The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Phillips considering Crusaders

+2
Coleman
Cymroglan
6 posters

Go down

Mike Phillips considering Crusaders Empty Mike Phillips considering Crusaders

Post by Cymroglan Sat 04 Jun 2011, 9:34 am

WALES rugby union scrum-half Mike Phillips is considering a shock move to join Crusaders.

North Wales Super League side Crusaders have confirmed they have made an offer to Phillips, who will win his 52nd cap for Wales against Barbarians today but has been told he can leave Ospreys.

The Wrexham-based outfit also want to tempt troubled star Gavin Henson to switch codes, although his interest in rugby league is thought to be less serious than that of Phillips.

Phillips has been made an offer which, if he accepted, would mean the British Lion could join Crusaders immediately. However, barring injury he will be a certainty for Warren Gatland’s Wales squad travelling to the union World Cup in September, which is bound to prove a stumbling block to any move this season
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/rugby-news/2011/06/04/wales-rugby-union-scrum-half-mike-phillips-considering-shock-move-to-crusaders-55578-28817592/

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Mike Phillips considering Crusaders Empty Re: Mike Phillips considering Crusaders

Post by Coleman Sat 04 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

What kind of role could he play in RL?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Mike Phillips considering Crusaders Empty Re: Mike Phillips considering Crusaders

Post by MBTGOG Sat 04 Jun 2011, 9:41 am

Coleman,

I'd say he'd be a hooker.

Also, I very much doubt he will move before the World Cup and to be honest, even afterwards as he'll make nowhere near as much money in League as he will in Union.

Would be interesting to see him in League though.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sat 04 Jun 2011, 9:53 am

I think a French side are rumoured to be courting him too - Brive I think

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 11:49 am

Its Bayonne - Also, I doubt the Crusadors could afford £900,000 to buy his contract as it still has 3 years on it. (fairly sure he signed a 4 year deal last year for 1.2mil).

Its probably just a publicity stunt as im sure even a badly out of form Lions SH can earn more working in Union than League - especially in France.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 12:01 pm

Just look where the Crusaders are in the league, why would Phillips even think about it?

Way back when they played at Bridgend they put out a rumour over Henson playing for them and it did create a bit of interest, is this the same now?

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down