The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judgement Day

+22
wales606
wayne
Blueschief
R!skysports
Breadvan
Sin é
GavinDragon
ScarletSpiderman
SecretFly
Luckless Pedestrian
mikey_dragon
carpet baboon
PenfroPete
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
bedfordwelsh
RiscaGame
Cardiff Dave
Steffan
PhilBB
munkian
No9
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Judgement Day - Page 4 Empty Judgement Day

Post by No9 Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

The WRU say 70,000 tickets have been sold... but, as this party run its course.

I ask, as don't recollect anyone discussing here, and I remember last year all too well, where the games started to slow up and the major excitement around where I was in the stadium was who could get their paper plane to fly the furthest...

I guess, the WRU will paint it as a successful event again, and it is in marketing terms as selling 70k tickets is a great achievement, but is it a success in rugby terms..

Thoughts...

No9

Back to top Go down

Judgement Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Judgement Day

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:34 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Lets talk about JD. Have any teams been announced yet ?

Cardiff, Ospreys, NG Dragons and Scarlets, mun!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:53 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:It sounds like something I would say tbh. Fans were asking for a double header for years, now we have one people seem intent on bitching about it. The problems that ST holders are experiencing might be rectified when the contract is renewed - plus, no Roger Lewis this time around so the union might be more open to discussing the T&Cs.

To be honest, I don't know which fans have been asking for a double header. But if it is as I suspect (i.e. it was probably more Western based supporters), then something should be done to make it a fairer split, whether that be an extra game or whatever. Then you would have no issues with teams losing home games and you could then satisfy Dowlais' view that Judgement Day should be there for a good day out.

I'd wager that Cardiff supporters weren't consulted on the matter or if they were, it was via the cheerleading club.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:18 pm

Well I'm going at cannot wait tbh. Yeh it'll probably be a £100+ day with beer n grub, travel but it'll be a laugh. Sitting with the NGDs fans in L11 and 60k fans should make for a great atmosphere. As for the game, The blues used to be a token circled win for the Ospreys but not this time going on form. Expect the blues to chuck the ball around and aimless box kicking from Webb then Sad
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:35 pm

Breadvan wrote:Well I'm going at cannot wait tbh. Yeh it'll probably be a £100+ day with beer n grub, travel but it'll be a laugh. Sitting with the NGDs fans in L11 and 60k fans should make for a great atmosphere. As for the game, The blues used to be a token circled win for the Ospreys but not this time going on form. Expect the blues to chuck the ball around and aimless box kicking from Webb then Sad

Sitting with Dragons fans isn't a bad thing for an Osprey. You both will be cheering each other on anyway.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Breadvan wrote:Well I'm going at cannot wait tbh. Yeh it'll probably be a £100+ day with beer n grub, travel but it'll be a laugh. Sitting with the NGDs fans in L11 and 60k fans should make for a great atmosphere. As for the game, The blues used to be a token circled win for the Ospreys but not this time going on form. Expect the blues to chuck the ball around and aimless box kicking from Webb then Sad

Sitting with Dragons fans isn't a bad thing for an Osprey.  You both will be cheering each other on anyway.

Drags fans prefer to squat rather than sit, shewerly?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:16 pm

No9 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Bedford they've agreed, and signed up for a No. of years. Next time maybe we all sign up the Dragons won't lose a home game?

As for the OP, what exactly do you want from this event? Rather than whine about it get down there and support welsh rugby. If not and you prefer to stay at home on your soap box, try to refrain from whining on here so I don't have to read it.

Well done Dickey, again your comment is nothing less than crud..

Where, in my OP, do I whine about Judgment Day. It is an opening statement for debate, simply posing the question if JD has lost its appeal. There is no whining..

Where, in my OP, do I say I wasn't attending, where does it say I prefer to stay at home..

.. and finally, who gives you the authority to censor what I or anyone else has to say. You don't want to read it, DONT... Simple. Actually, go one step further and do us all a favour and don't post either..

You really are a complete MUPPET!!!

Oh.. and as you enjoyed picking me up on a typo yesterday..

mikey_dragon wrote:Fans were asking for a double header for years, now we have one people seem intent on bitching about it.  

I think it should be one PERSON or SEVERAL people... Let you chose which.. Whistle

Well this was painful to read, it seems to be a trend with you one-eyed turks - and DW I'm sure a fellow supporter is sniffing around here still and will surely be in to hump your leg some time in the early hours, so rest assured.
Your OP is a whine, which is no surprise as all of your articles are whines, and when people disagree you act like a tw*t, like now. BTW you said "but is it a success in rugby terms.. " If you were able to expand on that then you would add some value here, but I sincerely doubt a Howley f**k boy such as yourself is capable.
It was merely a suggestion, why don't you go whine somewhere else instead of boring us all. If not you could always go for a walk, off the edge of the cliff Very Happy.

