
BamBam wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:That arrogant swine Jones just can't resist running off his big fat gob. Can't wait for Evans and Lee to give England's scrum a fine tuning.

You see, this is what happens when their carers leave them unattended for a few minutes and forget to put on the parental lock on the computer.

That's pretty offensive to people who need care. Can you not conflate someone looking to wind people up on the internet with people who are disabled, implying there is something inherently idiotic about them, please?

Certainly not how I interpreted it. The key word being carer, rather than guardian, and intimating he needs 24 hour care which has lapsed for a few minutes. Even at its best, it's adding nothing to the discussion on rugby, and at its worst, it's a comment that is flippant and dismissive of people who require a carer. Not quite sure why you're jumping to his defence. Let's talk about rugby, and not resort petty name-calling and one-upmanship ("but what did you really mean when you said take him out" etc).

Not quite sure how asking mikey to take a lie down is dismissive of those who need a carer

It was Jimpy - and his comment is one of many antagonistic, disrespectful and insulting comments aimed at me in the past 2-3 weeks. There was recently a homosexual remark too, posted at me as an insult. I'm not sure why the mods think it's okay for him to keep posting it. And miaow if you think that my opinion on Eddie Jones is a WUM then you're as low as the few arrogant English posters who constantly shout others down when you don't agree with their view.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:15 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

Strange. It seems as if GF has mistaken fellow English posters for Welsh ones. Anyone else keep reading about how "England should win", or is it just me?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:28 pm

BamBam wrote:
miaow wrote:
nathan wrote:
miaow wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
BamBam wrote:

You've misread who I was directly that comment to, as nathan did. It was to Jimpy. I thought that would be quite obvious based on what we all wrote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:35 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:And miaow if you think that my opinion on Eddie Jones is a WUM then you're as low as the few arrogant English posters who constantly shout others down when you don't agree with their view.

What? I have literally no idea what you're talking about. I wasn't talking to you, nor do I know what previous conversation/argument you've got into about Eddie Jones on these boards. Genuinely, just tone it down a bit mate, perceiving personal insult based on a comment that is in no way related to you is bordering on paranoia. Let's all try to get along OK

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:39 pm

voices in the head

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:48 pm

miaow wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:And miaow if you think that my opinion on Eddie Jones is a WUM then you're as low as the few arrogant English posters who constantly shout others down when you don't agree with their view.

What? I have literally no idea what you're talking about. I wasn't talking to you, nor do I know what previous conversation/argument you've got into about Eddie Jones on these boards. Genuinely, just tone it down a bit mate, perceiving personal insult based on a comment that is in no way related to you is bordering on paranoia. Let's all try to get along OK

Can you not conflate someone looking to wind people up on the internet with people who are disabled, implying there is something inherently idiotic about them, please?

So the bold is or isn't aimed at me? Reading that I assumed that you assumed I was looking to wind people up, hence the reply to me which you then replied to. I've not got a problem with you btw...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:59 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
miaow wrote:

Can you not conflate someone looking to wind people up on the internet with people who are disabled, implying there is something inherently idiotic about them, please?

So the bold is or isn't aimed at me? Reading that I assumed that you assumed I was looking to wind people up, hence the reply to me which you then replied to. I've not got a problem with you btw...

Hi Mikey,

Other than the fact you think he's gobby (and I can't see many people disagreeing) what is your opinion on Jones as a coach? He did a decent job with Japan - or at least he and his coaching team did I think.
I get the impression you aren't a fan. Is that him as a person or coach or both?
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoonercat Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:01 pm

miaow wrote:

What? I have literally no idea what you're talking about.

Join the club, though there's a long waiting list Very Happy

Hoonercat

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:07 pm

nobbled wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
miaow wrote:

Hi Mikey,

Other than the fact you think he's gobby (and I can't see many people disagreeing) what is your opinion on Jones as a coach? He did a decent job with Japan - or at least he and his coaching team did I think.
I get the impression you aren't a fan. Is that him as a person or coach or both?

True, and I've been wondering since he came up here why the people who were slagging Gatland off have given Jones exemptions? So far nobody can answer that one and they resort to snide remarks like the creepy stalker above. I'm sure Jones is decent bloke outside of work, but then again who isn't?

As far as I know Jones is a very good coach - that was quite the transformation with Japan albeit with the help of the residency rules and lots of cash. I can't remember much of him with Australia and Saracens, or whoever else he's coached, but didn't he have a good track record with one at some point or other?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:17 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Strange. It seems as if GF has mistaken fellow English posters for Welsh ones. Anyone else keep reading about how "England should win", or is it just me?

Certainly haven't seen many people post that Wales will win in the prediction game. Nice to be underdogs.

I'm looking forward to a good day out at Twickenham and hopefully a great game.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:18 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
nobbled wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
miaow wrote:

Hi Mikey,

True, and I've been wondering since he came up here why the people who were slagging Gatland off have given Jones exemptions? So far nobody can answer that one and they resort to snide remarks like the creepy stalker above. I'm sure Jones is decent bloke outside of work, but then again who isn't?

