The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God saved Nadal

5 posters

Go down

God saved Nadal Empty God saved Nadal

Post by wow Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:44 am

Rafa got the best ever present on his birthday from his dear friend Roger Federer. There was one and only one player who could have beaten Djokovic in this kind of form. In doing that, Fed has also saved his best friend from saving his newly found nemesis.

After the match Djoko hugged Fed which he never does to Nadal and I am sure in that short conversation Novak must have told his secret to Fed (how to beat nadal). Fed has lost twice to Nadal since beating him at ATP finals. This year is different, balls are different, Fed also came close to beating Nadal at Madrid. Who knows, we might see the emperor of clay losing at RG again?

wow

Back to top Go down

God saved Nadal Empty Re: God saved Nadal

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:00 am

If anything, God saved Djokovic. I'm sorry but couldn't see him beating Nadal on Sunday, the pressure would have been too much for him. It's great for him winning the AO and all the masters following but he has come short in the big 5 sets tournament. Slams are different. Nadal lost 3 straight times to Djokovic, before last years USO final and still won. Remembered in 2008, Djokovic was almost on the verge of taking the no.2 spot from Nadal but the pressure got to him. May be he is not yet ready.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:13 am

Wow Novak and Rafa hugged after the Indian wells final there isn't any animosity between those two. Simple analyst frankly I think the 4 day layover and all the added pressure gut Novak today, he still fought very hard and lost two sets in close tiebreaks. Most likely if he plays reasonably well the rest of the season he will be number 1 sometime this year.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:27 am

Yes he could be No.1 but he missed out here. I was personally disappointed as I wanted a Nadal-Djokovic final but not to be. The pressure got to Djokovic at the end. Nadal could also do the FO Wimbledon double again and dear me, that should heat up GOAT debates again. with the no.1 ranking, still a race for it.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ru3oHmByHA

There was a slight hug but by then Rafa has not lost 4 to Djoko in a row. You see the Miami and Madrid, you will see the difference. we have to wait to see if rafa can beat djoko this year.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:50 am

Nadal has beaten Djokovic 16 times. That's more than enough i'll say. Wouldn't matter if he doesn't beat him this year if he keeps doing what is important. winNing slams.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:01 am

wow wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ru3oHmByHA

There was a slight hug but by then Rafa has not lost 4 to Djoko in a row. You see the Miami and Madrid, you will see the difference. we have to wait to see if rafa can beat djoko this year.
Well Nadal was waiting in the Roland Garros final, unfortunately Djokovic was't good enough to meet Nadal there...

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:04 am

sonic_boom10 wrote:

Well Nadal was waiting in the Roland Garros final, unfortunately Djokovic was't good enough to meet Nadal there...

nice one!

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 am

wow wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:

nice one!
thank you

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by ebar86 Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:53 pm

what hug has to do with?

novak hug marat safin when he lost in 2nd round wimbledon

novak went to other side of the court n hug rafa after rafa winning us open last yr,,

no big thing i think

ebar86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down