There actually isn't a typo there you special. I was clearly referring to fans collectively when mentioning the term "people" - you really are stupid if couldn't comprehend that. I don't pick up on typo's as I'm prone to them myself. You clearly made a spelling and grammatical error - your sentence made no sense.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:19 pm

No9 wrote:Well, looks like been a lot of debate here, not been able to join in as been up to my eyes with work..

Reading your beano mags were you?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:38 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Lets talk about JD. Have any teams been announced yet ?

Cardiff, Ospreys, NG Dragons and Scarlets, mun!

laughing

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:23 pm

NGD team

Meyer, Hughes, Warren, Dixon, Amos, O'Brien Smile, Davies, Price, Dee, Harris, Crosswell, Landman, Evans (c), Cudd, Faletau

Garrett, Buckley, Fairbrother, Screech, Jackson, Pretorious, Kingsley Jr, Kingsley Jr 2

Pleasantly surprised he did what was necessary (for now anyway) and benched Dorian. I'm not bothered by Charlie Davies starting personally and am happy to see Dixon back. Pity to not have Tyler Morgan, but maybe Adam Warren might look to prove a point v his old team.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm

I did hear we were swapping the half backs. Very Happy

Good for Luke Garrett to get a spot on the bench too.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:27 pm

I like Sarel, but I do think he tries to snipe too much and sometimes doesn't help his ten. I think certain games it's right he comes on when hopefully the game opens up.

Hope Angus has his kicking boots.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:33 pm

He passing's up and down too, literally sometimes. They make more sense this way round.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:40 pm

Ospreys team though Shocked

Yes, he had a reputation as a poor passer when we signed him, didn't he?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:54 pm

A request to he OP - can you actually specify what this is about - which teams, which event etc

We are not all as aware of every game that is being played and promoted and there are so many judgements

Thanks

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 29 Apr 2016, 1:02 pm

Riskysports wrote:A request to he OP - can you actually specify what this is about - which teams, which event etc

We are not all as aware of every game that is being played and promoted and there are so many judgements

Thanks

It's not the official match thread pal, you won't get much sense from the one who posted it. We could all chip in though and make a good match thread Very Happy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 29 Apr 2016, 1:04 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Ospreys team though Shocked

They've gone for a big pack so I can guess what they'll be trying to do, especially as Blues have a flanker in the boiler room; But their back-row looks particularly odd. They won't be getting many turnovers where-as the Blues should get plenty.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 29 Apr 2016, 1:07 pm

It's the back line too, with John on the wing and Matavesi on the bench. I'd had to have let Underhill have a go at the three Cardiff 7s

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 29 Apr 2016, 1:07 pm

Here's the Ospreys team for Judgement Day IV:

15 Dan Evans
14 Hanno Dirksen
13 Jonathan Spratt
12 Owen Watkin
11 Ben John
10 Dan Biggar
9 Rhys Webb (Capt)
1 Nicky Smith
2 Scott Baldwin
3 Dmitri Arhip
4 Adam Beard
5 Rynier Bernardo
6 Olly Cracknell
7 James King
8 Dan Lydiate

REPLACEMENTS
16 Sam Parry
17 Gareth Thomas
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 Rory Thornton
20 Sam Underhill
21 Brendon Leonard
22 Sam Davies
23 Josh Matavesi

I know we've been hampered by injuries but good grief that's a shocker, even by Tandys standards.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 29 Apr 2016, 1:27 pm

RiscaGame wrote:NGD team

Meyer, Hughes, Warren, Dixon, Amos, O'Brien Smile, Davies, Price, Dee, Harris, Crosswell, Landman, Evans (c), Cudd, Faletau

Garrett, Buckley, Fairbrother, Screech, Jackson, Pretorious, Kingsley Jr, Kingsley Jr 2

Pleasantly surprised he did what was necessary (for now anyway) and benched Dorian. I'm not bothered by Charlie Davies starting personally and am happy to see Dixon back. Pity to not have Tyler Morgan, but maybe Adam Warren might look to prove a point v his old team.

I like the halfback pairing - I actually prefer Davies and hope he gets more starts.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:06 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Have you tried Dickie Dutch?

No need. The WRU sets the rules.

It's ok, Andy Dowellais will cheer on my team for me whilst I will probably be on some fairway somewhere.

The joys of Sky Plus.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri 29 Apr 2016, 4:30 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Riskysports wrote:A request to he OP - can you actually specify what this is about - which teams, which event etc

Thanks

It's not the official match thread pal, you won't get much sense from the one who posted it. We could all chip in though and make a good match thread Very Happy.

