The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+10
Strings Philander
GSC
SimonofSurrey
kingdaveeagle
JDizzle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Corporalhumblebucket
LondonTiger
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 5 Empty SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 09 Apr 2016, 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

AND WE'RE BACK Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THEIR OPENING SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE AT TRENT BRIDGE STARTING ON SUNDAY.
Mark Footitt and Ravi Rampaul are both named in a Surrey Championship squad for the first time and Jason Roy is included in the squad having returned from the World T20 with England.
Rory Burns has been appointed the official Vice Captain for the 2016 season.
There is no place in the squad for james burke or Dominic sibley while jade dernbach,stuart meaker and son of boris remain on the treatment table.
The Surrey Squad to play Nottinghamshire in the Specsavers County Championship at Trent Bridge on Sunday April 10th, Monday April 11th, Tuesday April 12th and Wednesday April 13th :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Matthew Dunn
Ben Foakes
Mark Footitt
Arun Harinath
Ravi Rampaul
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
tough to call the two to miss out so i'll go for wilson and dunn
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 5 Empty Re: SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

Ravi goes for 6 from his first over to stem the tide...

55/0 from 11

Norah must consider himself if just to pose something different!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 5 Empty Re: SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Apr 2016, 2:31 pm

Proving there was nothing wrong with the pitch just the bowlers

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 2:33 pm

Mullaney hits Rampaul for a 4 and then a 6 in his second over. They're coasting it at the moment.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Apr 2016, 2:37 pm

Ravioli strikes Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 2:55 pm

Pitt the younger gets Lumb and Taylor in the same over!

85/3

Another quick one things start getting interesting...

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 2:58 pm

Rampaul needs to get the shepherds crook.

Give Sam Curran a chance.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Apr 2016, 2:58 pm

Put your foot behind the line Rampaul you useless plonker, it's not hard

What's the point in Batty playing? Seriously no point whatsoever
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:01 pm

king_carlos wrote:Pitt the younger gets Lumb and Taylor in the same over!

85/3

Another quick one things start getting interesting...

If nothing else, that's given GSC a bit more anxiety which is welcome! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:02 pm

3rd wkt for Pitt the younger just 6 more good balls to go Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:02 pm

I'm going back out for a 2nd lunch
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:06 pm

Why is Rampaul still bowling

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:07 pm

Please get Rampaul out the attack!!

Bowling with a 7-2 field and he's bowling on the legs.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:09 pm

5 down.

Enter Read - please, please may I be wrong about him!!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:09 pm

Ravioli again Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:10 pm

GSC wrote:I'm going back out for a 2nd lunch
Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:10 pm

Eat my words as Rampaul gets Samit Patel. Sounds like an awful shot and an excellent catch by Sanga.

100/5, 69 more needed to win.

In comes Read, as guildford has pointed out he is so often a thorn in our side. These are situations when Read usually makes a mockery of the view he can't bat by dragging his side over the line.

Please no one try the slower ball! I'm tired of hearing that he's nonchalantly smacked it for a boundary.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:13 pm

Need smith and read asap to have a shot
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:21 pm

Rampaul with another 2 no balls. furious

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:22 pm

Olly wrote:Need smith and read asap to have a shot

One of them and we're into the tail.

Hutton can bat but tends to take some big heaves, could go very well for either side.

Greg Smith has a point to prove to Notts fans and is batting like it currently tho. Sad

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:24 pm

EDIT: Being an idiot with slow loading commentary. False accusation of another no ball!

And then as I correct myself he does bowl another... picard

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:35 pm

22 runs from Rampaul no balls so far this innings

Just not good enough
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:37 pm

Re Rampaul and no balls, etc - it's all very well Stewie praising his wicket taking on the Club website but the seamer needs to demonstrate better control on many fronts.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:37 pm

He is making up for the no balls with wkts Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:39 pm

Olly wrote:22 runs from Rampaul no balls so far this innings

Just not good enough

10 runs this innings I believe Olly?

It's 2 runs per no ball now but when scorecards list extras they do number of runs - i.e. cricinfo currently list (b 2, lb 2, nb 10)

5 no balls so far this innings with another 8 in the first innings means 26 runs have been given away in no balls so far this game. Still just not good enough despite my nit-picking.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:42 pm

Rampaul is so bad he has bowled a no-ball for Mark Footitt!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:44 pm

Tea called with Notts at 116/5, 53 runs required to win with 5 wickets.

