The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxnation outbid Sky for Khan-Canelo

+9
Coxy001
Rodney
TopHat24/7
catchweight
Dipper Brown
Hammersmith harrier
Rowley
AdamT
ShahenshahG
13 posters

Go down

Boxnation outbid Sky for Khan-Canelo Empty Boxnation outbid Sky for Khan-Canelo

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 02 Apr 2016, 1:37 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Thank you Livesport stream, will be watching at work

http://www.boxnation.com/boxing-news/khan-v-canelo-blockbuster-fight-to-be-shown-live-on-boxnation/

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Boxnation outbid Sky for Khan-Canelo Empty Re: Boxnation outbid Sky for Khan-Canelo

Post by AdamT Sat 02 Apr 2016, 2:43 pm

Sky probably don't want to pay a fortune for a mismatch. I think Khan will do well early, but it's a mismatch on paper.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Boxnation outbid Sky for Khan-Canelo Empty Re: Boxnation outbid Sky for Khan-Canelo

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 02 Apr 2016, 4:15 pm

Reckon they've spent all this time clawing back monies they paid to football. That bubble might be bursting depending on the EU vote

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:07 pm

Yes most likely.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 02 Apr 2016, 6:29 pm

Sky were outbid because they did not think it would do the numbers on PPV. They have had one already, one next week, will bank on getting the Fury rematch and if Brook is able to get a big name over for his next defence that is four already. Add in Joshua Haye potentially and they probably think a fight in the middle of the night a lot expect to be uncompetitive is unlikely to do enough numbers to justify the cost, or to risk it hurting the domestic PPVs.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 02 Apr 2016, 6:36 pm

Another angle might be the damage seeing Khan being dominated might do to a potential fight with Brook, then again I don't think he's a draw over here any more.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 02 Apr 2016, 8:42 pm

Or, how do you sell Brook vs Malignaggi as a big deal after showing Khan vs Canelo?

Sky tend to ignore boxing if it doesn't suit their narrative.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:55 pm

Save the budget so we can Joshua the gloves are off

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:25 am

Sky for domestic, BN for international.

Same old same old...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:06 pm

Surprised at this I thought Sky were in Shoo in - considering they'd spent a few quid covering the press tours, think this will be a blow. I did read that Matchroom receive a cut of any takings on PPV Boxing whether its their show or not - something to do with exclusivity to the channel, think the Hearns boys received a few quid off the back of Wlad v Fury. Sky need shooting really.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:30 pm

If Khan win, SKY will be kicking themselves, but even if Khan wins, I can't see the British media going over board or the British public caring too much given the fact Khan's been based in the US for so long, many people who aren't ardent boxing fans will have forgotten about him.

Suppose it's indicative of boxing when Haye's fight against whoever the f*ck he's fighting will probably gain more viewers than a British fighter taking a real gamble/risk.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:33 pm

The thing is, if Khan does win, the Brook fight will be farther away than ever.

Khan will either land the big one with Floyd, or he will fight Canelo in a rematch.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

If he beats Canelo who is by no means invincible then he'll have earned the right to call the shots for the foreseeable future. problem is, it's still a big ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 1:29 pm

AdamT wrote:The thing is, if Khan does win, the Brook fight will be farther away  than ever.

Khan will either land the big one with Floyd, or he will fight Canelo in a rematch.

He won't won't won't/can't can't can't win! Canelo batters him from pillar to post.... Saying that he could just spark him out in the center of the ring as well. Hey ho either way Canelo views this as a warm up fight for GGG later this year.

It's nice to see Sky take the humane approach to this, very commendable that they don't want to broadcast a massacre on live TV.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 04 Apr 2016, 2:44 pm

Khan is the greatest boxer

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:00 pm

One would like to think, in light of recent events, that if/when Canelo does land the big one, Khan's night will be ended quickly and he's not on the end of a sustained beating but it could be competitive for a few rounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:03 pm

I think competitive for a few (Khan jabbing and moving) then Canelo times him and it ends badly.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:21 pm

Most likely outcome...bit like the Garcia fight but more conclusive/concussive

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:28 pm

I would like it to go past the halfway stage. Khan needs to fight the perfect fight. I can't see it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:36 pm

Best I can see for Khan is Canelo by late stoppage after being behind on the cards...except Richie Woodhall's

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:52 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Best I can see for Khan is Canelo by late stoppage after being behind on the cards...except Richie Woodhall's

His cards are THE worst I have ever known.

Fury was ahead vs Cunningham?

Blackwell was level with Eubank through 6 rounds?!

Sorry Richie, have to disagree there sir.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Wed 06 Apr 2016, 5:12 pm

Surprised sky didn't take it.

It'll be over before halfway I reckon, but casual look would surely think this will be competitive... Name vs name

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 06 Apr 2016, 7:00 pm

seems like sky are only interested in PPV's, and with this being in the early hours would have been a tough sell. of the top off my head cant think of too many american ppv shows other than hattons

Last edited by compelling and rich on Fri 08 Apr 2016, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:04 pm

Sky weren't willing to pay more money than BoxNation and the only way the could without losing big money on it was putting it on PPV, which they didn't want to. Fair enough, really.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down