Still no idea what matches it is discussing though :-O

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Fri 29 Apr 2016, 5:00 pm

Found a good article which explains what it's about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36154069

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Fri 29 Apr 2016, 5:09 pm

Riskysports wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Thanks

Riskysports - Judgement Day is the marketing event where we have back to back games in the Principality Stadium (formerly Millennium Stadium) where 4 regions play each other... (Judgement Day (Wiki))... The OP, was not about specific games or teams but whether the event has run its course.. Which, looks like from most fans (Welsh) hasn't ....

As for Dickey... your a real tw*t aren't you... I'm really fed up with you prodding at me at every opportunity. Lets not forget you started this, with your insult throwing first.. I just hope I bump into you tomorrow, as I'll take great pleasure in stopping your vile posts by breaking your fingers.. But then again, a bedroom warrior like you probably wont be allowed out without your mam...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 29 Apr 2016, 6:35 pm

Breadvan wrote:Here's the Ospreys team for Judgement Day IV:

15 Dan Evans
14 Hanno Dirksen
13 Jonathan Spratt
12 Owen Watkin
11 Ben John
10 Dan Biggar
9 Rhys Webb (Capt)
1 Nicky Smith
2 Scott Baldwin
3 Dmitri Arhip
4 Adam Beard
5 Rynier Bernardo
6 Olly Cracknell
7 James King
8 Dan Lydiate

REPLACEMENTS
16 Sam Parry
17 Gareth Thomas
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 Rory Thornton
20 Sam Underhill
21 Brendon Leonard
22 Sam Davies
23 Josh Matavesi

I know we've been hampered by injuries but good grief that's a shocker, even by Tandys standards.
Sorry Breadvan, I don't know what changes you would have made, there is not a lot that can be done with our injury list, possibly Underhill in at 7 but the talk is he wouldn't last more than 30 minutes, that's why he is on the bench, even that is a risk.
Ben John would have been selected ahead of Eli for the last few games if he hadn't had niggles and selection was on form, Josh defensively has been abysmal, Spratt is not the quickest but misses very little.
If 2 certain players had been fit and raring to go I would have been very confident of at least 4 points tomorrow, I'm still not writing us off totally.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Have you tried Dickie Dutch?

No need. The WRU sets the rules.

It's ok, Andy Dowellais will cheer on my team for me whilst I will probably be on some fairway somewhere.

The joys of Sky Plus.

Aye, but as you purchased your ST from Cardiff, he's the person to complain to so he can lean on the WRU to sort it, shewerly? Pretty obvious to me that Cardiff and Drags ST holders should be offered the better seats.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:18 pm

Thanks

It's a Mikey Rayer. Hope that helps.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:33 pm

Cardiff Blues: Dan Fish; Aled Summerhill, Garyn Smith, Rey Lee-Lo, Tom James; Gareth Anscombe, Lewis Jones; Gethin Jenkins (capt), Matthew Rees, Taufa'ao Filise, Josh Turnbull, James Down, Sam Warburton, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi

Replacements: Kristian Dacey, Brad Thyer, Dillon Lewis, Jarrad Hoeata, Manoa Vosawai, Tomos Williams, Jarrod Evans, Gavin Evans

Real blow losing Lloyd and Patchell for this one. Especially with Webb playing for the opposition.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:47 pm

wales606 wrote:Cardiff Blues: Dan Fish; Aled Summerhill, Garyn Smith, Rey Lee-Lo, Tom James; Gareth Anscombe, Lewis Jones; Gethin Jenkins (capt), Matthew Rees, Taufa'ao Filise, Josh Turnbull, James Down, Sam Warburton, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi

Replacements: Kristian Dacey, Brad Thyer, Dillon Lewis, Jarrad Hoeata, Manoa Vosawai, Tomos Williams, Jarrod Evans, Gavin Evans

Real blow losing Lloyd and Patchell for this one. Especially with Webb playing for the opposition.

Our 7s will have him on toast.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:51 pm

No9 wrote:
Riskysports wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Thanks

Riskysports - Judgement Day is the marketing event where we have back to back games in the Principality Stadium (formerly Millennium Stadium) where 4 regions play each other... (Judgement Day (Wiki))... The OP, was not about specific games or teams but whether the event has run its course.. Which, looks like from most fans (Welsh) hasn't ....

As for Dickey... your a real tw*t aren't you... I'm really fed up with you prodding at me at every opportunity. Lets not forget you started this, with your insult throwing first.. I just hope I bump into you tomorrow, as I'll take great pleasure in stopping your vile posts by breaking your fingers.. But then again, a bedroom warrior like you probably wont be allowed out without your mam...