As far as I know Jones is a very good coach - that was quite the transformation with Japan albeit with the help of the residency rules and lots of cash. I can't remember much of him with Australia and Saracens, or whoever else he's coached, but didn't he have a good track record with one at some point or other?

Ok - so to be clear - and bear with me if I've got the wrong end of the stick - you don't mind Jones, you just think it's unfair he appears to get a pass for speaking bluntly when Gatland gets stick for the same?
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:21 pm

Gatland and Eddie Jones are both WUMs Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:50 pm

nobbled wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
nobbled wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
miaow wrote:

Hi Mikey,

Ok - so to be clear - and bear with me if I've got the wrong end of the stick - you don't mind Jones, you just think it's unfair he appears to get a pass for speaking bluntly when Gatland gets stick for the same?

I certainly do think it's unfair. I've found some of Jones' comments in recent weeks a bit unnecessary, including his latest Wales jibe, so I also dislike that. He does have a big gob and being as he's Australian he'd probably take that as a compliment. I've never met or got to know him, so it would be a bit unfair for me to just hate on him - see where I'm coming from? Can I add it's very refreshing to see another English poster actually discuss things and not resort to childish insults and complaining about posts they disagree with. The culprits I've named should take note.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:55 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
nobbled wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
nobbled wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
miaow wrote:

Hi Mikey,

I certainly do think it's unfair. I've found some of Jones' comments in recent weeks a bit unnecessary, including his latest Wales jibe, so I also dislike that. He does have a big gob and being as he's Australian he'd probably take that as a compliment. I've never met or got to know him, so it would be a bit unfair for me to just hate on him - see where I'm coming from? Can I add it's very refreshing to see another English poster actually discuss things and not resort to childish insults and complaining about posts they disagree with. The culprits I've named should take note.

I think you have a point. Also bear in mind the traditional amnesty a coach (especially For England) gets from plastic fans and the media. It only lasts until the first loss! Then you'll find he's a gobby I am a twonk of the highest order no one ever liked....
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sat 12 Mar 2016, 12:45 am

Gatling Gob.
..lol
Love to know what you made of Bomber.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 12 Mar 2016, 1:06 am

At the beginning when asked Eddie said there was no pressure on him, it was all on the players. I'd say that is clearly now not the case and it is starting to show….and Gats is happily letting him fill the airwaves with his chat just to see ho much he can wind himself up without Gats feeding his troll.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 12 Mar 2016, 1:40 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Oh there's plenty of cr@p posted on this forum Raven...trust me!

From both sides though, yes? Glad you deleted the initial post, but maybe balance it out a bit more next time.

Here's hoping you wake up tomorrow and want your country to win, just for some crazy reason like it's your country. Not just because of some anonymous wum who could feasibly not be from the country they pretend to be anyway.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 Mar 2016, 6:27 am

Foggy start to the morning... Looks like it might be a bit damp on the pitch today.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoonercat Sat 12 Mar 2016, 9:27 am

mikey_dragon wrote:It was Jimpy - and his comment is one of many antagonistic, disrespectful and insulting comments aimed at me in the past 2-3 weeks. There was recently a homosexual remark too, posted at me as an insult. I'm not sure why the mods think it's okay for him to keep posting it.  And miaow if you think that my opinion on Eddie Jones is a WUM then you're as low as the few arrogant English posters who constantly shout others down when you don't agree with their view.

One reason why so many people do not get on with you Mikey. Someone mentioned you and a male doll, most people read it, smiled and moved on seeing it as a bit of a poke. You latch on to the comment, seeing it as a point-scorer and bring it up in as many threads as possible, including stating that the comment is offensive to gays which, in itself is ridiculous and shows you up for the divisive character you are. It shows that you know nothing about gay people (which fits in with your nationalist leaning quite nicely) while pretending to be outraged on their behalf. Why would someone who is gay find that comment any more offensive than someone who is hetrosexual, other than the comparison to you of course Very Happy Maybe there's a lack of oxygen to the brain?

Hoonercat

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 Mar 2016, 9:44 am

Hoonercat wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:It was Jimpy - and his comment is one of many antagonistic, disrespectful and insulting comments aimed at me in the past 2-3 weeks. There was recently a homosexual remark too, posted at me as an insult. I'm not sure why the mods think it's okay for him to keep posting it.  And miaow if you think that my opinion on Eddie Jones is a WUM then you're as low as the few arrogant English posters who constantly shout others down when you don't agree with their view.

One reason why so many people do not get on with you Mikey. Someone mentioned you and a male doll, most people read it, smiled and moved on seeing it as a bit of a poke. You latch on to the comment, seeing it as a point-scorer and bring it up in as many threads as possible, including stating that the comment is offensive to gays which, in itself is ridiculous and shows you up for the divisive character you are. It shows that you know nothing about gay people (which fits in with your nationalist leaning quite nicely) while pretending to be outraged on their behalf. Why would someone who is gay find that comment any more offensive than someone who is hetrosexual, other than the comparison to you of course Very Happy Maybe there's a lack of oxygen to the brain?

