The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

+14
superochog
Mad for Chelsea
Amazon
lydian
purplerain
cats_r_cool
Haddie-nuff
legendkillar
yloponom68
Wooffie
tennisluvver
denzilsmom
AFCWomble42
rafandready
18 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 9 Empty Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by rafandready Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

That’s the game: sometimes you win; sometimes you lose

Least said, soonest mended eh?

So we break up for our summer holidays and reflect on Rafa's half-year success that in any other season would be world-beating – a slam, a masters, a 500, another Wimbledon final and 4 other masters finals. Not Wimbledon Champion, not World No 1, but still leading every other player (other than he who must not be named) by a country mile.

Now is the time for mid-season conditioning, running repairs and riding around on a jet-ski in the Mediterranean. While I have used up nearly all my annual leave and have to start putting in the hard work <doom>. I know what I'd rather be doing.

The Montreal Masters starts on 8 August so we can reconvene in a mere 5 weeks and let's hope for more of the same…and Rafa – next time you win the toss against Djokovic – please choose to serve first, noh?

Vamos!

Last edited by rafandready on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:11 am; edited 4 times in total
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 9 Empty Re: Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

well done to James Ward....beaten Querry...good for him clap

Just having an interview with Diego the cage fighter Erm

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 9 Empty Re: Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

Diego has just said to John Inverdale....I could keel you with my bare hands...so could Woofs John.. laughing

A-Rod a set and a break up against Nando Crying or Very sad

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

oh poo...it's raining again Rolling Eyes

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:53 pm

I'd throttle Barker and Croft first though, Denz.

One of the lads I deal with a work is a body builder with a shaved head and is into this cage fighting malarky (watching, not actual fighting). For some strange reason, we have a very good working relationship ... Erm
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:10 pm

Why am I not surprised...you frighten the life out of me Erm

You can tell it's raining...they're just talking about past Wimbledons and memories. Apparently there's a special programme on BBC2 next Sunday (19th) about 125 years of Wimbledon....and when it goes back into the archives, it always leaves me in bits Cry

I realise how much of my life is caught up in this game, and especially Wimbledon...having lived so close to it as a teenager and still loving it, even if I haven't had a favourite player to follow, it's been a huge part of my life.

Do any of you remember the parade of champions they had a few years back on the middle Saturday on Centre Court...I howled all the way through that....I am a sentimental old fool!

Oh for god's sake....they've just called Rafa a beast when he plays....I get really P****d off with that!!!!!

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

There now showing a special programme on the Wimby 2008 final.....Denz with tissues at the ready Cry

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm

Now it's the Kipling poem...oh Rafa Cry

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm

Hug Denzy ... Hug Hug Hug
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

it's 2 sets all now....wonder who'll win the 5th Wink

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm

I've stopped breathing....brings it all back..... laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:56 pm

Oh you lucky thing, getting to watch that while we're working :envy:

I don't know how they are going to get this tournament finished with the weather being as it is - the prediction for Sunday is a complete wash out as well! At this rate Rafa won't get time to go home before it's time to come back again!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:58 pm

I wonder if the family are still here. Maybe they've decided not to go home this year and just hang out in London.

<nails Rafan's feet to the Easbourne floor>
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

Ouch!

No, surely they would have gone home? They haven't been spotted at Queens since Monday I think it is. Unless they are busy in Wimbledon preparing the house for the court of King Rafa.
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

Rafa's just hit that point to make it 7 all...and did that huge Vamos!!!!

he's now 0-30 on Feds serve....and the grunting from Rafa!!! he's just hit a huge c/c b/h to make it 15-40

back to deuce..but feds does a shanky...ad Rafa

ace from feds...deuce

feds nets..ad Rafa

and feds hits long...game Rafa

How did I watch this match on my own
Erm

Ok Rafa serves

and it's deuce

big serve from Rafa....ad....anyone remember Uncle T jumping out of his chair and going onto the steps so Rafa could see him better.