And again, No9 sinks to nothing, and it's there for all to see Smile. BTW you started this weeks ago on an England vs Wales thread. Short memory? I also didn't attack you on this thread, I replied to the OP. Stop acting silly.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 30 Apr 2016, 12:46 am

I know it's a Wendyball phrase, but how about we play the ball and not the man? We're here because we love / care about the game of rugby; is it asking too much to keep the discussion to that?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 30 Apr 2016, 8:35 am

Munster won yesterday, so the Blues either need the Scarlets to lose to the Dragons or for them to beat Munster next week to have a chance at the top 6. Also it will all be over if they lose today.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:24 am

I don't know how I feel about us doing the Blues a favour... Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:48 am

What channels are the matches on guys ? Cant seem to find where the Blues/Spreys game is ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:17 am

Blues v Ospreys is on BBC2 Wales KO @ 2:30
Scarlets V Dragons is on S4C KO @ 5:00.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:49 am

I think Judgement Day is a little bit unfair on the Dragons. The Dragons are sacrificing a home match to play in a neutral venue, whereas the Scarlets are sacrificing an away match to play in a neutral venue.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:53 am

Yes you're right, I should have posted Dragons v Scarlets KO @ 5:00 on S4C.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:24 am

Good job I'm being uber positive about this Dragons "home" game. Just went for train in Risca and they're operating with one less carriage than normal Saturdays, so I've had to scab a lift.

Still skipping along and smiling though LD Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:33 pm

Blueschief wrote:Blues v Ospreys is on BBC2 Wales KO @ 2:30
Scarlets V Dragons is on S4C  KO @ 5:00.

Cheers OK
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 30 Apr 2016, 4:21 pm

First one up was a great game of rugby. No paper airplanes but plenty of tries thumbsup. Ospreys have been absolutely relentless in attack and have used those forwards pretty well, but were second best at the set piece which I didn't expect.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 30 Apr 2016, 4:22 pm

6 tries conceded, that's a urine poor defense from the Blues.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 30 Apr 2016, 4:27 pm

Either that or it was a good attack from the Ospreys. At least two of them were from poor defence I guess, Underhill's and Webb's first try.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 30 Apr 2016, 8:49 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:Cardiff Blues: Dan Fish; Aled Summerhill, Garyn Smith, Rey Lee-Lo, Tom James; Gareth Anscombe, Lewis Jones; Gethin Jenkins (capt), Matthew Rees, Taufa'ao Filise, Josh Turnbull, James Down, Sam Warburton, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi

D'oh!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:22 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

D'oh!
Well done Dave

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:45 pm

Just back in. Enjoyed the day. It didn't cost me anything other than food and drink as I am a ST holder and the dragons put on free coaches. Got to watch a good game of rugby btween the Blues and Ospreys and there was a cracking atmosphere between the two games with the DJ and the fans having a good sing/bop along. Before normal service resumed and I spent 80 minutes wanting to jump the barrier and shove BW's head up his back side. Roll on JDV

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:49 pm

wayne wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

D'oh!
Well done Dave

Cheers.
I noticed that Warbs got injured tackling Dan Evans after 25 secs of the game kicking off. He was shaking his left arm a lot after that. Maybe he should've been replaced far sooner than 28mins in.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:52 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Just back in. Enjoyed the day. It didn't cost me anything other than food and drink as I am a ST holder and the dragons put on free coaches. Got to watch a good game of rugby btween the Blues and Ospreys and there was a cracking atmosphere between the two games with the DJ and the fans having a good sing/bop along. Before normal service resumed and I spent 80 minutes wanting to jump the barrier and shove BW's head up his back side. Roll on JDV
Totally agree Gavin, about the day, really enjoyed it and what a spectacle the first game was for Welsh Rugby, even though Summerhill's try should have been disallowed for the final pass being forward, and let me finally add Whitehouse did you NO favours at breakdown time.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:56 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

D'oh!
Well done Dave

Cheers.
I noticed that Warbs got injured tackling Dan Evans after 25 secs of the game kicking off. He was shaking his left arm a lot after that. Maybe he should've been replaced far sooner than 28mins in.
Sorry Dave, but he's as soft as Poopie, he is either injured before we get to play you or injured early in our games.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:06 pm

Just getting back home, OMG, this taking ages to type, very festival, what a day, in the words of comic book guy, BEST JD EVER !!! OMG still spel checking.........

Two of the best games I have seen in ages, speak to all tomorrow. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:09 pm

Two?!?! LD has had too many Ale Ale Ale Ale

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:21 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Just back in. Enjoyed the day. It didn't cost me anything other than food and drink as I am a ST holder and the dragons put on free coaches. Got to watch a good game of rugby btween the Blues and Ospreys and there was a cracking atmosphere between the two games with the DJ and the fans having a good sing/bop along. Before normal service resumed and I spent 80 minutes wanting to jump the barrier and shove BW's head up his back side. Roll on JDV

But your team lost and no doubt would've had a better chance of winning at home in Newport, shewerly? I reckon even Turk fans would agree.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next