Welsh Nationalism and English Nationalism are to unbelievably different things. Welsh nationalism is not a bunch of racist morons...!

Don't make a confusion between two cultures very different interpretation.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 Mar 2016, 9:48 am

The mornings fog seems to be clearing here, the sky brightening... Hopefully it warms up a bit too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sat 12 Mar 2016, 9:54 am

Some light musing:
The only English one I can think of is that tiny and despicable EDL.
The exception which proves the general rule that there is no such thing as English nationalism outside of a few sports. Even cricket is fuzzy on this.
A fairly typical English person is often confused about British vs English identity. And this can btw p1ss off a few Scots who believe that the English think that Britain is England. But this is ignorance rather than arrogance on the part of those English who give it little thought.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 12 Mar 2016, 9:57 am

I've been away the last week and have come back to find this thread a complete embarrassment. A real shambles that shows many people off in a bad light - if this discussion was happening face to face in a pub I'm sure most would get on fine.

So needless to say it would be nice of some rugby discussion broke out before, during and after the game this afternoon!

As such the mods have got their ban hammers ready today - anyone who looks to start bickering or wumming again will find themselves on the sidelines for a few days. OK

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sat 12 Mar 2016, 10:02 am

Yeah...Maes was musing on the morning weather just now.
Utter disgrace.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 12 Mar 2016, 10:15 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Hoonercat wrote:

Welsh Nationalism and English Nationalism are to unbelievably different things. Welsh nationalism is not a bunch of racist morons...!

Please explain these comments. You're surely not suggesting that English people can't be proud of their nation?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Sat 12 Mar 2016, 10:22 am

RDW - I knew there was a reason I gave up on this forum 12 plus months ago. Having re-registered recently there seems to be a number of posters who want threads to all be about them and faux offence taken and subsequently given using rugby as a general theme.

It is all very tedious.

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 Mar 2016, 10:31 am

Sun is out.

Could be a great day for a fast and open game.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:03 am

maestegmafia wrote:Sun is out.

Could be a great day for a fast and open game.

You been camped at Twickenham all night maes? Wink

There's dedication!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:13 am

Cyril wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Hoonercat wrote:

Please explain these comments. You're surely not suggesting that English people can't be proud of their nation?

Yes I know what you mean Cyril - I found that a little annoying at first glance as there's no doubt that Wales will have its fair share of narrow minded extreme nationalists/bigots/etc. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that they exist everywhere and become more visible at different times due to political or socioeconomic reasons. Sometimes sport even brings them out Whistle Perhaps though in Wales there may be a difference in that they as a nation tend to wear their national identity on their sleeves to a greater extent whereas us English ramp it up at certain times and are fairly quietly patriotic for the majority of the time. I can't imagine maes was suggesting that all patriotic Englishmen were racist morons.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:38 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

On the contrary, I keep reading the opposite
thumbsup

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 12 Mar 2016, 1:25 pm

In theory three teams can still win the 6Ns but only one a Grand Slam,you always think France have one great game in them.
In the NH England v Wales championships and games historically there is think maybe one win either way between them.
England this term 3 from 3 can`t argue with that.Scrum not right yet,lineout fine,breakdown getting there,creating chances
but not finishing them.
Team selection good feeding in promising form players,though injuries to some extent forced it,Tuilagi at 12 makes sense but
Cockerill doesn't thing he`s match fit yet.Typical EJ mindgames about illegal Wales Scrum tactics right out of tha Oz v AB`s
book both him and Dwyer.
Wales have arguably the best defence in World rugby but there short pass keep it in midfield approach creates few tries it
could well come down to Biggar v Farrell goalkicking jamboree.
England at home should have a slight advantage but?

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sat 12 Mar 2016, 1:38 pm

England have tightest defence in points and in tries this 6n, not Wales.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 12 Mar 2016, 1:39 pm

Heard they've already erected the England triple crown podium at twickers?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 12 Mar 2016, 1:41 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Heard they've already erected the England triple crown podium at twickers?

My DVD and t shirt are on order... rose

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 12 Mar 2016, 3:34 pm

God I hate the ITV coverage. Some random host who sounds like he should be on radio 4 politics. Wilko'd psudo-psychology chit chat, Davies rabbit in headlights moments and Sir Clive sitting smugly at the back.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 12 Mar 2016, 3:49 pm

Thomas?

I don't like coverage mind. Adverts are a nuisance for a start.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 12 Mar 2016, 3:53 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Heard they've already erected the England triple crown podium at twickers?

picard Is the reason that the tripple crown trop-hy is at Twickers, is because both England and Wales are playing for it picard .

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 12 Mar 2016, 3:54 pm

Thomas, Davis, it was going to be one of the two...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 12 Mar 2016, 3:56 pm

Winner takes all, good luck gentlemen.

C'mon England
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 12 Mar 2016, 4:03 pm

Good luck Welsh fans, let's hope it's a great game

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next