Rafa wins!!! Big hugs all round as we know

It finishes with Kipling poem...pictures of baby Rafa...him crying in the chair afterwards and ends with the trophy...and you wonder why I'm in bits Cry

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:10 pm

laughing laughing

Commentary on the match ... priceless. laughing
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:11 pm

Neil Harman, Jonathan Overend and two others who I don't know talking to Inverdale about that match....and Borg/Mcenroe

All agree Rafa/Roger match was best of all time.....because of the drama and the late finish.

Saying technology has changed the game so much, and that more players can win now than they would have done...it's all down to speed and power...bemoning the lost of S&V.

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:12 pm

Well you might have forgotten the outcome laughing

They're all saying AM is going to win Wimby....or Federer, no one gives Rafa a chance...why?????

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:14 pm

Prat cash has just said he saw Lendl the other day, and Lendl think Feds won't win another slam.....interesting.

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:16 pm

It's stopped raining....so play will resume soon.....if it goes on like this, you'll be home for Rafa, Woofs thumbsup

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:29 pm

Cheers Denz thumbsup

Why would they tip Rafa? He's only been in the final the last 4 times out of 5 years and won it twice, being the current World's No. 1 and showing all his guts and determination to win the most recent Slam. Yep ... why would they tip him???
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:30 pm

Chris Kermode has just been talking to John Inverdale, praising Rafa...saying he's on his knees with exhaustion, but will always fulfill his committments heart

Resumed play...Nando not playing well, but hopefully may make a fight of it yet Very Happy

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:31 pm

Roddick 4-1 up with a double break....hurry up Woofs :run2:

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:33 pm

Oh dear ... not a chance I'll get home for this. I was hoping for 6 pm. Cry

I see the Rafan <jinx> has worked again ... this time on Fer. Rolling Eyes

She'll be b l dy "de nada'd" next time he sees her ...
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:39 pm

Rafan is turning into the Jonah for Tennis players Doh

She's not to go anywhere near Rafa outside the All England.....no photos....autographs...nothing laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:43 pm

Look what I've found ... appletini

<shakes head>

But I suppose its better than guinness or cider

But I still want <bubbly> Cry
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

GSM Roddick...6-3 6-2...Nando really didn't play well Sad

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

Yep...don't expect Fer to be the same in the coming months...which means he might do well for a change laughing

Poor old Marin has never recovered from the Shocked of me getting his autograph.
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

If there's another impromtu party tonight ... we will be well oiled ... Erm

Denz is a right one for the old pints ... :run2:

You ended Marin's career, Rafan.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

Are we ready for Rafa appletini

Rafa is already out...the interview with Roddick was still going on and Rafa snuck out onto the court!

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

Vamos !! appletini
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:52 pm

I likes a pint as you well know Woofs....you can still beat me with your yard of ale Ale

Are you sure you don't own that thong I found this morning Whistle

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:56 pm

Listen ... if I put a thong on, it would be never be found again ... Erm

I loves me Bridgets ... laughing
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:01 pm

Tsonga beat him hollow in the 2008 AO semi...(Castle)...he has the weapons.

It's raining again Doh

well they're going to start

Jo to serve

ace..15-0

oops Rafa slips and falls over chasing a ball at the net...but he's fine and is laughing...30-0

Play is suspended...again

mad

Tsonga and Rafa are sitting in their chairs...no chance of playing but he's sitting with a towel over his shoulder and a brolly over his head.

Tsonga has gone...but Rafa is still waiting and the courts are covered....don't think you'll play yet Rafa.

He's signing autographs....oh he's off now....talking to Graham Kimpton but he's going....chatting to the crowd and laughing, he's so good natured kiss

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

Don't you just love this guy heart He's not afraid of a bit of humidity.

I rushed to get all my chores done and settled down to Rafa and saw 2 points Rolling Eyes

I'm bored now......