It's been a spirited fight back from Surrey after Notts raced to 72 for no fall with Mullaney once again in explosive form.

If it's to remain a contest in this final session then Smith or Read need to be removed in quick time. I'd guess that Norah will start the final session with Tom Curran and Footitt in order to try to force that breakthrough.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:46 pm

VTR wrote:Rampaul is so bad he has bowled a no-ball for Mark Footitt!

I was stating 13 no balls (and 26 runs from them) was not good enough from the side as a whole rather than just Ravi.

In the pursuit of fairness though Footitt has bowled 2 of those 13 no balls in the match, overstepping the crease once in each innings.

That does admittedly still leave Ravi with 11 no-balls from 24.4 overs so far though! Hug

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:46 pm

Small totals on the 4th day can do funny things to the brain. One decent partnership should ease us home but they're making a meal of it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:48 pm

king_carlos wrote:

Just not good enough

It's 2 runs per no ball now but when scorecards list extras they do number of runs - i.e. cricinfo currently list (b 2, lb 2, nb 10)

5 no balls so far this innings with another 8 in the first innings means 26 runs have been given away in no balls so far this game. Still just not good enough despite my nit-picking.

Including runs made off the subsequent extra delivery in the over too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:51 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:He is making up for the no balls with wkts Very Happy

Hi JImBob - I know there's a Very Happy there from you but Alec Stewart went some way at the end of day one to seriously suggest his fivefer made up for his boundary balls. I normally go along with Stewie but not there. The wickets came too late as the real damage had already been done. Tremendous effort led by the Baron to pull things back on days 3 and 4 but we can't overlook what happened earlier. I also still doubt that we will be able to make up sufficiently but continue to hope I'm proved wrong - as GSC goes for his third lunch! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:53 pm

I was just pulling you leg carlos.

Good game this anyway, Notts is sort of my team as in I used to go and watch them every now and then though I don't lose much sleep over how they are doing

I'd back Read to get Notts over the line - he can certainly bat at County level

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:57 pm

VTR - that's a decent attempt to jinx Read there! Thanks although I still go along with you - unfortunately! Smile

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:00 pm

First ball after tea is a............Rampaul no ball!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:01 pm

The first season we signed him, 2012 I think, Jonathan Lewis bowled 50 no balls in CC cricket and thus cost us 100 runs. I went crackers about that at the time so no prizes for guessing my thoughts about Rampaul overstepping 11 times so far on debut!

PS The only good thing about Lewis was his wife, eh JimBob? Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:02 pm

Make that 12 times so far! mad

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:26 pm

I think we had 12 in 170 overs or so for context
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:27 pm

Sam Curran hasn't been called in for a exam this afternoon has he?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:29 pm

Olly wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

Just not good enough

Including runs made off the subsequent extra delivery in the over too

Ah right! Terrific effort working that out then Olly! Smile

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:30 pm

Rampaul might be a no-balling, buffet-demolishing quick bowler but he does seem to have a knack of taking wickets! Game on again

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:32 pm

Read goes! Rampaul continues to pick up wickets whilst seemingly not in great rhythm.

136/6

Only 33 needed to win but if Smith can be nipped out then anything could happen.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:45 pm

Good fightback in this last innings by Surrey but, even with Read gone, it was a case of too little too late.

What's the odds on the match ending with a Rampaul no ball.  Shocked

Sadly, it looks as though Guildford has never really got over Jon Lewis's no balls. Rampaul has reopened the wound!   Hug

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:46 pm

Batty had no confidence in baby face Erm

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:48 pm

Smith gone squeaky bum time

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:48 pm

152 - 7 Tom Curran removes Smith.... Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:51 pm

13 needed with 3 wickets left...

Whatever happens this has been an excellent CC match.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:52 pm

Sam Curran has just fielded a ball so is out there. It just seems he hasn't been trusted by Norah.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 5:03 pm

Hutton and Ball see Notts home to victory and a maximum 24 points in the table. clap clap

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Apr 2016, 5:03 pm

Looks like we'll get over the line.

Credit to Surrey for making a game of it after the first 2 days, not sure if we took it a tad easier or so. Certainly made it hard for ourselves this afternoon. Best of luck for the rest of the season guys (except for the return games Smile)
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Apr 2016, 5:05 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Wed 13 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm

Good effort but just not good enough. Perhaps without the no-balls eh??? Worrying that that buffoon of a captain didn't try Curran the younger younger for an over or two, especially as they were 100 odd for 5 yet got to 172 for just 2 more wickets.

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next