The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Famous faces" at the BMW PGA Championship

+4
Hibbz
kwinigolfer
super_realist
I'm never wrong
8 posters

Go down

"Famous faces" at the BMW PGA Championship Empty "Famous faces" at the BMW PGA Championship

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 30 Mar 2016, 5:18 pm

From the ET website:- Paul Scholes, Robbie Fowler and John Terry are among the "famous faces" that will be playing in the pro-am. Other footballers include Alan Shearer, Ian Wright, Glen Hoddle, Teddy Sheringham, Jamie Redknapp, Peter Schmeichal, Dwight Yorke, Gianfranco Zola and David Ginola.
Last year the pro am raised £35,000 for charity.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

"Famous faces" at the BMW PGA Championship Empty Re: "Famous faces" at the BMW PGA Championship

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Mar 2016, 5:54 pm

Shouldn't that be "ugly faces" with the likes of Scholes, Fowler and Terry in there?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

"Famous faces" at the BMW PGA Championship Empty Re: "Famous faces" at the BMW PGA Championship

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 30 Mar 2016, 7:19 pm

35K is a pathetically small amount considering the event, the quality of the field and the so-called celebs.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 30 Mar 2016, 7:38 pm

Famous faeces. Snigger.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 30 Mar 2016, 8:00 pm

Hmmm out of that lot who would I actually like to play a round of golf with?

Shearer, Ian Wright and Ginola maybe .. the rest ... nah

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Mar 2016, 8:11 pm

Can't say I'd think any of them would be decent company. Ian Wright maybe, but a hopeless golfer.

Footballers are simply not very interesting people by and large.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 30 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:35K is a pathetically small amount considering the event, the quality of the field and the so-called celebs.
Agreed Kwini. Even though most of them have retired, they could have put their hands in their pockets a bit deeper. Money also came from the tour professionals and the Tour Players Foundation, so it makes it even worse.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 30 Mar 2016, 8:41 pm

This surely has to be a typo or a misrepresented number. Perhaps it just represents how much is paid by people to play in the pro-am, ignoring everything else such as the before and after festivities, raffles, auctions etc.

Let's guess there are 40 groups, each with 3 "amateurs" .. so 120 paying pundits. What do they pay to enter? £500 a head maybe? so that's 60k income .. take out the catering costs etc. perhaps that would come to £35k?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Mar 2016, 8:48 pm

160 consuming 25,000 quids worth of catering is £156 each. That's an expensive bacon roll and coffee.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 30 Mar 2016, 11:17 pm

super_realist wrote:160 consuming 25,000 quids worth of catering is £156 each. That's an expensive bacon roll and coffee.
Don't forget Lowry is there.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 31 Mar 2016, 9:37 am

Hibbz wrote:Famous faeces. Snigger.

Infantile, but...

Chortle.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu 31 Mar 2016, 11:24 am

Are there only footballers playing in this? Are they the only ones with "famous faces"? Tumbleweed How extremely boring. I'm with Hibbz on this one.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:45 pm

The only other "celeb" they mentioned was a member of a defunct? popular beat combo.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down