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

Ask Woofs if you can have a drop of her yard of ale...that's if there's any left laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:10 pm

<burp>

<gone>
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:16 pm

hello rafa fans Hug

rain eh? who needs it? furious

how's Rafa been doing so far this week? Saw he lost a set to Stepanek yesterday. Tsonga will be a real test I think.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:18 pm

Tennis to resume in 10 Min...looks like you had a much better day yesterday Rafan Very Happy

Let's hope it gets finished tonight..one way or the other...and Rafa if you win this....don't play doubles...please<begs>

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:21 pm

Hi MFC Hug

Rafa's been ok this week....tried to rush his match yesterday and ended up having to go to 3 Doh

He's on his knees with tiredness tho....so I honestly don't know how he'll do against JoWilly today, but JW has a really good chance.

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

They're coming back out....but it looks pretty grey Rolling Eyes

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

well there's a decent rest after this week anyway isn't there? So nothing to get worried about really... I'm a bit surprised he played Queens at all after winning RG TBH

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:28 pm

Hi MFC Hug

Rafa has played Queens every time after winning the FO. He has to do something to get some grass practice and this is the way he does it. Only in 2008 did he ever reach the final ... other than that its been quarter final losses or worse. But he's reached the final of Wimbers even with doing it ... so fingers crossed.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:29 pm

yeah I think he'll be fine for Wimbers. Just think Tsonga may have a bit too much for him today...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:33 pm

Right folks

Tsonga has won his opening game and Rafa is 40-15 up after serving a D/F

Big F/H from Rafa wins the game 1 all

JW to serve

big serve 15-0

and another..30-0

and another...40-0 <yawn>

ace...game Tsonga..2-1

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:34 pm

aha my stream is obviously a bit behind

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:34 pm

Thanks for the commentary, Denzy. Much appreciated by those of us still working at 5.30pm on a Friday.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:39 pm

Rafa not getting a look in on Tsonga's serve so far, but holding his own easily too. Is it too early to say tie-break?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:45 pm

Evening Womble Hug

Well I'm off for home now ... Yahoo ... Can't do any more cos I'm Erm

I'm coming Rafa ...........................................
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:48 pm

Rafa serves

Tsonga nets..15-0

Tsonga hits long...30-0

Ace!...40-0

and a drive volley shot (sort of) from Rafa..game Rafa 2 all

JW to serve

serve was called in 15-0

big serve 30-0

and again...40-0

ace....game JW..3-2

Very cheap points from Tsonga...huge serves and Rafa hasn't had a shot yet..

beautiful evening

Oh they're now discussing that Rafa doesn't pay Toni...disbelief in their voice
Doh

Rafa serves

D/F..0-15

Tsonga nets off a 2nd serve...15 all

big Rafa serve...30-15

JW hits couple of good c/c shots..30 all

another fierce JW b/h..30-40

and a huge f/h from Rafa...opened up the court nicely...deuce

nice shot at net from Rafa..ad

JW hits out down the line...game Rafa 3 all

JW to serve

Prat cash Doh

Ace..15-0

big f/h down the line..30-0

JW hits long..30-15

where's Rafa going...turned his phone off!!

Ace....40-15

JW has a net cord but it goes out..40-30

ace...game Tsonga..4-3

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:54 pm

Hi Womble Hug

Everyone let me know when you leave work...I'll stop Rabbiting.

Ace from Rafa...15-0

Dropshot...30-0

Tsonga nets..40-0

Rafa hits a wild one out of court...40-15

and again! 40-30

big serve from Rafa..and JW hits long...4 all

It's very quiet there...and match isn't wonderful

JW to serve

ace..15-0

big serve..30-0

ace.40-0

another big serve...game Tsonga 5-4

Yawn...it's dullsville out there...can't asses how well Rafa is playing, because he can't get his racquet on anything...oh now I've got to go online...will return soon

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next