The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I'd go down...... and thank God that Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal were born"

+22
Born Slippy
Jahu
hawkeye
djlovesyou
LuvSports!
summerblues
kingraf
YvonneT
djkbrown2001
JuliusHMarx
temporary21
socal1976
It Must Be Love
MMT1
Josiah Maiestas
Henman Bill
Haddie-nuff
barrystar
bogbrush
shivfan
HM Murdock
lags72
26 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

"I'd go down...... and thank God that Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal were born" - Page 8 Empty "I'd go down...... and thank God that Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal were born"

Post by lags72 Mon 21 Mar 2016, 1:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Logged on to 606 fully expecting to see all manner of debate about these ahem somewhat provocative comments (albeit since retracted, it would seem).

But - unless I've completely missed it (?) - can't see a thread, or indeed any mention so far :

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/03/tournament-director-of-bnp-paribas-open-criticizes-wta-tour/57931/#.Vu9OamIaySN

lags72

Back to top Go down

"I'd go down...... and thank God that Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal were born" - Page 8 Empty Re: "I'd go down...... and thank God that Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal were born"

Post by YvonneT Tue 29 Mar 2016, 10:41 pm

Define yourself as a masculinist if you feel it necessary. I'm sure you know why that's never really been a thing. I do think that anyone who is a feminist should be concerned as to why some men in our society are increasingly isolated, lonely, have inadequate housing etc. I'd class these as men's issues rather than specifically men lacking in rights.

The digression was the religious stuff - on equal prize money, I'm not that far from your view, except without the anti-feminist sentiment.

YvonneT

Back to top Go down

"I'd go down...... and thank God that Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal were born" - Page 8 Empty Re: "I'd go down...... and thank God that Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal were born"

Post by socal1976 Wed 30 Mar 2016, 5:35 am

YvonneT wrote:Define yourself as a masculinist if you feel it necessary. I'm sure you know why that's never really been a thing. I do think that anyone who is a feminist should be concerned as to why some men in our society are increasingly isolated, lonely, have inadequate housing etc. I'd class these as men's issues rather than specifically men lacking in rights.

The digression was the religious stuff - on equal prize money, I'm not that far from your view, except without the anti-feminist sentiment.

That is how I view my own thoughts on feminism that it is about fairness and equality. That is why I don't subscribe to the view that this prize money equality is about women's rights or feminism, it is a cynical money grab, an unfair one being dressed up in feminism to whip up the media who can't wait to run stories about misogynist, high earning males keeping those poor WTA women down. At the end of the day, before I am feminist, a liberal, or any other label I want to be known as fair and rational. Which this equal prize money argument fails on both fronts.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8