The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am Amazed. One of Britain's World Champs has just fought...

+5
Lance
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
spencerclarke
Mr Bounce
9 posters

Go down

I am Amazed. One of Britain's World Champs has just fought... Empty I am Amazed. One of Britain's World Champs has just fought...

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 15 May 2016, 8:20 pm

...on Saturday night and there's nothing here. Not even a nod to him.

Lee Haskins fought and successfully defended his IBF bantamweight title on terrestial TV and nobody noticed. How very sad. I like Haskins - he's a good honest pro with an unusual style yet hardly anyone knows who he is or that he has a world title. Granted he's not top drawer and his last fight was cancelled because his opponent had been to Wendy's beforehand but he finally got to properly defend his belt.

So well done Lee. boxing OK Ale

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

I am Amazed. One of Britain's World Champs has just fought... Empty Re: I am Amazed. One of Britain's World Champs has just fought...

Post by spencerclarke Sun 15 May 2016, 8:28 pm

Didn't get a chance to see it but heard it was fairly comprehensive. Glad he got the win, fair play. Looks like a fight with Stuey Hall up next. With Ryan Farrag moving up the rankings too we could have a few domestic dust ups for the world belt soon.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

I am Amazed. One of Britain's World Champs has just fought... Empty Re: I am Amazed. One of Britain's World Champs has just fought...

Post by spencerclarke Sun 15 May 2016, 8:32 pm

No mention of Andrew Selby breaking a Welsh record either last night as far as I've seen. Very good prospect.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 15 May 2016, 8:33 pm

spencerclarke wrote:No mention of Andrew Selby breaking a Welsh record either last night as far as I've seen. Very good prospect.

Yes - he was utterly relentless in his fight. At that pace he'll likely have a fairly short career but wow was he good!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 May 2016, 10:17 pm

His style is poor man's Nazeem Hamed.

It's not great to watch infact he looks clumsy doing it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 May 2016, 10:29 pm

Has been a pretty unpleasant weekend with a hell of a lot of work to do and I'd forgotten entirely that haskind was fighting.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 16 May 2016, 6:10 am

Most fights go unnoticed around here now. Think there are only 7 or 8 of thecmore celebrityvboxers that get discussed

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 16 May 2016, 9:49 am

It was a pretty dismal fight to watch to be honest.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 16 May 2016, 9:52 am

I watched it and Haskins looked good imo

Won pretty clearly, really wish I had gone to watch it live but didn't know anything about it until recently

Selby also became British champ in his fifth fight, pretty dam good as well

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 16 May 2016, 11:33 am

I looked through Skysports and Boxnation to try and find this but couldnt see it. Forgot to check terrestrial - was it C5 or ITV?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 16 May 2016, 12:23 pm

It was on C5

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 16 May 2016, 12:30 pm

I went. Left 8 or 9 rounds into the Haskins fight. Crowd was pretty sparse after the Selby fight and we jumped into the expensive seats. Enjoyed watching Selby, speed to burn and looked like he has a lot of quality.

Sounds like I missed a good scrap, leaving before the Craig Kennedy fight!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down