The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today?

2 posters

Go down

How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today?

How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_lcap0%How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_lcap14%How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_lcap29%How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_lcap43%How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_lcap0%How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_lcap14%How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Empty How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today?

Post by lsabre Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:32 am

Well, I know that Phillips just loves this so I thought of extending his jumping prediction 'enquiry' over here. So how far do you think the big man can go today?

lsabre

Back to top Go down

How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Empty Re: How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today?

Post by djlovesyou Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

I went for the lowest one not because I want him to do badly, but whenever I predict he's going to jump miles he always ends up having a bad competition.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today? Empty Re: How far can Phillips Idowu jump in Poland today?

Post by lsabre Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:16 pm

Don't worry DjLovesYou, as long as it is for good luck it's perfectly acceptable!!! *laugh*

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:23 pm

Well, *chuckle* next time I'll wait until Phillips himself put such a poll up on Twitter like he did before Rome last week, he didn't today so I guess it may have been more of a 'professional' win out there. I don't know what the conditions felt like out there either cos he still dominated the event with ease. That makes two wins out of two outdoors and four out of four overall for the big man. Next stop New York!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Fri 03 Jun 2011, 10:08 pm

Phillips says that an amateur official deprived him of a huge legal third round jump as he raked the sand in the pit before it was measured - well, there is always something new to witness in this life I guess! Thankfully, it wasn't in a competition that really mattered or shifted the eventual result.

The world champion also feels that the wind down the runway affected his run-up a lot although he felt a lot better during the triple jump phases.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

Concerning British triple jumping: "British triple jumper Nathan Douglas will miss the rest of the season after a freak training accident.

Douglas put his foot through a plyometric box while jump training during a warm-weather camp in Italy. "
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/13625579.stm

One wonders how this is possible and whether or not carelessness or stupidity was involved (shrugs shoulders).

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sat 04 Jun 2011, 12:44 pm

I can't figure out how this happened. Some reports around suggest that the plyometric box gave way during a hopping drill so I don't know whether it was a worn-out one, which shouldn't have been used in the first place.

I have seen throwers weighing 130-135 kgs hopping or bounding on such boxes without any impact on them while I wonder whether Nathan's foot wedged into some of the side holes, something very unlikely to happen - unless he came very close and hit it on the way up. I honestly can't tell... All I can tell is that I hope that he makes it back fully fit and the soonest possible.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down