The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellew to add to Cruiser woes ???

+3
JabMachineMK2
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

Bellew to add to Cruiser woes ??? Empty Bellew to add to Cruiser woes ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 May 2016, 10:15 pm

I like Bellew I may be being harsh on him here.....I think he'll win the prestigious WBC title next week....Prestigious anywhere else but Cruiser which continues on its pitiful journey....

However I just can't see Bellew not being squashed by Thompson...Nelson....Haye...I'd even pick the Eubank that lost to Thompson to beat him....He shouldn't really be a 45/55 bet in a half decent division..

6ft plus and 200 should be a great weight for fighters and it should lead to a great division...Mystery to me how Holy..Haye..Qawi and a couple of others apart it's been pretty much 35 years of puke....Bellew certainly won't make it any better talent wise..

But good luck to him...He is a character and Boxing needs those...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Bellew to add to Cruiser woes ??? Empty Re: Bellew to add to Cruiser woes ???

Post by hazharrison Fri 20 May 2016, 10:03 am

Prestigious? Maybe in 1980. These days it's just another crummy belt.

Cruiser is one of the more exciting weights right now. All of the top guys are facing one another. This should be a great fight also.

Gassiev just scored KO of the year and you have exciting battlers such as Lebedev, Huck, Makabu and Glowacki - the latter may be the most exciting fighter around.

I'm assuming this has all passed you by?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 20 May 2016, 10:22 am

WBC is no longer prestigious. Used to be, but since they refuse to allow unifications and are probably the most corrupt body in the sport - the true fan knows they're a joke.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 May 2016, 10:51 am

Makabu is a little crude but he's a heavy hitter with a good engine. Mchunu boxed his ears off for five or six rounds before Makabu came on strong and finished him (absolute great last three rounds btw if you can ever find it on YT). Think he'll beat Bellew
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 20 May 2016, 11:48 am

Strange guy bellew. At times he's quite eloquent and likeable. At others he comes across as a complete tool.. Even allowing for the fact he might be hyping a fight.

Ultimately, though, he talks a great fight but rarely delivers one. I wouldn't begrudge him his moment in the sun, but I'd also be quite ok if this guy retires him.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 20 May 2016, 12:22 pm

It's bad news his opponent is a lot shorter than him. Bellew is the worst example of a fighter over-shooting their right hand since Paul Smith pre-Gallagher.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 May 2016, 1:37 pm

hazharrison wrote:Prestigious? Maybe in 1980. These days it's just another crummy belt.

Cruiser is one of the more exciting weights right now. All of the top guys are facing one another. This should be a great fight also.

Gassiev just scored KO of the year and you have exciting battlers such as Lebedev, Huck, Makabu and Glowacki - the latter may be the most exciting fighter around.

I'm assuming this has all passed you by?

Certainly has...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 20 May 2016, 10:00 pm

Another cracker tonight between Kalenga and Dorticus Doh

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 20 May 2016, 10:22 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:WBC is no longer prestigious. Used to be, but since they refuse to allow unifications and are probably the most corrupt body in the sport - the true fan knows they're a joke.
The fighters still seem to want the WBC belt so that still makes it prestigious.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 May 2016, 11:34 pm

Never seen the guy Bellew is up against box but if he is anyway decent then he should beat Bellew who I get the impression is a splattering waiting to happen at cruiserweight. Maybe the next Enzo Mac.

Cruiser goes under the radar by being the little leagues of the heavyights but tends to throw up a lot of good fights and a lot good match ups.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 May 2016, 11:37 pm

hazharrison wrote:Another cracker tonight between Kalenga and Dorticus Doh

It's only my opinion sweetie pie...

Don't be so sensitive...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 21 May 2016, 7:28 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Another cracker tonight between Kalenga and Dorticus Doh

It's only my opinion sweetie pie...

Don't be so sensitive...

You've had a nightmare here! Probably the hottest division in boxing which has provided KO and FOY candidates within a week!

You're still in the Johnny Nelson era!! Laugh

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 21 May 2016, 3:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au1WuysO074&itct=CCAQpDAYBSITCJenkbmh68wCFQxpHAodNdwHy1INTWFrYWJ1IG1jaHVudQ%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=ZA&hl=en-GB

Here's Mchunu getting knocked out by Makabu. Reckon Bellew is up against it here (and given the fact that the guys ranked above him included Huck and Usyk, I don't think he should be even getting a shot but that's by the by). He toiled against Masternak who lost to Muller (admittedly controversially) who got absolutely blitzed by Usyk, and then KOed by a pretty crude Lerena so in a round about way, his toiling against Masternak doesn't look too good. But who knows, the guy did beat a Adonis Creed at Goodison, so maybe the venue has some luck for him
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down